Author Topic: Who is your favorite prospect after the lottery you would like to draft?  (Read 14646 times)

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 36
I would personally love RHJ because he's a high floor player with a medium/high ceiling. He's a terrific and versatile defender who is unselfish and has a high motor. Excellent size, long arms and he can draw many fouls  (7FTA per game per 40mins . He's very athletic and explosive and I think he's the best lock down defender in the whole draft. His major concern it's his shooting but his mechanics can be fixed.

He's a DA type of guy and he fits in Stevens' system because he can guard 1-4, he can handle the ball, his IQ is solid and plays an uptempo game and in transition . Reminds me of Wallace and MKG. He's physical and plays like a Celtic.Think about our perimeter defense Smart-AB-Jefferson Smart-AB-Jefferson!

Which is your favorite prospect after the lottery would you like to draft?

How does a SF who can't hit the 3 fit Stevens's system?

Well, he can always improve his shooting. But he fits mainly because of his versatility (he can switch on D, he can play multiple positions, he's a good passer, very passionate, plays with an unbelievable motor (which can result him in not playing under control at times) and he is an excellent team player.

An example of this is Crowder. Yes, Jae is a better shooter but he is in the high 20s in shooting the 3 ball but he fits in the system because of the reasons I listed before.

Yeah, I just think the C's have too many of those types--they need some high-level shooting and scoring.

This means that it can be an insurance from the departure of Crowder in case he leaves even though it's unlikely.

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
Well he is well outside the lottery but I would love to pick Terry Rozier III with our second rounder.
He is pretty athletic and is an improved scorer, he could be a steal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJeBIh96YRc

Wow! this kid has potential to be a deadly scorer off the bench or even on a starting lineup because he has "it" and he's so relentless in attacking the rim. That first step is deadly. He reminds me a little bit of a bigger Isaiah Thomas but IT draws more fouls and Rozier III is a better defender. And yeah, he would likely be a steal

Anyway, I would love to have this kid in our team but wouldn't he make our backcourt more crowded? Could you tell me how could we make space for him?

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Well he's projected at the back end of the lottery but with our pick I'm agreeeing with Chad Ford's latest and taking Trey Lyles.

This video breakdown from DraftExpress is what finally sold me.
 http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Trey-Lyles-NBA-Draft-Scouting-Report-and-Video-Breakdown-4924

He looks like a decisive, ball doesn't stick to his hands kind of guy that would be perfect for our offense and his length would allow him to be disruptive on defense. Lyles seems unshakeable, kind of has that Kawhi Leonard demaenor that would fit well here. Even if we have to move up I'd take him.

As for RHJ, sure he'd be fine with The Clips pick. Even if wed have to jump up to like 22 to take him.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 12:40:56 PM by Smartacus »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
Well he is well outside the lottery but I would love to pick Terry Rozier III with our second rounder.

Wow! this kid has potential to be a deadly scorer off the bench or even on a starting lineup because he has "it" and he's so relentless in attacking the rim. That first step is deadly. He reminds me a little bit of a bigger Isaiah Thomas but IT draws more fouls and Rozier III is a better defender. And yeah, he would likely be a steal

Anyway, I would love to have this kid in our team but wouldn't he make our backcourt more crowded? Could you tell me how could we make space for him?

Maybe we could move one of our backcourt players to move up in the draft to get another talent at wing or center (Stanley Johnson or WCS)  ::)
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
What about this 19yo 6'8" SF shooting 56% on 2pts, 42% on 3pts and 77% FTs, while pulling in 8 boards a game in Greece?

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Aleksandar-Vezenkov-6429/
Vezenkov declared yesterday. I've watched Sasho grow up as a player and as fellow Bulgarian, I'd love to see him in green. Very hardworking, skilled, extremely loyal to the organization he belongs to. Obvious potential offensively, very good nose for the ball too - top 3 in the Greek league in rebounding.

However, he would need a significant work on his body to be effective in the NBA. The training staff would need to either have him bulk up and be a small ball stretch 4 or work on his foot speed and have him play the 3. Still 19 so there is hope.

In Aris and in the Bulgarian national team he plays almost exclusively the 4. In a recent interview when asked which position he prefers he answered the 4 immediately and added Mirotic as a role model.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
What about this 19yo 6'8" SF shooting 56% on 2pts, 42% on 3pts and 77% FTs, while pulling in 8 boards a game in Greece?

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Aleksandar-Vezenkov-6429/
Vezenkov declared yesterday. I've watched Sasho grow up as a player and as fellow Bulgarian, I'd love to see him in green. Very hardworking, skilled, extremely loyal to the organization he belongs to. Obvious potential offensively, very good nose for the ball too - top 3 in the Greek league in rebounding.

However, he would need a significant work on his body to be effective in the NBA. The training staff would need to either have him bulk up and be a small ball stretch 4 or work on his foot speed and have him play the 3. Still 19 so there is hope.

In Aris and in the Bulgarian national team he plays almost exclusively the 4. In a recent interview when asked which position he prefers he answered the 4 immediately and added Mirotic as a role model.
He could be a good pickup with our 2nd or 3rd pick. He looks like he has really long arms and a good frame, so PF is a real possibility for him. Which is good because he looks really unathletic-- he won't be able to guard SF's. But a package of length, excellent shooting and rebounding could be worthwhile in the late 1st.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Hard to pick one favoite. Having Dunn and Layman returning to school leaves

Aleksandr Veznekov, maybe best Euro this draft when all is said and done. He has that level fight and skill. Looking like he will crack the first round.

Bobby Portis, SEC player of the year solid big man.
May go higher than lottery as he is best two way big after Porzingis. Could develop into a LaMarcus Aldridge type.

Tyler Harvey, Yeah last name Harvey not Curry.
 Sharp scorer blend of Curry (excellent 3, not super athletic) and IT (undersized if at the 2 but knows how to get shot off).

Aaron White, the true White mamba.
It's mid 2nd round and all the prospects are fringe NBA guys then you see Scal 2.1 and remember Gigi as well Jerekbo are gone. C's need a hustle efficient energy big man.

Team could probably draft all four Portis 16, Vezenkov 28, Harvey 33, White 45.

Smart/IT
Harvey/AB
Turner/Young/Vezenkov
Portis/KO/White
Z/Sully

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'd like to see the Celts end up with either Dekker or Looney if they can't move up into the lottery.

Beyond that, I'd like to see Ainge pick up a project big man with legit size and athleticism to be a good defensive center -- Upshaw, Dakari Johnson, Mam Jaiteh ... whoever.  Just not another Fab Melo.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Aleksandr Veznekov, maybe best Euro this draft when all is said and done. He has that level fight and skill.

Thaaat is going a little far. This is a draft with Hezonja and Porzingis in it, and Veznekov is a lumbering 6'8 PF. If you look at his highlight reel, he can barely dunk.

Not that he's a bad pick at #26, I'm just saying.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Aleksandr Veznekov, maybe best Euro this draft when all is said and done. He has that level fight and skill.

Thaaat is going a little far. This is a draft with Hezonja and Porzingis in it, and Veznekov is a lumbering 6'8 PF. If you look at his highlight reel, he can barely dunk.

Not that he's a bad pick at #26, I'm just saying.
I watched a few full games not highlights of Vezenkov. His D is what I worry about but he plays tough. Mario looks like a stud but he is supposed to be a SG and that may be difficult for him to do in the NBA. Porzingis is also going to make a big leap. At SF or PF today's NBA is becoming more like international basketball so less of a transition for Vezenkov.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Maybe we could move one of our backcourt players to move up in the draft to get another talent at wing or center (Stanley Johnson or WCS)  ::)
Why the eye-roll I actually think thats a really interesting idea.

Rozier from what I heard is a bad shooter somewhat similar to Smart but other than that I really like his game. He looks like a second round prospect so if we take him at 33 and package 16, 28, and IT4 does that get us into the back end of the top 10? I doubt it but I think itd be worth a phone call.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
at 16, whoever is available out of Portis, Lyles, Dekker or Myles Turner.

with the Clippers' pick, Dakari Johnson

with 76ers' pick, Guillermo Hernangómez

with Celtics' second rounder, Zhou Qi (if he enters the Draft) would be a great investment.

Bass is probably gone, have Jerebko take his spot and get the rookie at #16 some time to develop behind JJ and Sully. Develop Dakari and stash second rounders.

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser

with Celtics' second rounder, Zhou Qi (if he enters the Draft) would be a great investment.

Bass is probably gone, have Jerebko take his spot and get the rookie at #16 some time to develop behind JJ and Sully. Develop Dakari and stash second rounders.

I don't know much about Dakari. Is he a rim protector? What's his upside?

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I RHJ and Dakari and Upshaw as options with our later picks.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

I don't know much about Dakari. Is he a rim protector? What's his upside?
Dakari=Slightly more athletic Perk. So can d-up at a good level but isn't a Jordan type shot blocking center.