Author Topic: Who is your favorite prospect after the lottery you would like to draft?  (Read 14654 times)

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 36
I would personally love RHJ because he's a high floor player with a medium/high ceiling. He's a terrific and versatile defender who is unselfish and has a high motor. Excellent size, long arms and he can draw many fouls  (7FTA per game per 40mins . He's very athletic and explosive and I think he's the best lock down defender in the whole draft. His major concern it's his shooting but his mechanics can be fixed.

He's a DA type of guy and he fits in Stevens' system because he can guard 1-4, he can handle the ball, his IQ is solid and plays an uptempo game and in transition . Reminds me of Wallace and MKG. He's physical and plays like a Celtic.Think about our perimeter defense Smart-AB-Jefferson Smart-AB-Jefferson!

Which is your favorite prospect after the lottery would you like to draft?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 06:04:49 AM by Maurice98 »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
i like Rondae Hollis-Jefferson as well
i completely agree with your assessment except i doubt the high ceiling you have labelled him with
i think he is definitely a good player just with a medium ceiling

outside of RHJ I like:
Christian Wood
George Lucas
Dakari Johnson
Guillermo Hernangomez

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
i like Rondae Hollis-Jefferson as well
i completely agree with your assessment except i doubt the high ceiling you have labelled him with
i think he is definitely a good player just with a medium ceiling

outside of RHJ I like:
Christian Wood
George Lucas
Dakari Johnson
Guillermo Hernangomez

I like those players too in particular Christan Wood because of his combination of size, length, athleticism. He's a superb rim protector and shooting ability.

Regarding RHJ I would say that his ceiling is high if he learns ti shoots consistently  (35-36 3pt %) because he is very aggressive and also, I would say he's an underrated passer.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gl1-V3ngYKs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KgSMXjHyCdI

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
(1) Looney = two way role player but we have so many PFs already so only lukewarm on drafting him.

(2) RHJ = one way player, defensive role player

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
What about this 19yo 6'8" SF shooting 56% on 2pts, 42% on 3pts and 77% FTs, while pulling in 8 boards a game in Greece?

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Aleksandar-Vezenkov-6429/

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I like BPA. Reckon Stevens will b able to fit him into th rotation. Alternatively we could could trade him as a part of a package for PFN.
Banner 18 please 😍

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
I would love Rondae Hollis Jefferson with the 28th pick. The only problem with this guy is that he's a terrible shooter, but that can be fixed (hopefully). If he could develop a 3 point shot he could very likely end up being a new "Bruce Bowen" which wouldn't be so bad ::)
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
I really like Robert Upshaw, he could be a nice back up center.
He could be had with our second pick (clippers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHUV54UoT9k

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:00:19 AM by DrJasper »
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
I would personally love RHJ because he's a high floor player with a medium/high ceiling. He's a terrific and versatile defender who is unselfish and has a high motor. Excellent size, long arms and he can draw many fouls  (7FTA per game per 40mins . He's very athletic and explosive and I think he's the best lock down defender in the whole draft. His major concern it's his shooting but his mechanics can be fixed.

He's a DA type of guy and he fits in Stevens' system because he can guard 1-4, he can handle the ball, his IQ is solid and plays an uptempo game and in transition . Reminds me of Wallace and MKG. He's physical and plays like a Celtic.Think about our perimeter defense Smart-AB-Jefferson Smart-AB-Jefferson!

How does a SF who can't hit the 3 fit Stevens's system?

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser

Well, he can always improve his shooting. But he fits mainly because of his versatility (he can switch on D, he can play multiple positions, he's a good passer, very passionate, plays with an unbelievable motor (which can result him in not playing under control at times) and he is an excellent team player.

An example of this is Crowder. Yes, Jae is a better shooter but he is in the high 20s in shooting the 3 ball but he fits in the system because of the reasons I listed before.

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I really think Chris McCullough will be the steal of the draft because of suspicions of his lack of motor but same was said of Boogie and under the right coach I think he could have all-star potential.

Every negative posted seems fixable, like his weight and focus on the floor but his upside is enormous, every mock puts him as a late 1st/second rounder and that is too good to pass on even though we are flush with PF atm.

I think if we could trade up for Stanley Johnson some how, get Dakari Johnson and Chris McCullough it would be a great draft

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
My favorite was Caris Levert up until he announced he was going back to school.
Since he's out, the guy I want Danny Ainge to take is Delon Wright.

I think he is one of the only players that is clearly out of the lottery that could *potentially* be a franchise player on a Paul George/Kawhi Leonard sleeper level and perhaps the best player out of this entire draft.

He's flown under the radar but he has got insane defensive and offensive potential if he can learn to shoot just a bit better- the thing with this guy is his heart and drive- he wants to win badly like Marcus Smart and he's not afraid of taking any shot or finding any team mate.

Here's a highlight video and let me know what you think of the last 60 seconds of that clip...that's a killer basketball player right there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml8R3MP9jSs
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:45:02 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
Well he is well outside the lottery but I would love to pick Terry Rozier III with our second rounder.
He is pretty athletic and is an improved scorer, he could be a steal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJeBIh96YRc
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
My favorite was Caris Levert up until he announced he was going back to school.
Since he's out, the guy I want Danny Ainge to take is Delon Wright.

I think he is one of the only players that is clearly out of the lottery that could *potentially* be a franchise player on a Paul George/Kawhi Leonard sleeper level and perhaps the best player out of this entire draft.

He's flown under the radar but he has got insane defensive and offensive potential if he can learn to shoot just a bit better- the thing with this guy is his heart and drive- he wants to win badly like Marcus Smart and he's not afraid of taking any shot or finding any team mate.

Here's a highlight video and let me know what you think of the last 60 seconds of that clip...that's a killer basketball player right there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml8R3MP9jSs

He is a senior. 23yo today. Playing against guys 2-3 years younger than him.

... and he can only score 14.7ppg? 5.3apg?

Good size but only an average athlete. Average shooter (35% 3PT).

Looks like a 2nd round to me.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:49:46 AM by Who »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas

Well, he can always improve his shooting. But he fits mainly because of his versatility (he can switch on D, he can play multiple positions, he's a good passer, very passionate, plays with an unbelievable motor (which can result him in not playing under control at times) and he is an excellent team player.

An example of this is Crowder. Yes, Jae is a better shooter but he is in the high 20s in shooting the 3 ball but he fits in the system because of the reasons I listed before.

Yeah, I just think the C's have too many of those types--they need some high-level shooting and scoring.