Author Topic: Cavaliers (3-0) at Celtics (0-3) Round 1 Game #4 4/26/15  (Read 86797 times)

Re: Cavaliers (3-0) at Celtics (0-3) Round 1 Game #4 4/26/15
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2015, 09:31:56 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
If Stevens is going to make changes to the lineup, the only alteration I'd like to see would replacing Bass with Sullinger, and, to a lesser extent, getting more minutes for Smart, even though that isn't really lineup-related.  I'm interested to see how well, or not, as the case may be, Sullinger would perform against Love, and everyone knows that we need more rebounding out there.  I wouldn't mess with the bench too much, though, as that's really been our only strength in this series, imo.

You don't want Crowder glued to LeBron?

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2015, 10:25:26 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Let's go Celtics!

Win or lose, this team had Celtic Pride and fought hard.

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2015, 11:22:12 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
FL, I hope this is not the last write up you do this season, I appreciate your hard work, TP for your efforts. 

Where is Bass on your lineup, did I miss something?

Lets Go Celtics, but regardless I enjoyed watching them this season a lot!  But to the Cavs fans out there "See You Thursday!"
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 12:14:52 PM by Celts Fan 508 »
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2015, 12:47:16 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
jae will start in place of smaht and jerebko is a possible starter too. smaht would have been benched no matter how the series was going because he missed shootaround today (overslept).
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2015, 12:55:56 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2015, 01:02:03 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Hope the team just keeps fighting until the end.

In 2008 we didn't take the sub-.500 Hawks seriously and lost focus frequently.  It resulted in the series going 7 games.   The Cavs seem to have the same lapses of focus in this series.  They seem to drift in and out of consciousness alternating between boredom and mild effort.  Half the time they are napping, but it's a credit to their talent that they are able to keep a two possession lead buffer at all times.  They never seem threatened by these Celtics.  At no point has it felt like Boston was playing in a winnable game.  When Boston has a little success, the Cavs just flip the switch and push that lead buffer back to two possessions.  We've been kept at arms length this entire series.

One thing to watch out for... this is Cleveland's last preseason tune-up before the playoffs start for them.  They aren't going to be able to beat Chicago with this same level of apathy.  They might use part of this game to test their playoff legs and see what they can do with full effort.  If they lock-in and go full throttle, we need to try not to get embarrassed in the process.   Be prepared for a possible surge effort from LeBron and try to keep this one to a respectable single digit game as well.

I just want to see Boston play hard and keep their heads up.  Being outplayed for 4 straight games has to be disheartening, but I don't want to see us roll over.

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2015, 01:02:06 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
So IT is the face of the celtics now?

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2015, 01:03:38 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

In 2008 we didn't take the sub-.500 Hawks seriously and lost focus frequently.  It resulted in the series going 7 games.   The Cavs seem to have the same lapses of focus in this series.  They seem to drift in and out of consciousness alternating between boredom and mild effort.  Half the time they are napping, but it's a credit to their talent that they are able to keep a two possession lead buffer at all times.  They never seem threatened by these Celtics.  At no point has it felt like Boston was playing in a winnable game.  When Boston has a little success, the Cavs just flip the switch and push that lead buffer back to two possessions.  We've been kept at arms length this entire series.

One thing to watch out for... this is Cleveland's last preseason tune-up before the playoffs start for them.  They aren't going to be able to beat Chicago with this same level of apathy.  They might use part of this game to test their playoff legs and see what they can do with full effort.  If they lock-in and go full throttle, we need to try not to get embarrassed in the process.   Be prepared for a possible surge effort from LeBron and try to keep this one to a respectable single digit game as well.

Complete mischaracterization of what's actually happening, but OK.

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2015, 01:05:33 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
You'd think 3 games of abuse on the boards would be enough to get them to rebound.

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2015, 01:06:35 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Good Lord, offensive rebounds are just killing us this series, from a Lebron James team nonetheless?!

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2015, 01:07:49 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Stop me if you've heard this in the past 4 years.... We need a rebounding big!!!!

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2015, 01:08:22 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
All the hallmarks of this series are on display to start here.

Cavs getting to the rim, grabbing offensive rebounds, hitting outside shots.

Rinse, repeat, sweep.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2015, 01:08:22 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Complete mischaracterization of what's actually happening, but OK.
I haven't seen LeBron break a sweat in this series.   He's spending most of it strolling around with a smirk on his face.  I feel like he's only participating, because of contractual obligation.  Otherwise, maybe they would have rested him this entire series and saved him for when the playoffs start against the Bulls.

Semi-kidding.  On the flip side, maybe Cleveland falls asleep during this entire game, we have some flukey 30 point performances from IT and Oly, and we steal a game.   Not expecting that, though. 

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2015, 01:09:32 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Why are we showcasing Crowder in a series we can't win and not Smart who we know will be with us next year.  ???

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2015, 01:09:51 PM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Two things that need to change for us to win today.. Bradley needs to stop jump shooting and get the basket.. and Zeller needs to body Tristan and keep him off the offensive glass