Author Topic: Warming up to PF draft prospect Christian Wood  (Read 6832 times)

Re: Warming up to PF draft prospect Christian Wood
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 03:36:21 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
16 is too much of a reach for Woods. But I say if you like a guy then pound the table for your guy and take him. I want Vezenkov at 28 that is a reach but he is a favorite.

in your opinion why is it too much of a reach?

his stats were very good for last season.
He pretty much got handled by every other NBA prospect. So he is two or three years away from defending NBA PFs. His offense isn't there either. Not a bad project guy for 28 though. Maybe if they trade down to 20 or lower range. I also don't see him as a guy that can play over any of the PFs currently on team either so unless we lose all in FA and trade Sully or KO he isn't getting much PT to develop quick either. He is DL player year one.

This is false.  He had a terrific game against Arizona. 24 pts , 10 rebounds . Reading Arizona had trouble handling wood and put several different players against him to try to slow him down

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/christian-wood-1/gamelog/2015/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKLm8dyskJo
I did say every other prospect. And how does a good game against Arizona make a difference. They have two good SFs. No good NBA prospect Center or PF.

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2015, 03:46:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
NBA draft has Christian Wood compared to John Henson. Intersting

If Wood can add 10-15 pounds of muscle , he is kind of the player that the Celtics are missing in their roster.   6'11" height, 7'3" wingspan above the rim PF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3_H7fpSbK0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR4U2jYAFr0
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 03:53:01 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2015, 11:32:23 AM »

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 36
Check out these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyt5McHmIKg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua-6iCI8Mo0

What do you guys think about him? He can be an athletic rim protector for us and if he reaches his potential, he could possibly be a two-way face up 4.

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2015, 11:43:09 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Check out these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyt5McHmIKg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua-6iCI8Mo0

What do you guys think about him? He can be an athletic rim protector for us and if he reaches his potential, he could possibly be a two-way face up 4.

Strength , discipline and better coaching will go a long way for Wood.  Has a high ceiling

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2015, 11:51:01 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Honestly I am warming to the idea of taking him at 16. He was my target with the CLippers pick but I doubt he ends up being available there.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2015, 12:07:15 PM »

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
Honestly I am warming to the idea of taking him at 16. He was my target with the CLippers pick but I doubt he ends up being available there.

Same but do you guys think that the Celtics can develop this guy properly?

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2015, 12:32:48 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Same but do you guys think that the Celtics can develop this guy properly?
Well hardest thing to develop is conditioning/athleticism for the C's. Woods comes in having it. C's do well getting guys to run their offense. I'm not worried about Woods being good here. I still would not take him before pick 20. So maybe DA does a minor trade up from 28.

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2015, 12:36:00 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

I agree.  If he's the guy, take him at 16 so you're sure to get him.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2015, 02:32:28 PM »

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
He reminds me of a skinnier Ibaka. Similar skillset (rebound, block shots, versatile skillset, raw offensively and defensively, can hit mid range shots).

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2015, 03:43:16 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I like Wood but not at 16. His lack of strength scares me and I have Lyles, Portis and Harrell ahead of him on my personal PF ranking. He does have a greater ceiling then those three whats to athleticism but has alot longer to go.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2015, 03:55:10 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I like him and would choose him ahead of some bigs around there because I think he may have a more pro friendly game.  He has upside for sure.

Obviously I think the strength is an issue but seems like he filled out a lot over the off season and he's 19.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 04:13:56 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2015, 04:31:59 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Needs locked in a weight room.  I think if Ainge thinks we can't sign a stud this kind of project is the way we will go.  Strength is easy to improve if you know what your doing.

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2015, 01:39:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Needs locked in a weight room.  I think if Ainge thinks we can't sign a stud this kind of project is the way we will go.  Strength is easy to improve if you know what your doing.

Yup. I think Wood is really going to climb come draft night.  We might not even have a chance to grab him at 16.  Someone like Lyles might drop down instead

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2015, 02:10:12 PM »

Offline Vegas Green

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
I live in Vegas and have seen him play. He would have benefited from another year of college, but I guess a lot of guys would benefit from staying in school.

He has potential but doesn't always come to play. He definitely has the talent but not sure how hard he will play once he gets paid.

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2015, 02:47:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I live in Vegas and have seen him play. He would have benefited from another year of college, but I guess a lot of guys would benefit from staying in school.

He has potential but doesn't always come to play. He definitely has the talent but not sure how hard he will play once he gets paid.

He need to play hard if he wants to get paid. A rookie contract (outside of top 10) is not alot