Author Topic: So , does anyone still think Bradley is starting quality after these playoffs?  (Read 9954 times)

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Sooner or later being a tweener is going to expose you on some level.   He is a PG sized body with a SG 's skillset.   Sometimes he can compensate with his athletic ability which is immense.  Other times a team like CLE can really bother him.

He is inconsistent a lot to me.   Good a few games bad a few.   He is what he is at this point, he has been in the league for five years.  This year he has regressed slightly in PPG and FG% and a bit in 3P%.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/4240/avery-bradley

Some of that is normal after a contract year I would assume.

hmm? yeah sounds like a guy we can get whenever.

which is why I don't get the fascination from Celtics fans. and not with just Bradley, all of these players are nice to have on a contending team. but let's get the players that will make us contenders 1st, then get these players. these players are not the ones to build around.

and I can't stand hearing "if we had this or that, then(insert current player's name) would be this n' that". first off, no kidding they'd be better. but i'm not going after Lebron so IT can be a better player, it doesn't work that way.

every one of these players is trade fodder imo. the only guy i'd be hesitant to deal is Smart and that's only because as a rookie he's playing D like a 10 yr. vet. even then if the right deal comes along I'm jumping on it.   
Absolutely

I would not hesitate to move Bradley, Thomas, Olynyk, Sully,or Zeller. I wouldnt move Smart unless it gets us a Cousins type star, and Id be hesitant to move James Young only because I don't think youd get value to match his potential.

However, I also wouldnt mind keeping any of them and think each could play important roles on our next contending team.

I am of the opinion that AB could be your 5th starter, same with Sully if he gets his head right, IT4 could be your 6th man and KO and Zeller could be 3rd or 4th bigs on a championship team.

I dont think we should be rushing to push any of these guys out the door but Danny better not turn down a deal for a legit player because he doesnt want to include 1 specific 1 of them.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
we have a bunch of players(AB included) that could have a role on a contender. starters? maybe. finishers? No! collectively this team has reached it's potential.

as for AB specifically? offensively this is exactly what I expected from him. he can't dribble, he takes bad shots and decision making is non existent.

I've been all over AB's shot taking since Brad Stevens unleashed him for this very reason. the shots he takes are absolutely horrid, and against the better teams they just aren't going to fall, they just aren't, that's just the way it is.

most of those pull up jumpers AB makes are with a defender in his face. while he has hit these shots a lot - contested shots are still bad shots, taking bad shots catches up with you eventually. and here we are.
Right on about AB's long 2 plays. They are hard to hit. I think it is all about keeping D honest and guys moving. If he was a better passer and ball handler it would open up the offense to an extreme level. But AB does not and all he does is pull up and shoot. Imagine it with a better player shooting, passing, and driving capable player. Maybe move AB and try to develop Young at SG is the answer.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
AB has come along way in development.  He'd be a bencher on most contenders , but he is about starter level for the grade the Celtics are as a whole . Meaning he can start for lesser teams in league.

He may still get better as a shooter and be simular to Lowry before he is done .

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I like AB but he is not starting material.  When his jump shot does not fall , he is near useless on the offensive end.   I have never seen him drive and kick out in a one smooth motion.   He rarely drives to the basket for layups, floaters.  Really one dimensional offensive player and has a height disadvantage

I want AB to be coming off the bench in the near future. And for the Celts to get a pg/sg to play alongside smart in the starting lineup.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
This is why I come to Celticsblog, so I can learn from true basketball experts. Here I am thinking Bradley is starting quality but now I know I was wrong because I forgot to rate him on the last 3 games alone rather than what he did over the entire season. I am so grateful for these amazing takes on basketball personnel, this is an incredibly astute comment, it reminded me that being a Celtics fan I am supposed to turn my back on any player who has 3 bad games, here I was thinking fans should support the team, how dumb am I?

it's not about 3 games , he is a good 7th or 8th man , but he can easily be replaced by a better option in the starting lineup