Author Topic: So , does anyone still think Bradley is starting quality after these playoffs?  (Read 9975 times)

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Bradley hurt his Leg/Hip in the 2nd to last game of the season--he is now shooting like Ray Allen, after being knee'd by Artest in the 2010 Finals.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
This playoff series hasn't changed my opinion on AB. Either as a starter or off the bench he is a handy piece in an improved team. Has been solid this season on a developing team. I also think he is good for the team to have around, growing into a leadership role, from the way CBS and DA rate him.

He is facing a very good team in this series. Nobody expects AB or other players on this C's team to dominate their opposition over the series. Realistically the Cavs may even have another gear they could blow the C's away with, still wouldn't mean the C's are anything other than a young developing team needing 2 to 3 pieces to be a contender.

What do the stats show? AB probably has, on this team, more responsibility than he is really meant for in the NBA. That changes with better players added.

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
People waited for him to struggle and now they go back to attacking him. A lot of our players are over rated here and a lot of players on other teams are under rated here. But Bradley is somehow under rated here. I mean he has had a bad series but only a bad gm would panic trade him.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I like bradley as a player.  He does fit into the same category as many of our guys do though

with a really good team he can be a starter but a weak one and the team makes up for his short comings
can he be a quality starter on this team and make an impact? NO
but again you can say that about everyone (pretty sure) on our team
good squad i love to cheer for but everyone has faults

think of our starters and top subs and their minutes on any good celtics team

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
AB is okay as a role player. Could he start on a contender, sure. Can he lead a bunch of lesser players to victory over a stacked team with the best player in the league, no.

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Could have had 1st rounders for him? smh
Truuuuuuuuuth!

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum

Those picks are not going any where. If Danny wants to he could make a trade on draft night when he sees who the players on the board are and stuff.

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4

Those picks are not going any where. If Danny wants to he could make a trade on draft night when he sees who the players on the board are and stuff.
Honestly I still wouldnt move him for anything less than a lotto pick. Hes had 3 bad shooting games which could  possibly be the result of a knock he took last game of the year, and in game 3 he was tremendous covering Irving.

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum

Honestly I still wouldnt move him for anything less than a lotto pick. Hes had 3 bad shooting games which could  possibly be the result of a knock he took last game of the year, and in game 3 he was tremendous covering Irving.

Yeah I'm with you I would lean towards not trading Bradley. It depends who is on the board though or if we could use a pick we got for Bradley to trade up for someone really good.

Celticsblog=sports radio

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232

Yeah I'm with you I would lean towards not trading Bradley. It depends who is on the board though or if we could use a pick we got for Bradley to trade up for someone really good.

If you could trade Bradley, Sullinger, #16, #33 and one of the MIN picks to the Kings for McLemore and #6 would you do it? You can possibly get Winslow or Johnson there. Or Bradley, #16 and #33 to the Jazz for #11(?) and Rodney Hood would you do that?

The forum is a lot of two extremes. People always either highly over or under value our players. Bradley shooting poorly in this series doesn't de-value him at all in the eyes of most other NBA GM's. If anything the D he's played on Irving and his team leadership have helped his stock. He's clearly being asked to do more for us than he should be, and everyone knows it. Easily explains a bad shooting % in a 3-5 game sample size against a legit title contender.

But lots of people make it seem like moving up into the lottery is going to cost us a fortune because they de-value our players. Deals kinda like the ones I just mentioned are realistically on the table for Ainge to work out. This series isn't going to have a lot of bad effects on our players trade value, AB included.

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum

If you could trade Bradley, Sullinger, #16, #33 and one of the MIN picks to the Kings for McLemore and #6 would you do it? You can possibly get Winslow or Johnson there. Or Bradley, #16 and #33 to the Jazz for #11(?) and Rodney Hood would you do that?

The forum is a lot of two extremes. People always either highly over or under value our players. Bradley shooting poorly in this series doesn't de-value him at all in the eyes of most other NBA GM's. If anything the D he's played on Irving and his team leadership have helped his stock. He's clearly being asked to do more for us than he should be, and everyone knows it. Easily explains a bad shooting % in a 3-5 game sample size against a legit title contender.

But lots of people make it seem like moving up into the lottery is going to cost us a fortune because they de-value our players. Deals kinda like the ones I just mentioned are realistically on the table for Ainge to work out. This series isn't going to have a lot of bad effects on our players trade value, AB included.

Exactly. A short playoff series won't make him less valuable. I rate McLemore very highly so I would likely do the trade if we could draft Winslow who I also rate very highly. I don't really rate Hood that highly though. Sacramento seems to like McLemore do you think they would even trade him and their very high pick just to trade down? I feel like they wouldn't. Also if we could id probably prefer to trade the LA Clippers pick instead of the Minnesota one.

Celticsblog=sports radio

Offline fandrew

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 25
If Bradley for #12 and Rodney Hood was something the Jazz would actually do Id do it.
I'd be surprised if Utah were just willing to give up Hood for him, nevermind the #12 pick too.

I actually think that Bradley is perfect for Utah. Utah needs to start trading some of its assets for players to win now.

They have a game changing Center in Gobert, a SF number one option in Hayward, Alec Burks is a good SG, Derrick Favors had a good year at PF.

Bradley would be perfect as a Defense and 3rd to 4th shooting option either off the bench or starting for this team. Great Defense on the perimeter and at the rim.

Rodney Hood and #12 for Bradley I feel would be a great deal for the Jazz because they know what they are getting, he is still young, still improving, and on a really good contract. They have other assets to trade for additional pieces such as Exum who many teams would probably trade for because of potential.

Oh, and I am not really on a Trade Bradley wagon here. I am open to trading most players on our team, but for the right deal. I like Bradley a lot, but regardless of CBS's coaching, Bradley just does not have the right players around him here to be utilized at his best with his weaknesses minimized.
"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care." - Peter Gibbons

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232

Exactly. A short playoff series won't make him less valuable. I rate McLemore very highly so I would likely do the trade if we could draft Winslow who I also rate very highly. I don't really rate Hood that highly though. Sacramento seems to like McLemore do you think they would even trade him and their very high pick just to trade down? I feel like they wouldn't. Also if we could id probably prefer to trade the LA Clippers pick instead of the Minnesota one.

Personally, I think Karl likes Stauskus a lot. He began utilizing him a lot toward the end of the year, and McLemore was involved in the a Rondo talks if I remember correctly. Of course, no one knows who's actually in charge there, so it's just speculation. But Karl needs to build a team that can compete around Boogie this year is they have any chance of keeping him. One of the Sullinger/KO pair would be perfect next to him. And giving up AB, Sully, #16 and #28 is too much for just #6 and one they have two decent SG prospects to send our way in exchange for AB. At that point SAC is just a PG (Lawson?) away from being a real threat in the West.

The Jazz deal idea comes from a Zach Lowe column I read a month ago. He said that DA turned down multiple mid-first round pick offers for AB at the deadline, and he mentioned the Jazz as a possible candidate for a trade on draft day. He even suggests that a pick swap and Hood for AB is something both sides would consider. I think if we gave them AB, #16, and one of either #28/#33 for #12 and Hood they would take it. That moves us up enough to possibly get Turner, or we could package #12 and #28 to get to #8 or something.

Point being, if you fairly value our players, the plethora of trade options DA has is fantastic. Moving up in this draft is a real possibility, even pretty high if the Brooklyn picks are involved.

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum

Personally, I think Karl likes Stauskus a lot. He began utilizing him a lot toward the end of the year, and McLemore was involved in the a Rondo talks if I remember correctly. Of course, no one knows who's actually in charge there, so it's just speculation. But Karl needs to build a team that can compete around Boogie this year is they have any chance of keeping him. One of the Sullinger/KO pair would be perfect next to him. And giving up AB, Sully, #16 and #28 is too much for just #6 and one they have two decent SG prospects to send our way in exchange for AB. At that point SAC is just a PG (Lawson?) away from being a real threat in the West.

The Jazz deal idea comes from a Zach Lowe column I read a month ago. He said that DA turned down multiple mid-first round pick offers for AB at the deadline, and he mentioned the Jazz as a possible candidate for a trade on draft day. He even suggests that a pick swap and Hood for AB is something both sides would consider. I think if we gave them AB, #16, and one of either #28/#33 for #12 and Hood they would take it. That moves us up enough to possibly get Turner, or we could package #12 and #28 to get to #8 or something.

Point being, if you fairly value our players, the plethora of trade options DA has is fantastic. Moving up in this draft is a real possibility, even pretty high if the Brooklyn picks are involved.

Yeah I like that Danny has created so many options. I feel like if they want Lawson maybe we could make it a three team trade.

Celticsblog=sports radio

Offline P stoff

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
If we added a Middleton... then AB and picks should be gone for a PF/C.  Bradley is like rondo on this team. He looks good at times, but has some flaws that make him inconsistent.

Frankly, if we could get Middeton and then a longer PF/C, we could stand pat and do really well. I just dont think losing AB would result in any big difference on this team.