Author Topic: I wonder how Dallas fans feel about Rajon Rondo.  (Read 6770 times)

Re: I wonder how Dallas fans feel about Rajon Rondo.
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 08:45:05 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He will be blamed but the real blame should be on the GM for letting the team get too old.

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 08:48:26 AM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2015, 10:24:18 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I cannot tell you all how amusing I find this thread to be.  Probably even Mitch Kupchak has figured out that it's just not worth it to pursue RR this summer.  RR has cost himself dearly in Dallas, especially in terms of his next contract.

Haha, Mitch Kupchak is in no position to be choosy.

And Rajon will find a home, and a good one at that. And he's stated before that money is not the prime motivator for him - winning is.

He just blew a chance to win in Dallas. Not sure how soon another winning team is going to take a chance on him--and they've all got starting caliber points anyway.

So Indy's PG is better than Rondo? And Larry has expressed no interest in Rajon?

George Hill has had a *significantly* better season than Rondo and was recently praised by Bird as being one of the few impressive players in Indiana this year.

For all intents and purposes, even George Hill is largely a better point guard than Rondo at this moment.

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2015, 10:38:14 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
they should have let him call some of the plays, they knew who they were trading for.  seriously, why did they trade for him to put shackles on the guy.  sort of silly, someone will toss some money at him.

I agree.  Trading for Rondo then asking him to give up the ball and sit at the 3pt line?  Carlisle must be an idiot.

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2015, 10:44:01 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
they should have let him call some of the plays, they knew who they were trading for.  seriously, why did they trade for him to put shackles on the guy.  sort of silly, someone will toss some money at him.

I agree.  Trading for Rondo then asking him to give up the ball and sit at the 3pt line?  Carlisle must be an idiot.
foolish carlisle. he expected rondo to play within the team's system and help the team execute the offensive sets and schemes they been playing for the entire season. i can see where carlisle is an idiot to expect that from rondo.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2015, 10:51:41 AM »

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
He will be blamed but the real blame should be on the GM for letting the team get too old.
Yup.

They should have gone down the Ainge route and shoved Dirk out of the door as soon as they could.

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2015, 10:53:06 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I don't think it's age.  Rather, Rondo is a really bad fit for their offense, and they don't have a lot of the gritty role players that you want.  Jameer, Wright, and Crowder would have really helped them.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2015, 11:34:48 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I thought Rondo work help Dallas, but then again, I thought Rondo would come in and lead Boston to 30something wins.  It turned out that the Boston players weren't quite so terrible after all.

Mike

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2015, 11:35:54 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The problem with Rondo is he thinks he's owner, coach, and GM, besides being point guard. He's a difficult
player, never mind person, to get along with for a long season. Doc Rivers, who most consider an amiable person, kind of summed it up, when talking on the subject of Rondo.

My feelings are he will have a difficult time getting a FA deal in general, and it will not be for the amount of money many feel he deserves.

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2015, 11:37:22 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I think the GM has done a really good job lowering the age of the team. They have transitioned away from players like Shawn Marion, Jason Kidd and Jason Terry who were all in their mid-30s and replaced them with players like Monta and Rondo who are in their late-20s and Tyson Chandler who is a bit older at 32 years old. 

This is a good aged core (28-32yo) to have around an older star like Dirk Nowitzki. Plus, Chandler Parsons who is in his mid-20s (26yo). Those players should be able to supply Dirk with the help he needs and give the Mavs a solid base to build around after Dirk retires.

I think their GM deserves a lot of credit for rebuilding the core around Dirk over the last two years and getting their team younger.

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2015, 03:14:20 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I cannot tell you all how amusing I find this thread to be.  Probably even Mitch Kupchak has figured out that it's just not worth it to pursue RR this summer.  RR has cost himself dearly in Dallas, especially in terms of his next contract.

Haha, Mitch Kupchak is in no position to be choosy.

And Rajon will find a home, and a good one at that. And he's stated before that money is not the prime motivator for him - winning is.

He just blew a chance to win in Dallas. Not sure how soon another winning team is going to take a chance on him--and they've all got starting caliber points anyway.

So Indy's PG is better than Rondo? And Larry has expressed no interest in Rajon?

And with Chandler Parsons out for the season - even IF Rajon and Coach Carlysle made it work - could DAL go far without one of their main scoring threats in Chandler being out? And Dirk's J being iffy?

Don't let his desperation 34 pt game fool you.

I'd say no.

And even with Chandler playing, I'm not too sure that DAL would've had a shot. Dwight is giving Tyson a work over. Tyson is showing his age, now.

I believe that when it's all said and done, Rajon Rondo will find a good home. Only his detractors on here seem to wish him ill.

Rondo is toxic, and any GM who is thinking of signing him this summer should take a long look at the hazardous materials manifest accompanying his package.  Clover is correct - RR will struggle to find a landing spot, in part because of the glut of good point guards.  Larry won't even look at RR now - he's not stupid.