Author Topic: I wonder how Dallas fans feel about Rajon Rondo.  (Read 6743 times)

I wonder how Dallas fans feel about Rajon Rondo.
« on: April 24, 2015, 02:11:41 PM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1668

Re: I wonder how Dallas fans feel about Rajon Rondo.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 02:25:02 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
That was awkward… yet funny.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 02:44:15 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I was reading where the Dallas has no intention of resigning him. I hope LA signs him...and for big dollars!

The entertainment factor of watching him implode on every new team is so funny. 

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 02:54:05 PM »

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 42
I work in the Dallas area and one guy I run into all the time is a HUGE Mavs fan.  Him and I discussed this trade a lot when it first happened and it was thought of as a "gift" to them at the time.

I gotta say, him and I were both wrong because even I didn't expect it to end this way.  I can't even trash talk him about it because I agreed that Rondo would be good for them.  The thing with Mavs fans though is this trade doesn't bother them because they know Cuban will spend some money to get either picks or players.  It's not like some trash franchises where this sets them back 5 years.

Still a sad thing to see for guys like Dirk who is perhaps missing his last chance.

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 02:07:59 AM »

Offline jeezem

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
they should have let him call some of the plays, they knew who they were trading for.  seriously, why did they trade for him to put shackles on the guy.  sort of silly, someone will toss some money at him.

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 02:13:12 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Expect them to give the same treatment they gave to Derek Fisher and Lamar Odom for their receptions.

This time when Rondo returns to Dallas...in a purple/yellow uniform.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 02:31:27 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
they should have let him call some of the plays, they knew who they were trading for.  seriously, why did they trade for him to put shackles on the guy.  sort of silly, someone will toss some money at him.

Agree. Considering Celtics, I'm not sorry for the trade we did. But you must admit that Rondo is a ball handler with so many tricks. You just gotta let him play. He knows how to win. Mavs are overcrowded now with ball handlers and that is the worst situation for Rondo. I repeat, I'm not sorry for trading him, but I still believe he's the best as a Celtic. And I don't care, I would welcome him back. One day. Of course, considering not signing with Lakers.

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 03:14:49 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
My guess is that many DAL fans were optimistic about the trade, but hated to see so many core role players leave....and I'm loving Jae Crowder.

Now? Because it's Dirk's Town, Rajon Rondo is looking like the villain. From a fan's standpoint, I can't blame them. But I'd wish that they get all the facts, and not just rely on ESPN. ESPN has gone downhill since Stuart Scott passed, and favors certain players.

The sad thing is that right after Tim Mcmahon tossed Rondo under the bus he posted a lengthy article about both Rajon Rondo AND Jason Kidd's relationship to Coach Carlyle - it made an attempt to present all THREE sides of the story.

Too late.

I've lost a lot of respect for DAL since the trade. Rondo could've/should've handled some things differently, but so could've Carlyle.

The sad thing is that we'll never know the whole truth about him and DAL....as fans, we NEVER know the whole truth, because we are not there.

Hats off to HOU, though.

Rajon's Rondo's grit was the only thing that gave DAL a chance....was supposed to put them over the top - but it's over for them now. The Bearded One has gotten started, and both he and a resurgent Dwight will look to finish DAL off in Game 4.

Good riddance to DAL.

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 04:56:33 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I believe Rondo said it the other night;  "why did you bring me here".

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 05:37:35 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I cannot tell you all how amusing I find this thread to be.  Probably even Mitch Kupchak has figured out that it's just not worth it to pursue RR this summer.  RR has cost himself dearly in Dallas, especially in terms of his next contract. 

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 06:58:02 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
I cannot tell you all how amusing I find this thread to be.  Probably even Mitch Kupchak has figured out that it's just not worth it to pursue RR this summer.  RR has cost himself dearly in Dallas, especially in terms of his next contract.

Haha, Mitch Kupchak is in no position to be choosy.

And Rajon will find a home, and a good one at that. And he's stated before that money is not the prime motivator for him - winning is.

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 07:03:13 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

And Rajon will find a home, and a good one at that. And he's stated before that money is not the prime motivator for him - winning is.

He just blew a chance to win in Dallas. Not sure how soon another winning team is going to take a chance on him--and they've all got starting caliber points anyway.

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 07:09:35 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

He just blew a chance to win in Dallas. Not sure how soon another winning team is going to take a chance on him--and they've all got starting caliber points anyway.

So Indy's PG is better than Rondo? And Larry has expressed no interest in Rajon?

And with Chandler Parsons out for the season - even IF Rajon and Coach Carlysle made it work - could DAL go far without one of their main scoring threats in Chandler being out? And Dirk's J being iffy?

Don't let his desperation 34 pt game fool you.

I'd say no.

And even with Chandler playing, I'm not too sure that DAL would've had a shot. Dwight is giving Tyson a work over. Tyson is showing his age, now.

I believe that when it's all said and done, Rajon Rondo will find a good home. Only his detractors on here seem to wish him ill.

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2015, 08:17:52 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
dwight powell - i was a fan while he was celt -is getting no time and making little impact-

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2015, 08:31:12 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I am not picking on this specific post but many have expressed a similar sentiment.  I think to say they should have let him call plays is really oversimplifying the issue.  Rondo was not willing (and to a large extent not able) to adjust and fit into a team that was winning and playing well.  Rondo did not want to just call the plays, it seemed as though he wanted to dictate the whole style of play (their system).

The disconnect is glaring to me when you hear Rondo say "why did you bring me here?".  I think it is very clear why they brought him there.  They were looking for improved PG play, a position they felt they needed an upgrade at.  They brought Rondo there to provide that improved play.

Rondo's actions seem to indicate that he felt they brought him there to be the guy.  Have the team turn over the keys to him and let him do whatever he wanted.  That is a big disconnect and pretty egotistical of Rondo to come in with that attitude.

As far as Dallas fans go?  I don't get the feeling they are like Celtics fans.  It seems like the reaction is huh, bummer, that isn't how we thought that would go.  Oh well.  When does football season start?