Author Topic: 2 moves away from being a top 3 team in the east  (Read 4094 times)

Re: 2 moves away from being a top 3 team in the east
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 11:27:23 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
An All-NBA caliber big man and an All-Star caliber scoring wing with size to defend guys like Lebron would get the Celtics to the next level.

Beats me how to get there.  Maybe make the right trade and FA choices and have the wonder boy coach em up?  Harrison Barnes and Greg Monroe?

Long shot.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 11:34:49 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
If the two moves are brainwashing both Marc Gasol and Lamarcus Aldridge to sign here for less than the max, sure.

Lol, TP. ;D

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 11:58:38 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Add Robin Lopez and Jimmy Butler to this team (guys who fit this group perfectly), and I think we can push this Cavs team to 7 games easily. Could even win the series. And if we could beat the Cavs with a group like that, we could make the ECF with a group like that. And still have many an asset to build on with.

I mean, DMC and Kawhi could get us to the next level too, but let's be realistic  8)

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 12:37:07 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
None of these guys are coming to Celtics.
Correct. 

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2015, 09:15:22 AM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
I also think nerlens could be had from Philly.. they still seems to be in tank mode and would be willing to deal him (using same logic that they dealt rookie of the year Williams unexpectedly.

philly dealt MCW because he is a bad player and they could get something good for him.

Bad player? That's a VERY premature statement. they just wanted to tank again to get towns or okafer and that would make embiid or nerlens available.. which is still very much a possibility

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2015, 10:15:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Those kind of players do not grow on trees.   Everyone wants them too.  We have the team, we just need the stars.

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2015, 10:36:24 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Before the season started I felt they needed a paint defender/rebounder and crunch time small forward i.e. Paul Pierce-type.  No change here.

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2015, 10:51:52 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
It says much about the state of the East that I think the way we've been playing defense against the Cavs, we really could've won against just about any other opponent in the playoffs (in the East).

It's with their best players going Supernova on us, and we've still been in all 3 games.

And honestly, the way the Cavs have been playing defense on us with their wings and Mozgov at Center, besides Chicago, there really aren't other teams I really envision giving us that type of troubles.

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2015, 11:36:08 AM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
It says much about the state of the East that I think the way we've been playing defense against the Cavs, we really could've won against just about any other opponent in the playoffs (in the East).

It's with their best players going Supernova on us, and we've still been in all 3 games.

And honestly, the way the Cavs have been playing defense on us with their wings and Mozgov at Center, besides Chicago, there really aren't other teams I really envision giving us that type of troubles.

Yes im very impressed with our team d... I think we would be tied 2-2 with hawks right now.. Danny has to use the TPE and/or cap space this summer to bring in legit defensive minded BIG. I think smart can handle the PG position better in year 2 so no need to draft or sign there unless its a depth move.. SF has to be the next position of need after center IMO

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2015, 11:42:48 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I hate to say this, but many of us better come to the realization that some of these free agents will stay with the teams their on.