Author Topic: The Nuggets offseason and how it could effect the celtics (speculation)  (Read 5166 times)

Re: The Nuggets offseason and how it could effect the celtics (speculation)
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 07:56:58 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
Collison is solid. I wouldn't say Kings  "desperately" need a point

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 08:06:20 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I am interested in Ty Lawson though. I think Boston could make an interesting trade offer based around their two first round picks and cap filler. Or maybe Isaiah Thomas + the early first round pick. Then move Smart to SG alongside Ty Lawson at PG.

Lawson is 5'11" and hasn't done anything in the league.  He's also, I believe, 27 and isn't really elite in any aspect of the game.

Mike

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2015, 08:41:39 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
With all our trade assets, players, and draft picks I seriously don't think we need to look at small improvements in trades.  We can get those with our draft picks easy enough.
Ainge needs to swing for the fences.  We have a good coach and a team of assets/players.  I don't feel anyone on our team is a "keeper" a guy to remotely build around.  Hence mr ainge think big!

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2015, 09:03:18 PM »

Offline AidaCelt

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
Agree with some of the previous posters... want nothing to do with Gallinari and Chandler. Some have said Chandler is an upgrade at SF, but it is only marginal and takes away a handful of minutes we would give Yound next season (part time SF, more minutes at SG). Lawson is the 1 player I'd be looking into and I'm a little lukewarm on Faried. Limited skillset, but provides energy and gives 100% every game. I thought we already had that type of player in Crowder.
Expectations, Execution, No Excuses

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2015, 09:15:07 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I was kind-of hoping we could use Denver as a way to deal for Cousins. While this is unrealistic, it would help Karl get his PG in Lawson and also get them other young players, draft picks. What we have to offer isn't all that wonderful in terms of players, but Lawson would definitely get our foot in the door.

As far as Gallinari goes, I could be sold - he is tall for a SF, productive, and has had a couple really impressive seasons. His injuries are a concern, but he is a proven talent when healthy. With our TPE, I don't think we would need to give up much.

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2015, 10:08:12 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think Gallo and Faried are both good players, and I'd be excited to see what CBS could do with them.  Faried especially; I expect him to flourish somewhere at some point, though probably not Denver.

That said, I can understand the viewpoint that they're just not really good enough -- or a good enough fit with our team's needs -- to be worth targeting in a trade.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2015, 12:04:29 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Agree with some of the previous posters... want nothing to do with Gallinari and Chandler. Some have said Chandler is an upgrade at SF, but it is only marginal and takes away a handful of minutes we would give Yound next season (part time SF, more minutes at SG). Lawson is the 1 player I'd be looking into and I'm a little lukewarm on Faried. Limited skillset, but provides energy and gives 100% every game. I thought we already had that type of player in Crowder.

I think Chandler would be an upgrade over Turner as he's a more effective shooter. Also, how many minutes James Young gets should be the least of our concern.

Also, Crowder and Faried are two totally different players. Crowder is a back-up SF and Faried is a starting PF.

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2015, 12:06:05 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I am interested in Ty Lawson though. I think Boston could make an interesting trade offer based around their two first round picks and cap filler. Or maybe Isaiah Thomas + the early first round pick. Then move Smart to SG alongside Ty Lawson at PG.

Lawson is 5'11" and hasn't done anything in the league.  He's also, I believe, 27 and isn't really elite in any aspect of the game.

Mike

Disagree. Lawson is a far better player than you give him credit for.

I think acquiring Lawson, Chandler or Gallo and Faried would improve this team exponentially.

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2015, 07:52:34 AM »

Offline AidaCelt

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
Limited skillset, but provides energy and gives 100% every game. I thought we already had that type of player in Crowder.

Also, Crowder and Faried are two totally different players. Crowder is a back-up SF and Faried is a starting PF.

When I said similar type of player, it wasn't because I thought they played the same position, but they have limited skillsets. They're energy players and glue guys. Bringing in Faried, Lawson, Chandler etc. is to fill the roster for a deep playoff run by using them as backups (none are "elite" starters). I don't think they're the type of player we need to move to the next level.

I agree with you that Chandler is an upgrade on Turner... but not by a large gap and Chandler is not a starter on a championship or contending team.
Expectations, Execution, No Excuses

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2015, 04:06:55 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
I would be welcome to bringing in Faried and Gallinari. Based on our position in the draft and the fact that we have no legitimate pieces to the puzzle I think they would both be good pieces. Gallinari would be the veteran presence and scoring punch that we need. Faried is a legitimate starting young player at PF that will help us build for the future. It's quality starters like Faired and Gallinari that we are missing. Draft Rashad Vaughn at 28.
PG: Marcus Smart
SG: Rashad Vaughn
SF: Danilo Gallinari
PF: Kenneth Faried
C: Tyler Zeller

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_28037630/dempsey-ty-lawsons-time-denver-may-be-nearing-end

This speculates that the first step in a Denver blow up maybe happening with a Lawson trade to Sac or Dallas.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
I agree that DEN is probably going to hit the reset button soon, but I feel that when a team just quits on their coach like DEN did this last season, a lot of research has to be done about what players were the cancers in the locker room, etc. if you plan on bringing them to you're club, and especially if you want multiple players from a cancerous team. 

How about JJ Hickson? I like him and Faried.
Truuuuuuuuuth!

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Mike

Disagree. Lawson is a far better player than you give him credit for.

I think acquiring Lawson, Chandler or Gallo and Faried would improve this team exponentially.

What makes Lawson so powerful is his ability to drive and kick to shooters and he can run the pick and roll extremely well.
He also runs the floor with the ball on a string in the open court and pushes the pace, whilst looking for three point shooters.
He's also a great on ball defender.
Only worry with him are his injury concerns and his age being 27.
But if Stevens wants to continue to focus on three point shooting he'd be like a team friendly version of Rondo that can shoot better and won't let the ball 'stick' as much.
He's also one of Kevin Durant's best buddies from high school.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.