Author Topic: Start Crowder over Smart  (Read 2928 times)

Re: Start Crowder over Smart
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 09:38:11 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Starting Clam Chowder is not Smart

Sippin

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 09:41:07 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Crowder is a free agent and Smart is going to be a Celtic for a long time.  We're not winning this series, so give Smart a bunch of chances to execute and get his reps in. 

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 09:50:52 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Crowder is a free agent and Smart is going to be a Celtic for a long time.  We're not winning this series, so give Smart a bunch of chances to execute and get his reps in.

Yeah, that was what was extremely disappointing about this game. Smart, KO, and Sully should have gotten a lot more minutes. Jerebko is decent, but not sure why he was in there for over half the game. Also, Datome for almost 10 minutes? All of those need to go to Smart - no question.

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 09:58:51 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I was really annoyed with how CBS distributed the minutes tonight. Hopefully Smart sees a ton of work in Game 4. And I know he's not ready, but you might as well throw Young out there to give him some experience. We're not winning this series, so getting Young some experience instead of Gigi might be wise.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 07:37:16 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
It wasn't really about Smart, it was more about starting Crowder to 'bother' Lebron. Smart isn't playing well either, and taking some bad shots. Then you throw Jerebko into create some of that space.

I basically crushed it. No big deal. See you guys next year!!

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 08:01:15 AM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
Smart took some bad shots, but he's playing a lot better than Bradley right now.

And not sure what KO did to deserve being benched. Really could have used his offense last night. Going to have nightmares of Brandon Bass going fullcourt for the 1-on-4 fastbreak ...

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 08:25:07 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
Yeah AB looks awful when he isn't hitting every shot he takes.

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2015, 09:12:41 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I think AB needs a sit down if he does not improve.  He was great on Irving, but why can't this kid play offense and defense the same game well.   He either does one of the other.

Truthfully, we lack size and athletic ability to match off them.   We almost need them to go cold for a win.   If we play up on them they can drive, and if we play off them and dare them to shoot, LeBron's shot has improved and Kyrie will make you pay.  Hopefully, they go cold, and we get one.

We need to attack love on offense every chance we can he is a poor defender.  Last game even though we plugged some holes, Mozgov killed us.

I was one of the guys who wanted Atlanta because I thought we matched up better.
I agree. This has been a disappointing series for Avery Bradley. I was hoping we would see Smart towards the end but Stevens stuck with Bradley. He could have even put IT4 back in. I think we were in the bonus with about 4 and a half minutes to go. IT4 could have got to the line with some of his drives.

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2015, 01:30:44 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think AB at least scored some last game but we need that from him every night.

Yeah AB looks awful when he isn't hitting every shot he takes.

To bad the evidence, is contary to your opinion.   Most of here would settle for  40/50% of the shots, but he is only hitting slightly more than a third.   Shooting guards are supposed to be able to shoot.   I realize he is focusing a lot on D, but he has been not so hot this series.    Here are his stats and a reference point for you.

He is shooting .35% from the field this series and .29% from trey land and averaging 11 points.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4240/avery-bradley

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2015, 02:22:18 AM »

Offline jeezem

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
Ray Allen had some bad series if you recall as well.  I think I heard on a show, Cleveland see's Bradley as our most important offensive player to stop, so there defense is geared around taking away Bradley's shot.  Take that for what it is worth as far as how good he is and what other teams think of his abilities and influence on the court.