Author Topic: Cavaliers (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) Round 1 Game #3 4/23/15  (Read 90650 times)

Re: Cavaliers (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) Round 1 Game #3 4/23/15
« Reply #720 on: April 24, 2015, 07:29:21 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It was hard fought, I am proud of how hard we fought given we have no all stars and they have three.  Not to mention Thompson who is decent or at least looks decent vs. our bigs.

« Reply #721 on: April 24, 2015, 07:35:28 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
It was hard fought, I am proud of how hard we fought given we have no all stars and they have three.  Not to mention Thompson who is decent or at least looks decent vs. our bigs.
I think it's the 2nd one. Our bigs making Thompson look much better than he actually is.

« Reply #722 on: April 24, 2015, 07:47:34 AM »

Offline fubar089

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
Stevens had a clunker last night imo. His rotations were mind boggling to say the least.

Datome? really?

« Reply #723 on: April 24, 2015, 08:02:48 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Fascinating seeing the talent gap between these two teams. We are going full throttle and executing as well as we are capable... Meanwhile they are jogging through the entire thing and in complete control.  They can take over the game on a whim.  It doesn't even look like lebron broke a sweat in this game.
in what universe was this team executing well?  TO's galore not to mention a lot of critical rebounds coughed up. 

C's were so exposed in their need for a real starting-quality PG and Center (that can rebound).

IT was useless.  Bass was useless.  AB barely above useless.  Zeller was awful on the boards. 

Sully looked better than he has since returning.  Crowder was great to watch out there giving it his all.

Other than those 2, I wouldn't say anyone else came close to playing their best.  play hard? sure.  Play well, not so much.
this is a team with limitations. but within those limitations they did execute unevenly, but most of all they missed too many open shots. and they took too many shots too early in the shot clock.

this is a young team and execution is expected to be uneven. the shooting, well, that is more a lack of talent right now.

all in all, the effort was great and i will take that. this team have never given up and like that about them.
completely agree that they gave a great effort and I enjoyed watching it (had me yelling at my TV constantly which for me shows my mental/emotional connection to the game).  just disagree that this team was executing as well as it could.

to the C's credit, Cavs clearly came out this game from the beginning and tried to put the C's away but they hung in there all game.  if they had played smarter, they may have actually won this one. 

« Reply #724 on: April 24, 2015, 08:06:22 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I think it's the 2nd one. Our bigs making Thompson look much better than he actually is.
agreed.  he's a decent big man off the bench that's looking much better than he actually is against a very weak rebounding frontcourt.  Zeller and Bass were awful in that regard last night.  was yelling at Zeller after he had position for a rebound and got out hustled for the ball by Thompson going around him because Zeller never boxes out-->Tommy was making a comment to that effect at the same time. 

Sully was the only one doing a decent job on the boards. 

« Reply #725 on: April 24, 2015, 10:03:14 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Close versus not close is probably the wrong argument. We are down 3-0 and have blown our 'big chance' at exactly the wrong time these last two games leaving us with no real chance in the last minute.

Competitive is probably a better way to describe this series. The Cavs have had to play their starters the maximum amount of time and exert a lot more energy than most would have predicted. Even though we may get swept, nobody is saying that the Celtics just totally suck...even Kenny Smith had Cs highlights lined up for his half-time break down, though he probably didn't know the Cavs would close out so strong and end with an eight point lead.

The wording doesn't matter, because some people believe Cleveland is just toying with us, even when playing their starters huge minutes and needing one or more of their big 3 to have huge nights against us.

The accurate way to describe this series is to say Cleveland has been in control of it the whole way but they've had to play pretty well to do so.  If they didn't, Boston has been right there to steal a few victories.

Mike

« Reply #726 on: April 25, 2015, 02:28:01 AM »

Offline jeezem

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
Yea, nobody expected Boston to win this series.  I'd still like to see them win a home game.  I just see Cleveland as more flawed than I would have expected them to be as a team.  I think Cleveland is going to have major issues as early as the next round.