Author Topic: CBS considering changes in lineup  (Read 9584 times)

Re: CBS considering changes in lineup
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2015, 12:50:34 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
These Bigs learn how to Box Out and the series might be tied!

Im all for GWallace step up to plate. Ive seen enough of No box out Zellar stand still underneath the hoop..

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2015, 01:18:11 PM »

Offline C-Green

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
I wouldn't mind seeing Wallace get  turn on Lebron just to mix things up a bit too. Maybe 10 min total. He is still a solid defender and a decent rebounder. Just a thought.....

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2015, 01:21:48 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I've been saying since the trade I thought Thomas and Smart should be the starting lineup.  Nothing has changed.  Thomas and Smart should be the starting backcourt.  AB off the bench for whichever one needs the breather. 

You destroy the ball handlers off the bench, that's not the move to make. If you're going to insert Thomas, you start Bradley with him so at least you have a ball handler off the bench. You can do your suggestion if you also change Turner with Crowder in the starting line-up, which would make sense with Thomas in there.
You always have at least one ball handler in the game if you start THomas and Smart and have Bradley as the guy off the bench.  Bradley comes in for Smart, Smart comes in for Thomas, Thomas comes in for Bradley.  Start over.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2015, 02:16:28 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I've been saying since the trade I thought Thomas and Smart should be the starting lineup.  Nothing has changed.  Thomas and Smart should be the starting backcourt.  AB off the bench for whichever one needs the breather. 

You destroy the ball handlers off the bench, that's not the move to make. If you're going to insert Thomas, you start Bradley with him so at least you have a ball handler off the bench. You can do your suggestion if you also change Turner with Crowder in the starting line-up, which would make sense with Thomas in there.

Agreed.  I don't think that's a bad move if you also replace Turner with Crowder in the starting lineup.  This helps your starting defense and gives a ball handler (Turner) off the bench.

I do love how with Stevens' ten man starless rotation, we could go on infinitely with our proposed lineup changes. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2015, 02:43:50 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

You always have at least one ball handler in the game if you start THomas and Smart and have Bradley as the guy off the bench.  Bradley comes in for Smart, Smart comes in for Thomas, Thomas comes in for Bradley.  Start over.

You're also tasking our ball handlers to play through longer stretches, which may or may not be a good idea. But in general, it does limit your flexibility.

For what Smart is going to bring to the table with Thomas and Turner on the floor, you're better off with using Bradley in there.

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2015, 03:12:51 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I'd like to see Jerebko in place of Bass with the starters.  More range, smarter defender, better rebounder.  You lose Bass' one on one play and two handed slams, but we're not featuring Bass anyways and Jerebko does a better job making things easier for his teammates.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2015, 04:59:05 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
It appears that only the Celtics don't know that IT is a starter in this league, and especially on this team. If he starts it will confirm my opinion that he lost the 6th man of the year award because some of the voters do not recognize him as a sixth man on the Cs, but as the Cs best player, period dot.

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2015, 05:05:17 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

You're also tasking our ball handlers to play through longer stretches, which may or may not be a good idea. But in general, it does limit your flexibility.

For what Smart is going to bring to the table with Thomas and Turner on the floor, you're better off with using Bradley in there.
Not really.  Just look at last game

Bradley and Smart start the game.  At 6:22 of 1st, Thomas comes in for Bradley so Thomas and Smart are together.  No substitutions the rest of the quarter.

Thomas and Bradley start the 2nd quarter.  At 9:00 minutes Turner comes in for Thomas.  At 3:33 Thomas comes in for Zeller.  At 3:01 Smart enters for Bradley.  At :21 Bradley comes in for Bass and all three finish out the half.

Bradley and Smart start the 2nd half.  At 6:33 of the 3rd quarter Thomas comes in for Bradley.  At 4:48 Turner comes in for Smart.  Quarter ends.

Thomas and Turner start the 4th.  At 8:10 Bradley comes in for Thomas.  At 6:43 Thomas comes in for Turner.  At 3:58 Smart enters for Olynyk.  At :39 Olynyk comes in for Smart. 

Thus if you look at it, they are all on the floor for long stretches of time anyway, all 3 even play together a fair amount and Turner also gets in on the SG mix a bit. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2015, 07:45:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
So after one quarter the lineup changes appear to be to give Sullinger the minutes Olynyk usually gets to counter Tristian Thompsons offensive rebounding and giving Gigi some minutes Crowder would usually get.

Who would have guessed that

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2015, 07:52:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
So after one quarter the lineup changes appear to be to give Sullinger the minutes Olynyk usually gets to counter Tristian Thompsons offensive rebounding and giving Gigi some minutes Crowder would usually get.

The first part isn't so surprising.

Gigi ... I'm not entirely joking when I suggest that maybe it had something to do with getting the crowd amped up?  We all know how Bostonians respond to a goofy white guy hitting a jumpshot.

Really can't explain it otherwise.  I guess Stevens is really desperate for some outside shooting out there, and Gigi is the team's best shooter (according to Stevens).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2015, 08:34:25 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

The first part isn't so surprising.

Gigi ... I'm not entirely joking when I suggest that maybe it had something to do with getting the crowd amped up?  We all know how Bostonians respond to a goofy white guy hitting a jumpshot.

Really can't explain it otherwise.  I guess Stevens is really desperate for some outside shooting out there, and Gigi is the team's best shooter (according to Stevens).

He was in there for the Hack-a-Tristan. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2015, 08:44:45 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

Crowder played a lot of minutes. I think Gigi took Smart's minutes. Either way I would say the move hurt us.

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2015, 10:21:58 PM »

Offline Nylle27

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
In the last two games, I really thought that CBS would make a serious change in the starting lineup.. but Bass still started even though he is undersized for a PF.. then again, our playoffs run has ended and there's nothing we could do about it.. they have to learn from experience, though some won't be here by next season.. fireworks anyone?  ;D