Author Topic: CBS considering changes in lineup  (Read 9586 times)

Re: CBS considering changes in lineup
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2015, 05:14:46 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
It's not going to make a difference.   In the first two games, Boston has played as well as they can.  They don't have the talent.   Cavs have a steady stream of consistent scoring that we simply can't match.  If Cleveland has an uncharacteristically terrible game and Boston has an uncharacteristically amazing game (some flukey one where Olynyk and Thomas hit a bunch of circus shots and combine for 60 or something), we could steal one... but just one.

We were within two with like 3:30 to go in the last game. And it was like a two possession game with under 2:00. And that's with us shooting 38% from the field. James, Irving and Love are giving everything they got to knock this Celtic team out. It certainly hasn't been a cakewalk for them. Hell, slightly better officiating (which we may get some of at home) coulda tied that game up.

Obviously they're much more talented, but if these past two games have shown us anything, it's that beating Boston isn't gonna be as easy as some people thought it would. We've fought these guys tooth and nail making them sweat on their own court. Just getting this series into the Garden could be enough to get us one. And while I'm not expecting it, we could very well get both games at home and I wouldn't be shocked. I normally enjoy your dose of pessimism with so many delusions of grandeur around here, but I think your under-selling how well this team has kept up with these guys, and we're not very far off from stealing a game or two.

Considering the talent mis-match, I think Stevens has done very well. Exactly what I wanted to see, if we can get one or two I'll be ecstatic. Smart has looked good, especially taking it to the hoop. KO and Sully have both had pretty good showings. IT has been fantastic and Crowder is proving that he can legitimately defend Lebron. I can deff see a free agent or two watching these games, knowing what they all know about Stevens and how these guys have played for him, and thinking "Wow, I wanna be a part of that, I can take that team to the next level." That's what I want out of this series more than even just one W.

I think both games could have been a lot more lopsided if LeBron wanted them to.  This series is a tune-up for them.  They have been in control at all times. I don't think they have given us their best effort.

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2015, 06:28:25 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
It's not going to make a difference.   In the first two games, Boston has played as well as they can.  They don't have the talent.   Cavs have a steady stream of consistent scoring that we simply can't match.  If Cleveland has an uncharacteristically terrible game and Boston has an uncharacteristically amazing game (some flukey one where Olynyk and Thomas hit a bunch of circus shots and combine for 60 or something), we could steal one... but just one.

We were within two with like 3:30 to go in the last game. And it was like a two possession game with under 2:00. And that's with us shooting 38% from the field. James, Irving and Love are giving everything they got to knock this Celtic team out. It certainly hasn't been a cakewalk for them. Hell, slightly better officiating (which we may get some of at home) coulda tied that game up.

Obviously they're much more talented, but if these past two games have shown us anything, it's that beating Boston isn't gonna be as easy as some people thought it would. We've fought these guys tooth and nail making them sweat on their own court. Just getting this series into the Garden could be enough to get us one. And while I'm not expecting it, we could very well get both games at home and I wouldn't be shocked. I normally enjoy your dose of pessimism with so many delusions of grandeur around here, but I think your under-selling how well this team has kept up with these guys, and we're not very far off from stealing a game or two.

Considering the talent mis-match, I think Stevens has done very well. Exactly what I wanted to see, if we can get one or two I'll be ecstatic. Smart has looked good, especially taking it to the hoop. KO and Sully have both had pretty good showings. IT has been fantastic and Crowder is proving that he can legitimately defend Lebron. I can deff see a free agent or two watching these games, knowing what they all know about Stevens and how these guys have played for him, and thinking "Wow, I wanna be a part of that, I can take that team to the next level." That's what I want out of this series more than even just one W.

I think both games could have been a lot more lopsided if LeBron wanted them to.  This series is a tune-up for them.  They have been in control at all times. I don't think they have given us their best effort.

I think you are giving Lefreak way too much credit...Im sure they are giving it their all, it is the playoffs after all, to me it does not look like Lebron nor Kyrie are holding up, in fact Lebron is extending compliments to our C's being well coached...If what your saying is true and Lebron is a freak of nature, then  our 2008 -2010 teams would have folded to the almighty Lebron. Give credit also to our band of misfits, if indeed we beat this team, even for a game, it means we beat them and not because Lebron wanted us to win a game because he held himself back.

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2015, 08:03:49 AM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29

Zeller
KO
Crowder
Smart
IT

I think that right there is the best five against the Cavs, with Sullinger in the frontcourt and Bradley for Smart almost interchangeable.

Please, less Bass.

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2015, 08:31:01 AM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137

I think you are giving Lefreak way too much credit...Im sure they are giving it their all, it is the playoffs after all, to me it does not look like Lebron nor Kyrie are holding up, in fact Lebron is extending compliments to our C's being well coached...If what your saying is true and Lebron is a freak of nature, then  our 2008 -2010 teams would have folded to the almighty Lebron. Give credit also to our band of misfits, if indeed we beat this team, even for a game, it means we beat them and not because Lebron wanted us to win a game because he held himself back.

Im very eager what plan they have for  Bulls front court. I honestly think Cavs might get bumped 2nd round.. Id love to bet soem TP's on that as well

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2015, 08:50:23 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
I don't know what changes can be done to neutralize the height disparity.  The trio of Love/Mozgov/Thompson has been absolutely devastating on the glass. 

It's just asking too much of Zeller/Sully/Bass/KO to battle the Cavs bigs down low while still providing help defense on two of the best dribble-penetrators in the game in James/Irving.  Those guys are battling their butts off, but it's a tall task.

As LarBrd33 said, Lebron knows all of this.  He's using this time to try and get Irving/Love going while picking his spots when the Celtics claw their way back into games.  I've been very impressed with CBS & the players' relentlessness tho - they refuse to let the game slip away completely.

it would be nice to take this one tonight, at least give that frontrunning team something to chew on.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2015, 08:57:52 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I would like to see Crowder replace one of Smart or Bradley in the starting lineup, moving Turner to the two. 

I'd like to see Kelly get the start over Brandon. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2015, 09:19:33 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I would like to see Crowder replace one of Smart or Bradley in the starting lineup, moving Turner to the two.
This. Turner on Smith sounds considerably less painful than Turner on LeBron.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2015, 09:22:49 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Give minutes to the keepers.

End the Bass experiment. Start our biggerish front line with Zeller, KO, and Crowder, and play IT and Turner together as much as possible.

That sounds pretty good.

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2015, 09:25:20 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think they will replace Bass with Sully. The C's had a hard time rebounding the ball against the the Cavs bigs, so inserting our best rebounder would make sense.

I would need to see some lineup data to confirm this but I think our best 5 production wise in this series has been KO, Sully, Crowder, Smart, Thomas. Which is pretty interesting considering that would be 4 new starters.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2015, 10:06:54 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we have to try to something but whomever guards LeBron will be in foul trouble as that is the history of the league.  Be it Crowder or Turner, I bet LeBron gets some ticky tack fouls called on his behalf that will hamper their defense.

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2015, 10:44:57 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

I find it funny how you act like you know what is going on. You got LeBron on speed dial?

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2015, 10:55:59 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I've been saying since the trade I thought Thomas and Smart should be the starting lineup.  Nothing has changed.  Thomas and Smart should be the starting backcourt.  AB off the bench for whichever one needs the breather. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2015, 10:59:30 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I've been saying since the trade I thought Thomas and Smart should be the starting lineup.  Nothing has changed.  Thomas and Smart should be the starting backcourt.  AB off the bench for whichever one needs the breather. 

You destroy the ball handlers off the bench, that's not the move to make. If you're going to insert Thomas, you start Bradley with him so at least you have a ball handler off the bench. You can do your suggestion if you also change Turner with Crowder in the starting line-up, which would make sense with Thomas in there.

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2015, 11:48:44 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I find it funny how you act like you know what is going on. You got LeBron on speed dial?
You find it funny that people watch the games and have an opinion? You're a funny guy.  ;D
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2015, 11:55:30 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I'm expecting this to be a sweep.  This is a playoff preseason for the Cavs.  We are the young sparring partner keeping them loose before the real playoffs start for them.  I've been watching the games and it seems like when they need to go on a run, they go on a run.  To me it seems they have been in control during both games.  We got it close, but I don't think there was ever a doubt who was winning.

I think we've already given it our best swing.  I don't think changing the lineup will make any difference.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:25:21 PM by LarBrd33 »