Author Topic: CBS considering changes in lineup  (Read 9582 times)

CBS considering changes in lineup
« on: April 22, 2015, 07:48:57 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Stevens said he’s thought about switching up the Celtics’ lineup, presumably either to insert Crowder to guard James or to promote point guard Isaiah Thomas, who’s scored a team-high 42 points thus far in the series.

Also note that the reason JJ played restricted mins last game is that he is dealing with "a minor calf issue" and he might get more mins in game 3.

http://nesn.com/2015/04/celtics-notes-cs-amped-for-return-home-stevens-mulling-lineup-shakeup/

Re: CBS considering changes in lineup
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 07:53:47 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I would go with

pg: Thomas    / Bradley
SG: Smart      / Turner
SF: Crowder   / Jerebko
PF: Bass        / KO
 C: Zeller       / Sully

adds defense and offense to our starting lineup with Crowder on Lebron , and Thomas running the offense ( he has actually done a decent job defensively on Kyrie too)

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 07:55:38 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
On the same topic:
O'Konnor suggests that Bass is removed from starting lineup.

Bass is the unsung hero of the Celtics after another productive season, but against the Cavaliers he has been a zero on offense and the boards, and the team defense has not been as productive with him on the floor. Benching Bass would be the total opposite of a panic move -- it'd be a savvy, calculated decision.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2015/4/22/8471223/brad-stevens-make-a-change-to-starting-frontcourt-boston-celtics-cleveland-cavaliers-playoffs-nba

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 07:58:03 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
On the same topic:
O'Konnor suggests that Bass is removed from starting lineup.

Bass is the unsung hero of the Celtics after another productive season, but against the Cavaliers he has been a zero on offense and the boards, and the team defense has not been as productive with him on the floor. Benching Bass would be the total opposite of a panic move -- it'd be a savvy, calculated decision.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2015/4/22/8471223/brad-stevens-make-a-change-to-starting-frontcourt-boston-celtics-cleveland-cavaliers-playoffs-nba

you need big athletic bodies in there to handle lebron on picks . Much rather have bass switching onto lebron than KO or Sully. Especially if Love is setting the picks you need guys that can get out to the 3pt line to guard Love or have the ability to switch onto Lebron without totally killing our defense

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 08:27:05 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We need some "LeBron Rules" like Chuck Daly used on Jordan, oh wait, Irving will still kill us nevermind.

We have to try something, I hope it works but I doubt it will make up for the lack disparity.

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 08:47:46 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
We need some "LeBron Rules" like Chuck Daly used on Jordan, oh wait, Irving will still kill us nevermind.

We have to try something, I hope it works but I doubt it will make up for the lack disparity.

Yeah, we could do that, or, you know, we could actually attack those guys.  There were a number of instances last night when Irving was guarding Turner, yet we never exploited that mismatch in the post.  You can't just wear yourself out by playing defense against these guys, only to let them rest on the offensive end, because that's a recipe for disaster, imo.  Lebron doesn't have many weaknesses, but he does have a rather glaring one that no one in the NBA seems to have recognized, let alone implemented, which is astonishing to me, lol. ;D

I've honestly been pleasantly surprised at how we performed in the first two games, even though we're clearly over matched, talent wise, and with a few simple adjustments, we could easily make this series very interesting.  I'm not saying that we can win it, but we could make it go down to the wire, imo.   

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 08:49:54 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Brad should stick to a 9 man rotation, at most.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 09:14:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Don't tell me they are putting The Big Bang Theory on Mondays again, because that didn't work out too well before.

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 09:20:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Don't tell me they are putting The Big Bang Theory on Mondays again, because that didn't work out too well before.

I find that attempting to watch CBS programming doesn't work out too well any day of the week.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 09:53:39 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Starting

Zeller
KO
Crowder
Smart
IT

Bench

Sullinger
Bass
Jerebko
Turner
AB

Could workout well in the end.   You get KO to bring out one of Love or Mozgov.  Crowder on Lebron. 

The bench frontline would do better against Thompson

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 09:58:02 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I find that attempting to watch CBS programming doesn't work out too well any day of the week.

No? I like NCIS and Person of Interest a lot.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 10:08:55 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CdVTCDdEwI

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 10:26:16 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Yeah, we could do that, or, you know, we could actually attack those guys.  There were a number of instances last night when Irving was guarding Turner, yet we never exploited that mismatch in the post.  You can't just wear yourself out by playing defense against these guys, only to let them rest on the offensive end, because that's a recipe for disaster, imo.  Lebron doesn't have many weaknesses, but he does have a rather glaring one that no one in the NBA seems to have recognized, let alone implemented, which is astonishing to me, lol. ;D

I've honestly been pleasantly surprised at how we performed in the first two games, even though we're clearly over matched, talent wise, and with a few simple adjustments, we could easily make this series very interesting.  I'm not saying that we can win it, but we could make it go down to the wire, imo.

Definitely, the real test will be how the Cavs perform on the road in the playoffs. I definitely think we can take a game or two from them at home, especially with what will have to be some friendlier whistles. Hell, maybe the stabbings and incidents from the TD Garden will make the refs call a fair game in fear of being stabbed!  ;) JK JK

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 10:32:00 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Starting

Zeller
KO
Crowder
Smart
IT

Bench

Sullinger
Bass
Jerebko
Turner
AB

Could workout well in the end.   You get KO to bring out one of Love or Mozgov.  Crowder on Lebron. 

I like that lineup, too, though if Bradley wasn't in such a shooting slump I'd prefer him to Smart being a little better spot up shooter. Then Smart and Turner could "Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war" on the second unit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=930KadF_78Q

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2015, 10:49:44 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Starting

Zeller
KO
Crowder
Smart
IT

Bench

Sullinger
Bass
Jerebko
Turner
AB

I like that lineup, too, though if Bradley wasn't in such a shooting slump I'd prefer him to Smart being a little better spot up shooter. Then Smart and Turner could "Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war" on the second unit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=930KadF_78Q

I understand isaiah is technically a "6th Man" but based on the talent we have around him, I think its smarter and more beneficial for hi to start the rest of this playoff series. He's clearly our purest scorer. He needs to shoot  decent during Kyrie's court times to keep the scoring paste going for the Celtics. He's the perfect 6th man on a great team but this series is an exception