Author Topic: Rondo out indefinitely  (Read 30969 times)

Re: Rondo out indefinitely
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2015, 06:28:29 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Shoddy reporting by ESPN - obviously a Rondo hater, by the way he commented on the "fit" and what happened last night rather than the likelihood that Rajon Rondo....."could", you know - be injured.

After all, he DOES put it out there on the line for his team, right?

Or....maybe ESPN (once again) is fueling the speculation machine....can't say that doesn't happen ;).

And for Eddie20 - No need for the PMs, lol....come forward and post RIGHT HERE what you sent me via PM earlier.

To be honest, I make no qualms whatsoever about wishing Rajon Rondo and DAL success. It could still very well turn out that way as DAL heads home and HOPEFULLY Rajon's injury is not serious.

Rajon Rondo "could" be out only a game or two, play and help turn this thing around. Perhaps he's done in DAL this season AND for good.

As perhaps ESPN's most hated PG EVER, I don't ever expect them to report as they know the facts - but not on speculation.

After all, the juicy morsels of gossip and hearsay...."sell", right? ;)

For Rajon Rondo to NOT be in the ESPN dungeon would surely mean that ESPN is bored and with nothing to do.

Blindfaith, I did post it here, but it was deleted by a mod because I called you out on being completely wrong on your boy. However, judging by your post above it doesn't seem like you've learned much.

"Blindfaith", huh...I almost missed this one.

Love ya, Eddie. If I can become as big a thorn in yours and LarBrd33's side as the legend BBallTim, then it's all good. :)

I wish that the mod would've left it in the thread, TBH. I have no issues whatsoever with what I posted a month or so ago, wishing Rondo success and making predictions based on my admiration of him and his teammates in DAL.

After all, NO ONE on CelticsBlog makes predictions....................................right?

Yeah...Rondo's my boy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9D95FNo24s

I'll always remember the good times in Green, and not conveniently toss him under the bus since he left.

« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2015, 06:29:24 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Tim MacMahon @espn_macmahon  ·  9m 9 minutes ago
With such a serious back injury, I'm surprised Rajon Rondo was first out of locker room instead of going to trainer's room for treatment.

Finally, a beat writer that calls out Rondo. None of the Cs beat writers did that.

It's pretty obvious. When asked in the postgame presser last night why Rondo didn't play in the 2nd half Carlslle didn't mention any injuries, he just said he needs all his players to play at their competitive best right now.

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2015, 06:33:32 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Shoddy reporting by ESPN - obviously a Rondo hater, by the way he commented on the "fit" and what happened last night rather than the likelihood that Rajon Rondo....."could", you know - be injured.

Or....maybe ESPN (once again) is fueling the speculation machine....can't say that doesn't happen ;).

And for Eddie20 - No need for the PMs, lol....come forward and post RIGHT HERE what you sent me via PM earlier.

To be honest, I make no qualms whatsoever about wishing Rajon Rondo and DAL success. It could still very well turn out that way as DAL heads home and HOPEFULLY Rajon's injury is not serious.

Rajon Rondo "could" be out only a game or two, play and help turn this thing around. Perhaps he's done in DAL this season AND for good.

As perhaps ESPN's most hated PG EVER, I don't ever expect them to report as they know the facts - but not on speculation.

For Rajon Rondo to NOT be in the ESPN dungeon would surely mean that ESPN is bored and with nothing to do.

Blindfaith, I did post it here, but it was deleted by a mod because I called you out on being completely wrong on your boy. However, judging by your post above it doesn't seem like you've learned much.

Love ya, Eddie. If I can become as big a thorn in yours and LarBrd33's side as the legend BBallTim, then it's all good. :)

We sent BBallTim into retirement!

« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2015, 06:37:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

We sent BBallTim into retirement!

Since Rondo was traded and after a few Rondo threads, BBallTim never cameback to this forum it seems. 

« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2015, 06:38:15 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Never was a Rondo fan, maybe briefly during 2012, but I never thought he would fall off the cliff like this.   Wow. 

« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2015, 06:39:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Never was a Rondo fan, maybe briefly during 2012, but I never thought he would fall off the cliff like this.   Wow.

fall off the cliff, with a 100 pound vest into the deep part of the ocean

« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2015, 06:40:52 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Man , I feel bad for rondo about the whole thing.

« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2015, 06:41:02 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I can still see Bird or the Kings jumping at the chance to sign him for cheap now.

« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2015, 06:41:18 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

fall off the cliff, with a 100 pound vest into the deep part of the ocean

He'll rise again.

Cream always rises to the top.

« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2015, 06:44:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I think the Kings will be like the only team making Rondo an offer.  Cousins likes Rondo and thinks highly of him.

But it could be only a 1 year 10-12 million dollar deal.

Rondo vs Mavs should be a fun game to watch next season

« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2015, 06:50:11 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
Deja vu all over again?   Is this situation similar to the mysterious knee injury last year?
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2015, 06:50:14 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
I think the Kings will be like the only team making Rondo an offer.  Cousins likes Rondo and thinks highly of him.

At least with such a matchup we won't have to worry about Dirk shutting anyone down...nor lighting it up anymore, since his J has been MIA this year.

« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2015, 06:50:59 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Just wait until Bball descends from his self-imposed exile in the Himalaya. I've heard he already prepared a bunch of stats and ambiguously worded 10,000 word rants to prove how horribly misunderstood the little genius is.

EDIT: Dang, Eddie beat me to it
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 06:56:34 PM by Casperian »
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2015, 06:55:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
“He is seeking additional medical opinions,” Carlisle said. “For now, he will not be around the team. I understand the announcement that’s been made is going to have different interpretations. I’m giving you our interpretation of it. This is fact. From here, we’re moving forward. We’ve got a series to win. We got to win Game 3 with the guys we have.”

“I like Rondo,” Carlisle said. “My relationship with him was professional. We learned a lot going through this, trying to make this thing work. It being an injury is something we didn’t want.”

What a good but bad liar

« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2015, 06:56:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

At least with such a matchup we won't have to worry about Dirk shutting anyone down...nor lighting it up anymore, since his J has been MIA this year.

Dirk is done.  He should retire after this season  or go to a championship calibre team and come off the bench.