Author Topic: Rondo out indefinitely  (Read 30923 times)

Re: Rondo out indefinitely
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2015, 05:54:32 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Rondo has dug himself a big hole.  It is going to take some humility to get himself out of it and convince a team to pay him.  That may prove difficult for him.

I feel bad for him even though most of this is his own fault.  Can't know how much impact the knee is but it is not the knee that caused him to shoot 39.7% from the line.  Nor is it the knee that made Rondo cling to wanting to play only his way and disrupt a team that was cruising along before he got there.

He could have extended with the Celtics for something like 3 more years at $15 per.  I think Danny would have given him that if Rondo would have taken it.  If he had, I wonder if he still would have been traded.  Probably.

But Rondo wanted to be a FA and will now get his wish.  I don't see how his value could be any lower.  I criticized Rondo plenty but in the Celtic's heyday, he played hard and made some amazing plays.  I hope this is not the last we will see of that Rondo.

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2015, 05:54:34 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I don't even think the Lakers will take a chance on RR now---I bet Goran Dragic ends up there....Knicks are a team Stupid AND Desperate enough to give Rondo Max money.

There needs to be multiple teams bidding on him for Rondo to have any form of leverage. I am not sure who those multiple teams would be. Also another reason a team like the Knicks have overpaid for players is because they can sell them as Stars. I am not really sure you can sell Rondo as that right now. He has a special place in our hearts as Celtics fans (or at least in some of ours), but to the average fan he really hasn't been relevant in quite a while. I have been continually surprised by contracts in the NBA so anything is possible. However, it just really is hard to see Rondo getting a Max contract from any team right now. He hasn't been an all star since 2012-2013 (which he didn't even play in because he got hurt) and has suffered a number of injuries coupled with well publicized petulant behavior.

I'm not sure who those particular teams would be, either, but I can think of one that would be perfect for him, and that's the Indiana Pacers.  Bird's a big fan of Rondo, and they need a point guard.  Pairing him with Paul George could be like what happened when Red got DJ for Robey, imo, plus, Rondo would easily speed up the tempo, which is apparently something that they're looking to do next year.  Please god let this happen, lol. ;D

For a guy that'll supposedly speed up the tempo he sure likes to walk the ball up a lot.

« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2015, 05:59:33 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Welp:

Quote from: Tim McMahon
Do you expect Rajon Rondo to ever wear a Mavericks uniform again? "No, I don't," Rick Carlisle said.

Wow.  I'll say again, a lot of players have flamed out over the years but has anyone been as bad as going from NBA title to best player on a legitimate contender to "best" player on horrible team to "don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out?"

Mike

« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2015, 06:00:21 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I don't even think the Lakers will take a chance on RR now---I bet Goran Dragic ends up there....Knicks are a team Stupid AND Desperate enough to give Rondo Max money.

There needs to be multiple teams bidding on him for Rondo to have any form of leverage. I am not sure who those multiple teams would be. Also another reason a team like the Knicks have overpaid for players is because they can sell them as Stars. I am not really sure you can sell Rondo as that right now. He has a special place in our hearts as Celtics fans (or at least in some of ours), but to the average fan he really hasn't been relevant in quite a while. I have been continually surprised by contracts in the NBA so anything is possible. However, it just really is hard to see Rondo getting a Max contract from any team right now. He hasn't been an all star since 2012-2013 (which he didn't even play in because he got hurt) and has suffered a number of injuries coupled with well publicized petulant behavior.

I'm not sure who those particular teams would be, either, but I can think of one that would be perfect for him, and that's the Indiana Pacers.  Bird's a big fan of Rondo, and they need a point guard.  Pairing him with Paul George could be like what happened when Red got DJ for Robey, imo, plus, Rondo would easily speed up the tempo, which is apparently something that they're looking to do next year.  Please god let this happen, lol. ;D

For a guy that'll supposedly speed up the tempo he sure likes to walk the ball up a lot.

I think it is a stretch to say Bird liking Rondo (presumably expressed a few years ago) equals him getting a max contract after a pretty bad season and getting essentially kicked off his team.

« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2015, 06:01:19 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Man, things are looking bad for Rondo.  I hope he bounces back.

I could see a lotto/young team that's still a few years away take a chance and hope he can sell some tickets and make the kids look good.

Philly/Lakers.

Or he could go to Indy and help Larry and Co.

Larry covets Rondo.

« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2015, 06:03:26 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Welp:

Do you expect Rajon Rondo to ever wear a Mavericks uniform again? "No, I don't," Rick Carlisle said.

Wow.  I'll say again, a lot of players have flamed out over the years but has anyone been as bad as going from NBA title to best player on a legitimate contender to "best" player on horrible team to "don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out?"

Mike

You talking about Dirk or Rondo?

Because, as bad as Rondo's been - Dirk has yet to step up.

But Rajon Rondo is the PERFECT sacrificial lamb for DAL.

Additionally, this means that DAL window is closing fast...maybe 2 more games as The Bearded One readies the broom:

« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2015, 06:04:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
.Do you expect Rajon Rondo to ever wear a Mavericks uniform again? "No, I don't," Rick Carlisle said.

Carlisle prob still upset losing to Rondo at connect 4.

« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2015, 06:05:17 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

I could see a lotto/young team that's still a few years away take a chance and hope he can sell some tickets and make the kids look good.

Philly/Lakers.

Larry covets Rondo.

Pretty sure Larry and Carlyle are still pretty tight. No way Indy looks to sign him now.

« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2015, 06:09:12 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Welp:

Mike

Man, that's one hell of a back injury!

« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2015, 06:09:39 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
What I don't get is this...if it's not true and this is just them cutting him (or trying to), wouldn't the PR work of "back injury" do more to hurt his stock than saying he's a headcase and we are sending him home?  Why would he agree to them using back injury as an excuse when his contract year is coming up?  Yea, both are bad but one is clearly worse.  Unless I'm missing something.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 06:20:46 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2015, 06:11:12 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
The resurgence of his buddy Josh down in Houston shows that it is possible to come back and be successful after hitting the depths.

Again, I hope things work out for Rajon.  He's going to have to do some serious soul searching this summer to figure out how to resurrect his career. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2015, 06:12:23 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Philly/Lakers.

Larry covets Rondo.

Pretty sure Larry and Carlyle are still pretty tight. No way Indy looks to sign him now.

LOL like that is supposed to mean something?

Jeanie Buss and Phil Jackson are tight, too.

« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2015, 06:12:58 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Yeah right .

Playoffs.....when he was any good ....he played with one arm to help his team and though horrible injuries.  Before he was brain damaged forever by Danny trading Perk . 

He is standing there fighting with Harden .    LOL back injured .....feelings hurt ..yup as always

Back issues s my eye .... ::)

He has been told to pack his bags .....they ll finish the season without him .....

Not wanting to disrupt the team and lower his value any more .

I bet there was a HUGE fight between ....Coach , owner , players and you know who

Hey, he was bound to injure his back after sitting on the court for so long (sarcasm). ;) ;D Everybody knows that, lol. ;D

I have the PERFECT fit for Rondo !

Rondo heads to Philly !   To assist the greatest tank in the history of NBA

LOL........hee hee hee ........player - coach - tank driver ......perfect

Since the word of the day seems to be toxic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOZuxwVk7TU

Ahaha. ;D

« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2015, 06:21:09 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Tim MacMahon @espn_macmahon  ·  9m 9 minutes ago
With such a serious back injury, I'm surprised Rajon Rondo was first out of locker room instead of going to trainer's room for treatment.

Finally, a beat writer that calls out Rondo. None of the Cs beat writers did that.

« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2015, 06:25:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
April 18
“He hasn’t been as good of a fit as we would’ve liked,” says Cuban. “And Rajon would tell you the same. I think that he is a guy that is built for the playoffs, and we haven’t had a lot of practice time together.

Mavs is a dumb organization. I'm glad they traded for Rondo, but how can you not have a proper plan to use him?

Skipping out on Schroeder, then drafting Larkin (bust).  Signing Nelson (who they didn't care for by the trade deadline).  Trading for Rondo, wasting picks , assets and then pretty much cutting him lose

How does the Mavs GM still have a job?