Author Topic: Rondo out indefinitely  (Read 30981 times)

Re: Rondo out indefinitely
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2015, 05:28:54 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Man, things are looking bad for Rondo.  I hope he bounces back.

I could see a lotto/young team that's still a few years away take a chance and hope he can sell some tickets and make the kids look good.

Philly/Lakers.

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2015, 05:29:20 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Eddie are you enjoying the Miami Playoff series? On a related note did you end up settling our tommy point bet? You got really quiet about that.

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2015, 05:30:40 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I don't even think the Lakers will take a chance on RR now---I bet Goran Dragic ends up there....Knicks are a team Stupid AND Desperate enough to give Rondo Max money.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2015, 05:33:59 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I for one hope he rights the ship and gets back to something resembling a starter in the league. Yes he was a headache but I'll never forget his play that helped extend the C's windows a few more years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mcbSxu2QrE

TP

Thanks for posting that. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2015, 05:37:40 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
I don't even think the Lakers will take a chance on RR now---I bet Goran Dragic ends up there....Knicks are a team Stupid AND Desperate enough to give Rondo Max money.

There needs to be multiple teams bidding on him for Rondo to have any form of leverage. I am not sure who those multiple teams would be. Also another reason a team like the Knicks have overpaid for players is because they can sell them as Stars. I am not really sure you can sell Rondo as that right now. He has a special place in our hearts as Celtics fans (or at least in some of ours), but to the average fan he really hasn't been relevant in quite a while. I have been continually surprised by contracts in the NBA so anything is possible. However, it just really is hard to see Rondo getting a Max contract from any team right now. He hasn't been an all star since 2012-2013 (which he didn't even play in because he got hurt) and has suffered a number of injuries coupled with well publicized petulant behavior.

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2015, 05:37:40 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Eddie are you enjoying the Miami Playoff series? On a related note did you end up settling our tommy point bet? You got really quiet about that.

I'm glad they didn't make it, I hate that team. I thought they would do though. Now I hope someone jumps them so they dont' get #10.

I've been hooking you up or did you think the TP has been growing from great takes?

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2015, 05:40:26 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I'm glad they didn't make it, I hate that team. I thought they would do though. Now I hope someone jumps them so they dont' get #10.

I've been hooking you up or did you think the TP has been growing from great takes?

I have gotten a few in my day on my own #humblebrag. On a more serious note I don't really keep track of them unless I am near a really round number. When I get at 497 (god bless) i will probably be paying attention.

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2015, 05:40:29 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Yeah right .

Playoffs.....when he was any good ....he played with one arm to help his team and though horrible injuries.  Before he was brain damaged forever by Danny trading Perk . 

He is standing there fighting with Harden .    LOL back injured .....feelings hurt ..yup as always

Back issues s my eye .... ::)

He has been told to pack his bags .....they ll finish the season without him .....

Not wanting to disrupt the team and lower his value any more .

I bet there was a HUGE fight between ....Coach , owner , players and you know who

Hey, he was bound to injure his back after sitting on the court for so long (sarcasm). ;) ;D Everybody knows that, lol. ;D

I have the PERFECT fit for Rondo !

Rondo heads to Philly !   To assist the greatest tank in the history of NBA

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2015, 05:40:32 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Shoddy reporting by ESPN - obviously a Rondo hater, by the way he commented on the "fit" and what happened last night rather than the likelihood that Rajon Rondo....."could", you know - be injured.

After all, he DOES put it out there on the line for his team, right?

Or....maybe ESPN (once again) is fueling the speculation machine....can't say that doesn't happen ;).

And for Eddie20 - No need for the PMs, lol....come forward and post RIGHT HERE what you sent me via PM earlier.

To be honest, I make no qualms whatsoever about wishing Rajon Rondo and DAL success. It could still very well turn out that way as DAL heads home and HOPEFULLY Rajon's injury is not serious.

Rajon Rondo "could" be out only a game or two, play and help turn this thing around. Perhaps he's done in DAL this season AND for good.

As perhaps ESPN's most hated PG EVER, I don't ever expect them to report as they know the facts - but not on speculation.

After all, the juicy morsels of gossip and hearsay...."sell", right? ;)

For Rajon Rondo to NOT be in the ESPN dungeon would surely mean that ESPN is bored and with nothing to do.
Of course. Because every time a player is out for what could be 1 to 2 games, teams declare them out "indefinitely".  ::)

BUT - then again - this is ESPN we are following here, LOL.....so what is exactly the truth?

So.....we slam ESPN (most of us here have did this at times)....BUT - a juicy morsel of speculation is devoured like vultures on a carcass in the desert.....but wait!

It's Rondo, so I understand completely.

Boy, once Rajon Rondo tastes success again (whether in DAL or in Indy or wherever), I'll be happy as a pig in slop ;D

The local Y?

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2015, 05:43:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Yeah right .

Playoffs.....when he was any good ....he played with one arm to help his team and though horrible injuries.  Before he was brain damaged forever by Danny trading Perk . 

He is standing there fighting with Harden .    LOL back injured .....feelings hurt ..yup as always

Back issues s my eye .... ::)

He has been told to pack his bags .....they ll finish the season without him .....

Not wanting to disrupt the team and lower his value any more .

I bet there was a HUGE fight between ....Coach , owner , players and you know who

Hey, he was bound to injure his back after sitting on the court for so long (sarcasm). ;) ;D Everybody knows that, lol. ;D

I have the PERFECT fit for Rondo !

Rondo heads to Philly !   To assist the greatest tank in the history of NBA

LOL........hee hee hee ........player - coach - tank driver ......perfect

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2015, 05:49:26 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

There needs to be multiple teams bidding on him for Rondo to have any form of leverage. I am not sure who those multiple teams would be. Also another reason a team like the Knicks have overpaid for players is because they can sell them as Stars. I am not really sure you can sell Rondo as that right now. He has a special place in our hearts as Celtics fans (or at least in some of ours), but to the average fan he really hasn't been relevant in quite a while. I have been continually surprised by contracts in the NBA so anything is possible. However, it just really is hard to see Rondo getting a Max contract from any team right now. He hasn't been an all star since 2012-2013 (which he didn't even play in because he got hurt) and has suffered a number of injuries coupled with well publicized petulant behavior.

I'm not sure who those particular teams would be, either, but I can think of one that would be perfect for him, and that's the Indiana Pacers.  Bird's a big fan of Rondo, and they need a point guard.  Pairing him with Paul George could be like what happened when Red got DJ for Robey, imo, plus, Rondo would easily speed up the tempo, which is apparently something that they're looking to do next year.  Please god let this happen, lol. ;D

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2015, 05:50:45 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2015, 05:50:47 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I for one hope he rights the ship and gets back to something resembling a starter in the league. Yes he was a headache but I'll never forget his play that helped extend the C's windows a few more years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mcbSxu2QrE

TP

Thanks for posting that.

Doesn't count - he's just a mediocre role player (sarcasm). ::)

« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2015, 05:52:11 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'm glad Danny unloaded him before he started acting up on the Celtics.

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2015, 05:52:42 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji