Author Topic: Rondo out indefinitely  (Read 30965 times)

Re: Rondo out indefinitely
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2015, 05:13:04 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Man, things are looking bad for Rondo.  I hope he bounces back. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2015, 05:13:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
This isn't speculation, the team literally said "Rajon Rondo is out indefinitely".

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2015, 05:14:06 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
BUT - then again - this is ESPN we are following here, LOL.....so what is exactly the truth?
No, we're really following the Dallas PR staff and mavs.com's beat reporter:

https://twitter.com/EarlKSneed/status/590976998769430529

Or, alternatively, we're talking tin foil hats. It's pretty cut and dry, really.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2015, 05:14:45 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Amazing Ainge did as well as he did in that trade.  The ACL trade really handcuffed him but a fringe starter/glue guy in Crowder and some picks is a solid return.

I remember telling Kyle Draper on my show a few months ago that Rondo would be out of the NBA in five years.  I doubt he lasts another three.  He's the next Steve Francis/Stephon Marbury.  Coming to a China league near you...

Doesn't Francis have a medical condition that brought on his early retirement, though?

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2015, 05:16:01 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
BUT - then again - this is ESPN we are following here, LOL.....so what is exactly the truth?
No, we're really talking the Dallas PR staff and mavs.com's content manager:

Or, alternatively, we're talking tin foil hats. It's pretty cut and dry, really.

Yeah, I think this one is relatively clear.  Pretty easy to connect the dots.  Rondo is detrimental to the team last night then, voila, back injury?  That's a pretty easy cover. 

I don't think this is a case of shoddy reporting.  I think it's projecting by those who don't want to see Rondo in a negative light and turn the blame elsewhere.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2015, 05:16:24 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
He'll have a bounce-back season next year.  Whoever pays for him will utilize him in a way that makes the most of his skill set.
you live in the past, rondo is cooked
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2015, 05:16:33 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Amazing Ainge did as well as he did in that trade.  The ACL trade really handcuffed him but a fringe starter/glue guy in Crowder and some picks is a solid return.

I remember telling Kyle Draper on my show a few months ago that Rondo would be out of the NBA in five years.  I doubt he lasts another three.  He's the next Steve Francis/Stephon Marbury.  Coming to a China league near you...

lol

A bit dramatic, eh?

If you don't like Rajon, at least tell us.

Or were you on the Rondo Train like most of us were before he got injured - in Green.

So the guy lays it on the line for BOS, doesn't kiss butt (like some of us wanted him to), and gets injured and now he's being compared to Stephon and Stevey.

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2015, 05:18:49 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
He'll have a bounce-back season next year.  Whoever pays for him will utilize him in a way that makes the most of his skill set.

Yep, wouldn't be surprised to see him average 10-10-5-2 on 40/25/50 shooting next year for a 35-45 win team.

Question is, will he be making a bargain-basement 3-5 million a year, or will he be making 10-12 million a year?

While I love Rondo, after this season's epic struggles at the free throw line, I have to ask, which of the 40/25/50 will be his percentage from the charity stripe, lol? ;D I know that you listed it by fg%, 3-pt%, and ft%, but I just thought that I'd ask, haha. ;D

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2015, 05:20:04 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
p.s.
rondo has to change his mindset, the other extreme measure is that someone makes him owner-gm-coach-captain and yeah, that is not happening
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2015, 05:20:47 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Yep, wouldn't be surprised to see him average 10-10-5-2 on 40/25/50 shooting next year for a 35-45 win team.

Question is, will he be making a bargain-basement 3-5 million a year, or will he be making 10-12 million a year?

While I love Rondo, after this season's epic struggles at the free throw line, I have to ask, which of the 40/25/50 will be his percentage from the charity stripe, lol? ;D I know that you listed it by fg%, 3-pt%, and ft%, but I just thought that I'd ask, haha. ;D
The days when he shot 50% from the field are long gone, you know :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2015, 05:21:33 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
I for one hope he rights the ship and gets back to something resembling a starter in the league. Yes he was a headache but I'll never forget his play that helped extend the C's windows a few more years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mcbSxu2QrE

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2015, 05:22:04 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
No, we're really following the Dallas PR staff and mavs.com's beat reporter:

Yeah, the same PR staff that gives Dirk Nowitski a free pass as he can't hit the broadside of a barn with a Tactical Nuke.

But wait...maybe, just maybe, Rajon Rondo is injured...

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2015, 05:24:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
But wait...maybe, just maybe, Rajon Rondo is injured...
Of course he is, didn't you hear Rick Carlisle address it at length in his postgame presser?

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2015, 05:26:44 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
one of the rare positive things you've said about him.  TP

I hope you're right that he has a bounce back year.  sadly, it'll probably be with the Lakers --> maybe enough to put them at the tail end of the lottery where Philly gets as little from that pick as they can

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2015, 05:28:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Yeah right .

Playoffs.....when he was any good ....he played with one arm to help his team and though horrible injuries.  Before he was brain damaged forever by Danny trading Perk . 

He is standing there fighting with Harden .    LOL back injured .....feelings hurt ..yup as always

Back issues s my eye .... ::)

He has been told to pack his bags .....they ll finish the season without him .....

Not wanting to disrupt the team and lower his value any more .

I bet there was a HUGE fight between ....Coach , owner , players and you know who

Hey, he was bound to injure his back after sitting on the court for so long (sarcasm). ;) ;D Everybody knows that, lol. ;D

I have the PERFECT fit for Rondo !

Rondo heads to Philly !   To assist the greatest tank in the history of NBA