Author Topic: Rondo out indefinitely  (Read 30988 times)

Re: Rondo out indefinitely
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 04:48:29 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Shoddy reporting by ESPN - obviously a Rondo hater, by the way he commented on the "fit" and what happened last night rather than the likelihood that Rajon Rondo....."could", you know - be injured.

After all, he DOES put it out there on the line for his team, right?

Or....maybe ESPN (once again) is fueling the speculation machine....can't say that doesn't happen ;).

And for Eddie20 - No need for the PMs, lol....come forward and post RIGHT HERE what you sent me via PM earlier.

To be honest, I make no qualms whatsoever about wishing Rajon Rondo and DAL success. It could still very well turn out that way as DAL heads home and HOPEFULLY Rajon's injury is not serious.

Rajon Rondo "could" be out only a game or two, play and help turn this thing around. Perhaps he's done in DAL this season AND for good.

As perhaps ESPN's most hated PG EVER, I don't ever expect them to report as they know the facts - but not on speculation.

After all, the juicy morsels of gossip and hearsay...."sell", right? ;)

For Rajon Rondo to NOT be in the ESPN dungeon would surely mean that ESPN is bored and with nothing to do.

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2015, 04:51:14 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
think that dallas pick will be in the lottery next year when rondo and ellis both leave and dirk continues to decline ;D

And with all the players that headed back to school it makes those picks even more valuable. We have a good chance at getting 2 lottery picks with the Dallas and Nets picks, and to give an early estimate of the talent level, draft express has Nigel Hayes going #15.

Maybe a third late lottery pick if the Wolves finish outside the bottom 12 although unlikely.

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 04:51:21 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
This is easily the most lopsided trade of the 2014-2015 season.

Rondo netted us
13mil trade exception
4 draft picks
a player that helped us turn this team around and get into the playoffs

Rondo is no longer even worth the trade exception he generated for us.

LOL ......that's the truth ...TP !

Danny fleeced them good .......all that for dude with a screw loose. 

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 04:55:13 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Playoff Rondo

Minus -34 on the floor in two games . ::)

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2015, 04:55:24 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Rondo netted us
13mil trade exception
4 draft picks

Yeah, that loose screw was at times the best player we had from 2009-12.

Boy I wonder how well he could've played with that screw tightened.

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2015, 04:56:50 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Shoddy reporting by ESPN - obviously a Rondo hater, by the way he commented on the "fit" and what happened last night rather than the likelihood that Rajon Rondo....."could", you know - be injured.

Or....maybe ESPN (once again) is fueling the speculation machine....can't say that doesn't happen ;).

And for Eddie20 - No need for the PMs, lol....come forward and post RIGHT HERE what you sent me via PM earlier.

To be honest, I make no qualms whatsoever about wishing Rajon Rondo and DAL success. It could still very well turn out that way as DAL heads home and HOPEFULLY Rajon's injury is not serious.

Rajon Rondo "could" be out only a game or two, play and help turn this thing around. Perhaps he's done in DAL this season AND for good.

As perhaps ESPN's most hated PG EVER, I don't ever expect them to report as they know the facts - but not on speculation.

For Rajon Rondo to NOT be in the ESPN dungeon would surely mean that ESPN is bored and with nothing to do.

Blindfaith, I did post it here, but it was deleted by a mod because I called you out on being completely wrong on your boy. However, judging by your post above it doesn't seem like you've learned much.

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2015, 04:57:25 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
He'll have a bounce-back season next year.  Whoever pays for him will utilize him in a way that makes the most of his skill set.

Yep, wouldn't be surprised to see him average 10-10-5-2 on 40/25/50 shooting next year for a 35-45 win team.

Question is, will he be making a bargain-basement 3-5 million a year, or will he be making 10-12 million a year?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2015, 04:57:25 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Of course. Because every time a player is out for what could be 1 to 2 games, teams declare them out "indefinitely".  ::)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2015, 04:57:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

Rondo netted us
13mil trade exception
4 draft picks

Yeah, that loose screw was at times the best player we had from 2009-12.

Boy I wonder how well he could've played with that screw tightened.

He was one of my favs ..back then ...he was soooo cool !

But Danny changed him for ever when he traded Perk ......he never seemed quite the same .....he was easy go lucky and  smiled a lot .....after that he was visibly shaken to the core.

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2015, 04:59:10 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
He'll have a bounce-back season next year.  Whoever pays for him will utilize him in a way that makes the most of his skill set.

Yep, wouldn't be surprised to see him average 10-10-5-2 on 40/25/50 shooting next year for a 35-45 win team.

Question is, will he be making a bargain-basement 3-5 million a year, or will he be making 10-12 million a year?

Sacramento?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2015, 05:02:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Wish we could have traded him earlier to like Rockets for Parsons ......

Dang !

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2015, 05:05:44 PM »

Offline LHR

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Executive Producer & Host: Celtics Beat Podcast
Amazing Ainge did as well as he did in that trade.  The ACL trade really handcuffed him but a fringe starter/glue guy in Crowder and some picks is a solid return.

I remember telling Kyle Draper on my show a few months ago that Rondo would be out of the NBA in five years.  I doubt he lasts another three.  He's the next Steve Francis/Stephon Marbury.  Coming to a China league near you...
Author: Fall of the Boston Celtics
Available Here: http://www.clnsradio/LHRbook

EP & Host: Celtics Beat Podcast
Available here: http://apple.co/1E29sq0

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2015, 05:06:09 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Of course. Because every time a player is out for what could be 1 to 2 games, teams declare them out "indefinitely".  ::)

BUT - then again - this is ESPN we are following here, LOL.....so what is exactly the truth?

So.....we slam ESPN (most of us here have did this at times)....BUT - a juicy morsel of speculation is devoured like vultures on a carcass in the desert.....but wait!

It's Rondo, so I understand completely.

Boy, once Rajon Rondo tastes success again (whether in DAL or in Indy or wherever), I'll be happy as a pig in slop ;D

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2015, 05:11:31 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
This is unbelievable. Please, please, please go to LA next year, Rondo. You and Kobe will work "well" together.

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2015, 05:12:29 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Yeah right .

Playoffs.....when he was any good ....he played with one arm to help his team and though horrible injuries.  Before he was brain damaged forever by Danny trading Perk . 

He is standing there fighting with Harden .    LOL back injured .....feelings hurt ..yup as always

Back issues s my eye .... ::)

He has been told to pack his bags .....they ll finish the season without him .....

Not wanting to disrupt the team and lower his value any more .

I bet there was a HUGE fight between ....Coach , owner , players and you know who

Hey, he was bound to injure his back after sitting on the court for so long (sarcasm). ;) ;D Everybody knows that, lol. ;D