Author Topic: Thoughts on Avery Bradley?  (Read 2220 times)

Re: Thoughts on Avery Bradley?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2015, 10:59:07 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
What's there to think about?

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 11:01:08 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
He needs to chill out a little on D. The dude plays 15 seconds of solid D and then over commits because he's being too aggressive, resulting in stupid fouls. There were also plays on D that he got wrong in both games, such as undercutting Irving because he was too aggressive getting over the pick. I would hope he would had corrected that. Hopefully he starts playing with more controlled aggressiveness.

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 11:03:54 PM »

Offline dwoumn

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
Offensively he was obviously mostly ineffective, but I did notice some advanced dribble moves that he just did not have last year. Unfortunately he just doesn't know what to do with it after his 'sweet' moves.

Where did you see advanced dribble moves? I seen a behind the back that's about it. He needs to learn how to dribble to break down a defender to either create his own shot, get to the rim, or make a play for someone else. Unfortunately, I don't see this happening anytime soon.

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2015, 11:06:12 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
While he stepped up defensively, he continues to struggle offensively. I don't think he knows the difference between a good shot and a bad one. A lot of the times off curls (where most of his shot come from) AB has already made up his mind that he's pulling the trigger.
The sad part is this is exactly what a good AB shot looks like come playoff time. This pony has no other offensive tricks.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2015, 11:12:46 PM »

Offline Greenteam2158

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 7
He needs to chill out a little on D. The dude plays 15 seconds of solid D and then over commits because he's being too aggressive, resulting in stupid fouls. There were also plays on D that he got wrong in both games, such as undercutting Irving because he was too aggressive getting over the pick. I would hope he would had corrected that. Hopefully he starts playing with more controlled aggressiveness.

The thing is the way Irving is shooting right now Avery has to play that aggressive on D or Kyrie might put 50 on us

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2015, 11:16:08 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
While he stepped up defensively, he continues to struggle offensively. I don't think he knows the difference between a good shot and a bad one. A lot of the times off curls (where most of his shot come from) AB has already made up his mind that he's pulling the trigger.
The sad part is this is exactly what a good AB shot looks like come playoff time. This pony has no other offensive tricks.

True, but in fairness to Bradley, we're not running him off of any picks, either, so he mostly just stands out there on the perimeter waiting for a pass that never comes, lol. ;D

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2015, 11:22:05 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

The thing is the way Irving is shooting right now Avery has to play that aggressive on D or Kyrie might put 50 on us
I wouldn't want him to stop being aggressive but there's no reason to put the guy on the foul line by over committing.

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2015, 11:23:07 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

True, but in fairness to Bradley, we're not running him off of any picks, either, so he mostly just stands out there on the perimeter waiting for a pass that never comes, lol. ;D
I wouldn't be too hot on Bradley's jumper as an offensive weapon. Sure, he's got a midrange shot that's not completely embarrassing (as opposed to his attempts to "create" on a dribble-drive), but even this team should have a handful of superior offensive options available.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2015, 11:32:16 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

I wouldn't be too hot on Bradley's jumper as an offensive weapon. Sure, he's got a midrange shot that's not completely embarrassing (as opposed to his attempts to "create" on a dribble-drive), but even this team should have a handful of superior offensive options available.

Perhaps not at first at first glance, but if used in a certain way, even if he misses, Bradley could make this a very interesting series, imo.  I completely agree with you on not having really any true offensive weapons out there, though, but we still had our chances, especially if we'd keyed in on Love and his 4 fouls instead of settling for jumper after jumper during that critical period in the 4th.