Author Topic: SB Nation is closing in on a 2 game deal with Kevin Dasd. *STORY INSIDE*  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Kevin_Dasd

• Cleveland's Most Beloved Troll
  • NGT
  • Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 65535
CLEVELAND--Representatives for Kevin Dasd were finalizing negotiations Tuesday on a 2 game contract that will bring him to the Game Thread on the SB Nation Celtic's Blog Forum, sources told ESPN.

Cavs.com and RealGM.com have been told by Dasd's representatives to move on, the sources said. Both websites were hoping he would post in their game threads, as traffic increases by 320% when Dasd is posting.

Dasd was absent from the game thread on Sunday afternoon and it left many members on the Celtics forum confused and upset.

A source close to Dasd told ESPNBoston.com that an announcement of a deal could come from the seven-time Poster-Of-The-Year as soon as this afternoon.

The contract, which is for game's 2 and 3 on their website, will be for more than $56,987 per Dasd post.

"I'm excited to be here. Their team isn't very good and this forum lacks star power, but I think I can make a solid difference in several key areas," Dasd said. "I expect 10,000 new members by opening top tonight."

Dasd has said that he'd be open to accepting a contract that was worth less than the maximum allowed, under the League of Message Boards guidelines. However, if Dasd took a pay cut, it could provide more money for SB Nation to bring in some other posters with some credibility.

"It's exciting to hear that it's still possible and that at least it's close to being real," a source close to SB Nation said. "But I've been around a long time, so until it's done and it's real, we can't assume that it's a definite thing."

Information from ESPNBoston.com and ESPNNewYork.com contributor Fred Katz and was used in this report.

Twitter-@Kevin_Dasd