Author Topic: OKC/LAC Trade Idea. Can Boston fit in?  (Read 842 times)

OKC/LAC Trade Idea. Can Boston fit in?
« on: April 21, 2015, 01:50:10 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
I was thinking the other day. The Clippers have a legit chance to exit in the first round. If this happens it'll sound worse then it actually is. We all know the Spurs track record. However, if the Clips do lose could it be possible they blow it up and try and retool. I was thinking of this trade in particular.

To OKC: Chris Paul
To LAC: Russ Westbrook.

I thought long and hard about this. I think both teams would benefit, but I have NO idea how this trade would be done. Could it be done straight up? Do picks need to be involved? I think both players are pretty similiar in talent.

Finally, could Boston sneak in and be a 3rd team and somehow get DJ?

What are your thoughts?

Edit: How about this trade-- http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qb6v8fd
Clips were looking to get rid of Crawford. Waiters could be good for the clips.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 02:02:26 PM by JohnBoy65 »

Re: OKC/LAC Trade Idea. Can Boston fit in?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 01:55:45 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
OKC would need more for CP3/West swap.   Age is the big thing.    Then what ever else the experts on Celtics blog think.   
Diggles

Re: OKC/LAC Trade Idea. Can Boston fit in?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 02:26:49 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
This could maybe be mutually beneficial, but superstar-for-superstar swaps just don't happen in the NBA. It's just too much risk for the respective GM's, and plus, fans develop loyalty to their superstars.

Another interesting (and equally unlikely) point-guard swap would be CP3 for Kyrie. CP3 is a better passer and far better defender, so the cavs get better. Clips get younger and free up cap room (I think ~$5m) to sign some much-needed depth.