Author Topic: Celtics (0-1) at Cavaliers (1-0) Round 1 Game 2 4/21/15  (Read 82642 times)

Re: Celtics (0-1) at Cavaliers (1-0) Round 1 Game 2 4/21/15
« Reply #705 on: April 21, 2015, 10:05:20 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Demarcus Cousins would solve like everything wrong with this team.

And fro every other Cetnerless NBA team.. Shoot maybe a few volleyball teams as well

« Reply #706 on: April 21, 2015, 10:05:38 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
I know this is a little out of context but, based how were playing, I think we would've gave Atlanta a run for their money to win the series.

Ugghhh yes we would've. As close as these two games have been, I'm betting it would've been a very close series with Atlanta. Not that we really could've done anything about it due to owning the tiebreaker with Brooklyn, but it still sucks to think we pulled a much tougher draw.

« Reply #707 on: April 21, 2015, 10:05:51 PM »

• Jayson Tatum

And every other Centerless NBA team as well. Shoot, even a few volleyball teams

« Reply #708 on: April 21, 2015, 10:07:27 PM »

• Jayson Tatum
I know this is a little out of context but, based how were playing, I think we would've gave Atlanta a run for their money to win the series.

Ugghhh yes we would've. As close as these two games have been, I'm betting it would've been a very close series with Atlanta. Not that we really could've done anything about it due to owning the tiebreaker with Brooklyn, but it still sucks to think we pulled a much tougher draw.

YEa but after long consideration, We get more out of playing the cavs. Its like we start the playoffs in the Finals. Player gauguement is stonger IMO

« Reply #709 on: April 21, 2015, 10:08:18 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1671

If he buys in, yep, pretty much.  It would be interesting to see what Stevens would do with him.  He's never had a talent - or a personality - like Cousins.  Could blow up in our face, but I'd be happy to take that chance.

« Reply #710 on: April 21, 2015, 10:13:08 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Sully 's shot finally came back a bit.

We shot horrible and were still in it.  Thank the Basketball Gods for IT, without him we stink at times.  Our starters stink at times.  AB needs to show up, it is now or never.

« Reply #711 on: April 21, 2015, 10:24:16 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
We played better than we did in game 1.    Hopefully we win 1 at home

CBS has maximized this teams capability.  We just don't have guys that can make shots. Crowder missing a few, Turner missing a few,  Sullinger can't buy a bucket

Zeller playing good defense but wingspan unfortunately is 3-4  inches too short.

I wonder what would of happened if Mcgee was here

I wonder what would have happened if Whiteside, and, to a lesser extent, Jabari Brown, were here.  With how close these games have been, we could very well have stolen one, at least, imo.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 11:13:48 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #712 on: April 21, 2015, 10:26:56 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
How lebron grow that hair in the front?

M glade you bring dis up.

Rogaine

;D

Lol, TP. ;D

« Reply #713 on: April 21, 2015, 10:45:36 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Single digits, baby!  That's all I could ask for in this series.  I think that'll be the closest game we will have.  Proud of the team.  Nicely done.  They made it look competitive.  If they can keep the next two losses under 20 points it will be icing on the cake.

After watching these two games, you really don't think we can pull one out at home? I do. I think we can even get two. We've been right in it with one of the best two teams in the league both games on their home floor where every 50/50 call has gone their way. Give the C's a few of those calls and the Garden to feed off and I think they steal a game or two.

Most importantly, I think there just might be a upcoming FA watching this game and thinking "I could get these guys to the next level." We've looked really good for what we are so far. Stevens looks as advertised. That's what we need from this series more than anything.

« Reply #714 on: April 21, 2015, 10:54:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Single digits, baby!  That's all I could ask for in this series.  I think that'll be the closest game we will have.  Proud of the team.  Nicely done.  They made it look competitive.  If they can keep the next two losses under 20 points it will be icing on the cake.

After watching these two games, you really don't think we can pull one out at home?
Not really. Glad the Cavs didn't embarrass us though.  Nice effort. Both losses were respectable.  Hope we keep the next two respectable as well. Maybe we can steal one if lebron takes a mid-series break.

« Reply #715 on: April 21, 2015, 10:59:12 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
well, i missed the entire fourth quarter.  >:( did the celtics get close at all?

it seems that except for the first 4-5 minutes of the third quarter, they played the cavs pretty evenly.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #716 on: April 21, 2015, 11:07:28 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
well, i missed the entire fourth quarter.  >:( did the celtics get close at all?

it seems that except for the first 4-5 minutes of the third quarter, they played the cavs pretty evenly.

Yes, we did, surprisingly.  There was a 2-3 minute stretch when it was a 2-3 point game in the 4th, iirc, but each time we came down and took a jump shot, lol. ::) Ugh.  It was actually a very doable game, imo.  Kevin Love had 4 fouls for the majority of the 4th quarter, and he later picked up his 5th, and was still out there on the court when we tried to close the gap, but we elected to clang jumpers instead of just giving the ball to Zeller and letting him work against Love on the block.  Sigh.

« Reply #717 on: April 21, 2015, 11:11:37 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I hope everyone enjoyed that early Dunk by Mozgov----you know, the one where Zeller went up to try to block it----but Mozgov grabbed his arm--and pulled it away from the ball, as he was dunking----AWESOME NO Call by the refs--!!

Then Mozgov Plowed Zeller to the ground for a basket---and NO Call once again.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #718 on: April 21, 2015, 11:24:41 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja

Yes, we did, surprisingly.  There was a 2-3 minute stretch when it was a 2-3 point game in the 4th, iirc, but each time we came down and took a jump shot, lol. ::) Ugh.  It was actually a very doable game, imo.  Kevin Love had 4 fouls for the majority of the 4th quarter, and he later picked up his 5th, and was still out there on the court when we tried to close the gap, but we elected to clang jumpers instead of just giving the ball to Zeller and letting him work against Love on the block.  Sigh.
thanks and a TP. wow!!! the game was close. this team is amazing.

again, as you point out, they play smart ball for a while, then decide to either go into hero-ball mode or jump shooting mode. when they pass, pass, pass then penetrate a lot of good things happen.

but this is a young team. i cant imagine what this team will be like when they acquire 2 very good players under CBS.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #719 on: April 21, 2015, 11:39:43 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

thanks and a TP. wow!!! the game was close. this team is amazing.

again, as you point out, they play smart ball for a while, then decide to either go into hero-ball mode or jump shooting mode. when they pass, pass, pass then penetrate a lot of good things happen.

but this is a young team. i cant imagine what this team will be like when they acquire 2 very good players under CBS.

Yeah, I'm very impressed with them, especially after Cleveland game out and decked us, lol ;D, in the 3rd quarter and we fell behind by, what, 14 points?  Anyway, it was definitely a winnable contest, but I expect Lebron to pull a game 3 circa 2010 on Thursday, just to let us know who's boss, haha. ;D

As far as the calls, all you can do is laugh.  Lebron picked up his FIRST FOUL around the 10 minute mark of the 4th quarter. ::) Typical.  Incredibly, he actually picked up 3 fouls in the 4th.  Who knew that such things were possible, lol? ;D