Author Topic: Celtics (0-1) at Cavaliers (1-0) Round 1 Game 2 4/21/15  (Read 82644 times)

Re: Celtics (0-1) at Cavaliers (1-0) Round 1 Game 2 4/21/15
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2015, 05:33:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'd like to see us keep it close like last game.  I was impressed with our performance.  Avoid a total blowout.  If we can lose by less than double digits, it's a moral victory. 

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 05:55:01 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
I'd like to see us keep it close like last game.  I was impressed with our performance.  Avoid a total blowout.  If we can lose by less than double digits, it's a moral victory.

I know it will be crushing if we get close and lose, but I am with you in theory.  Looking at the two rosters, a single digit loss on their court would be an accomplishment for the C's. 

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 06:00:23 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I just hope I don't notice the refs.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2015, 06:03:45 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Welcome Mr Sunshine. You forgot to add that an injury is looming  ;D
I have a good feeling about today, I expect a win and I'm willing to bet TPs.

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2015, 06:07:39 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
another chance at redemption and another game thread by flc. many thanks and a tp.

hmmmm...i noticed that those two beer mugs are empty. is that your doing flc?  ;)

tonight the celtics steal a victory in cleveland.

gooooooooo celtics!!!!
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2015, 06:08:07 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
   I hope Brad changes things up big time tonight!  The only chance the C's realistically have is to spread the Cavs out and run.  Sit Bass, play Jerebko more and Olynyk needs 30+ minutes.

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2015, 06:14:31 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
want to see Bass and Crowder guard Lebron for the majority of time . Try to split up Smart and Bradley's mins so either one is guarding Kyrie at one time .

Need sully in there when Thompson comes in

Hope Bradley finds his stroke

c's win 100-96  ;D

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2015, 06:27:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

TP ! 

Forget the negative agitators .....Enjoy the Game !

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2015, 06:28:43 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Didn't Bradley leave the game with a mild injury the day I pointed out we were due?  DOes that technically count?  Lol.  This team has been pretty fortunate with health this year.  We're pretty much at full strength.

Anyways.  Looking forward to the game.  I think this will probably be the game that gets out of hand (25+ loss), but I think we'll bounce back in Boston and lose a close one in a pride game.

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2015, 06:31:14 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
Didn't Bradley leave the game with a mild injury the day I pointed out we were due?  DOes that technically count?  Lol.  This team has been pretty fortunate with health this year.  We're pretty much at full strength.
You are right in that we are at full strength heading into the playoffs which is very important but Smart, Olynyk, Thomas, and Sully all missed substantial time.

Im not sure the net effect that had but its possible that with those guys being healthy we could have grabbed the 6 seed, where the Bulls probably also crush us but they are a tad less frightening than Cleveland

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2015, 06:33:29 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
box out Love.  Double Kyrie & let Lebron get his. 

we've got a chance to compete, and that's all you can ask for. 

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2015, 06:34:09 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
You are right in that we are at full strength heading into the playoffs which is very important but Smart, Olynyk, Thomas, and Sully all missed substantial time.

Im not sure the net effect that had but its possible that with those guys being healthy we could have grabbed the 6 seed, where the Bulls probably also crush us but they are a tad less frightening than Cleveland
You never know.   Sully getting injured paved the way for Bass to get the bulk of PF minutes.  Bass has been rather good.  We might have had less success had injures not forced a more concise rotation.  When all the players are pretty mediocre, quantity doesn't necessary equal quality.  Less can be more.  Defined roles and such.

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2015, 06:54:47 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
lol just checked the Cavs game thread at Reddit, and guess what... they found the ABC announcers annoying... these guys are really something.

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2015, 07:00:52 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
this game is simple. make Lebron score and work for his points. don't let him get the other guys going. he's trying to pace himself because he sees us as a "bye" for all intents and purposes. he goes to the basket and he should be picking himself up off the floor every time.

if we can hold them to a 20 pt. qrtr. without giving up a 50-60 pt. qrtr. we can win.

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2015, 07:02:05 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
lol just checked the Cavs game thread at Reddit, and guess what... they found the ABC announcers annoying... these guys are really something.

*gasp* those announcers had the audacity to question the "King"