Author Topic: Paul Pierce is the ultimate troll!  (Read 893 times)

Paul Pierce is the ultimate troll!
« on: April 20, 2015, 11:40:19 AM »

Offline quidinqui33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
Pretty funny and entertaining read over at the Wizards blog counterpart to Celticsblog about how Pierce gets under peoples skins.

Some of the youtube clips bring back good memories.  I loved this paragraph, Pierce's career in a nutshell:

"More than all of Pierce's annoying quotes and antics, the thing that trolls other players and fans the most is how he always finds a way to outduel players who are bigger, stronger and supposedly more talented than him. He was the Finals MVP in a series that featured Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen and he outdueled LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony head to head in playoff series. He's beaten every MVP he's ever faced in a playoff series (Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant, Derrick Rose and LeBron James) at least once. As a troll, there's no better feeling than knowing you've beaten someone even though your opponent has all the advantages."

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2015/4/19/8452079/paul-pierce-troll-nba-history-washington-wizards-toronto-raptors

Re: Paul Pierce is the ultimate troll!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 11:48:47 AM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
I would say that not being intimidated and having extreme confidence in one's ability are not advantages that all those other guys had over PP.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 11:54:18 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
The Christian Laetnner of the NBA lol. Laetnner had to be greatest college troll.

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 12:02:11 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
The Christian Laetnner of the NBA lol. Laetnner had to be greatest college troll.

I don't recall Pierce being that much of a troll before.  Think he was trying to provide some vet leadership and Wizards needed it. Beal and Wall were very subpar and they couldn't get the ball to Pierce in the 4th when he's been hot and a HOF playoff performer. Didn't get one shot off and he ain't shy.