Author Topic: Robin Lopez and Danny Green  (Read 3566 times)

Robin Lopez and Danny Green
« on: April 20, 2015, 09:43:59 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Portland will be focused on re-signing Aldridge and S.A. will be obsessed with re-signing Leonard and Duncan and we might be able to steal one or both of these second-tier free agents.

Thoughts??

I really LIKE both of these players.

Smitty77

Re: Robin Lopez and Danny Green
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 09:45:47 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I'll take Lopez but pass on Green.

1. Lopez addresses a much bigger need at the moment, and
2. We don't need any more guards.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 09:49:36 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I like both players. but i am not sure we have a need for Green, we have few similar players on the roaster.  and hopefully Young proves to be valuable next year.

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 10:12:50 AM »

Offline marlon.oddo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I'm not crazy about either player.

I don't want either of the Lopez brothers.  This is a typical situation where you have look at the full circumstances of a player, rather than just his specific statistics.  Robin Lopez fits a niche with Portland.  They have two good scorers and some other players that can score enough (Matthews, Batum).  All he is asked to do is play D and rebound.  He is too skinny and not enough of a physical presence nor does he score enough if he were playing elsewhere.

I never would have guessed that Danny Green scores less than Bradley and I recognize he is probably the 5th scoring option in SA.  His regular season FG % is about the same as Bradley.  He shoots the 3 very well in the regular and post season.  He has good size.  Green would have to double his scoring to be the kind of player we need and I'm just not sure he can get there.  He would be a cheaper option than Butler.  If Green is signed, you then have to get rid of Bradley and then see where James Young fits in.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 10:25:59 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
Robin is an excellent realistic target to me.

27 years old, defense first, protects the rim, not a complete black hole on offense.

The price?
Splitter got 9 mil per year
Gortat got 10 mil per year.

Something in that range will be cool IMO.

Portland will have to make decision on LMA, Matthews and Lopez.

LMA is set to get five-year, $108 million
Matthews should and will get a raise either from Portland or from somebody else. He is their Plus defender next to Lillard, I guess they will sign him.

Can they offer Lopez 10 mil?
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 10:46:40 AM »

Offline Joe Green

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 25
Portland will be focused on re-signing Aldridge and S.A. will be obsessed with re-signing Leonard and Duncan and we might be able to steal one or both of these second-tier free agents.

Thoughts??

Smitty77

I did a long post on why we could and should get Green who is a fantastic fit for our team. I was thinking we steal Ajinca or Okur from Pels but Lopez also fits the bill

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 10:50:17 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
There were some rumours recently that Aldridge was more "in play" than most people thought. I think it was Ramona Shelbourne that reported this. With Portland looking likely to get bounced from the 1st round again this year, I think that could spur Aldridge on to looking at his options outside of Portland.

If Aldridge were to leave, I cannot imagine the Blazers will have much interest in keeping Robin Lopez giving Boston (or whoever) a much improved chance of stealing Lopez away.

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 10:50:47 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
$20 million a year, at least, to add two solid starters at positions where the Celtics have lesser, but still decent, starting caliber players.

Doesn't seem like a smart move at this juncture, even with the cap set to rise.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 05:15:51 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Thoughts??

Smitty77

I did a long post on why we could and should get Green who is a fantastic fit for our team. I was thinking we steal Ajinca or Okur from Pels but Lopez also fits the bill

In no way meant to steal your idea my friend.  Kudos to you for the original post!!

Smitty77

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 05:20:20 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Danny Green has the 7th best defensive rating, 6th best offensive rating, and is 5th overall in ESPN's real plus/minus!!

http://mercyu-s-a.com/about.cfm

He is also shooting about 42% from long range!!!

Can he play SF at 6'6" and 215lbs???

Why not???

If so, what would it take to get him as a FA??

Smitty77

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 05:45:08 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Danny Green has the 7th best defensive rating, 6th best offensive rating, and is 5th overall in ESPN's real plus/minus!!

http://mercyu-s-a.com/about.cfm

He is also shooting about 42% from long range!!!

Can he play SF at 6'6" and 215lbs???

Why not???

If so, what would it take to get him as a FA??

Smitty77

I always kind of thought of him as your prototypical 3&D guy, which attribute more to the SF position so I see no reason why he couldn't play the 3, especially since he is an excellent defender.

My only concern with Green is I am not sure he has the mentality to be a top scoring option on each possession with other teams putting their focus on him. My thinking could just stem from how well he plays his role in the Spurs system, though.

No matter what, I don't think we would necessarily be disappointed with Green, but he probably won't be our savior either.

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 06:01:08 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
?? and no

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 06:15:01 PM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
I've been thinking about Lopez as the most realistic rim protector they can get for less than the max, allowing them to throw the max at a small forward.

Not a big Danny Green fan -- I think he'll struggle outside of the Spurs offense, and we could use someone who can create his own shot -- but give me Lopez and Tobias Harris and I'll be happy.

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 06:35:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I d rather tank ,than put the Brook Lopez HEX on Boston.   He is part of the downfall and misery of the nets

He has been part of and part to the corrupt playing and problems with the Nets . 

Don't want ANY BODY off the nets ......including the emotionless, low energy , old slack Joe Johnson.

Robin Lopez .....that's a different animal ,  apparently has a better motor , mindset and defensive game ......I d take him .....and he is rarely Injured.........he fits Stevens high energy offense and is a better rim protector and rebounder .

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 07:21:58 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'll take Lopez but pass on Green.

1. Lopez addresses a much bigger need at the moment, and
2. We don't need any more guards.

We can trade the other guards to make room for Green, especially Bradley. I'd take Green over him in a heartbeat.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace