Author Topic: Why khris middleton is better then jimmy butler and we should get him.  (Read 6853 times)

Re: Why khris middleton is better then jimmy butler and we should get him.
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2015, 09:39:53 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I thought Butler was the defender.

Butler was an elite defender last year.  He took a step backward this year, because he was spending more energy on offense.  He was still asked to guard the best wing on opposing teams, but his defense wasn't at an all-defense level like it was last season.

Butler is a better player, and has shown more both offensively and defensively.  I think he's the better bet for a large contract, although Chicago isn't letting him go.
A guy who scores 20 ppg on 14 shots is no chopped liver. A guy who scores 13 ppg on 11 shots is ... Avery Bradley. I was also going to make fun of the mammoth 0.5% edge in shooting percentage, but then realized it's a Hawkeye199 thread...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 09:40:13 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Middleton is the more realistic of the two for us to get in terms of being able to acquire him.  I would not want to overpay on him either, though.  He is not a max player but a decent one.

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 09:42:57 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I think Middleton is the more realistic of the two for us to get in terms of being able to acquire him.  I would not want to overpay on him either, though.  He is not a max player but a decent one.
We have enough "decent" players. In particular, we need more players like Isaiah Thomas, not more players like Avery Bradley.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2015, 10:06:56 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
We have enough "decent" players. In particular, we need more players like Isaiah Thomas, not more players like Avery Bradley.

Middleton is better than Bradley, but he's not worth double AB's salary.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2015, 10:44:23 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Did you watch his last game in the playoffs, I am guessing no from your comments.  22 points on 42% three point shooting with Butler guarding him.

He is not top tier, but have we ever signed a top tier?  I agree we need stars but will they come here, I am not so sure.

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2015, 10:48:20 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Did you watch his last game in the playoffs, I am guessing no from your comments.  22 points on 42% three point shooting with Butler guarding him.

He is not top tier, but have we ever signed a top tier?  I agree we need stars but will they come here, I am not so sure.
He took 20 shots and Jimmy Butler got 31 on just 19 shots. but that isnt really relevant because from what I saw of the game (just a highlight package so I could be wrong) Butler more covered GA and it was Dunleavy on Middleton.

Did you watch the game? how much did Butler cover Middleton?

update:
From the highlight package I saw Middleton made 8 shots
Dunleavy covered him on 4 of them (9 points) Gasol on one (a transition 3) Noah on 1 (Butler switched on a pick idk why), Rose on 1, and Butler for 1 (butler fouled him on a J and Middleton hit the ft to make it 3 points.

Thats not what Id call 20 points against Middleton.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 10:56:07 AM by Ilikesports17 »
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.