Author Topic: Why khris middleton is better then jimmy butler and we should get him.  (Read 6874 times)

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131

this is jimmy butler's stats for this year
MPG   FGM-FGA   FG%   3PM-3PA   3P%   FTM-FTA   FT%   RPG   APG   BLKPG  STLPG     PPG
38.7   6.5-14.0   .462   1.1-3.0   .378   5.9-7.1   .834   5.8   3.3   0.6      1.8   20.0

This is khris middleton stats
MPG   FGM-FGA   FG%   3PM-3PA   3P%   FTM-FTA  FT%   RPG   APG   BLKPG STLPG PPG
30.1   5.1-11.0   .467   1.4-3.4   .407   1.7-2.0   .859   4.4   2.3   0.1   1.5   13.4

While jimmy butler has scored more points , khris middleton actually has a better shooting percentage. They are about the same of a  2pt shooting percentage however khri middleton is a better 3pt  by about 30 percent.

khris middleton is acutely a better defender than jimmy butler. khris middleton recently got a lot better.khris middleton also has a much higher plus minus ratio then butler. he is also two years younger then butler.

So I would drat her go for khris middleton than jimmy butler
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I thought Butler was the defender.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Butler was an elite defender last year.  He took a step backward this year, because he was spending more energy on offense.  He was still asked to guard the best wing on opposing teams, but his defense wasn't at an all-defense level like it was last season.

Butler is a better player, and has shown more both offensively and defensively.  I think he's the better bet for a large contract, although Chicago isn't letting him go. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Iggzilla

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
They are about the same of a  2pt shooting percentage however khri middleton is a better 3pt  by about 30 percent.

Don't you mean 3%?

Butler's still the better player between them. Sure, Middleton's the better 3-point shooter, but Butler gets to the line more due to his improved driving game, which I think is more valuable. He's a more diverse scorer and better athlete.

His improvement on the offensive end this year has been amazing. I had him on my fantasy team last year, and he just killed me in the FG% category with all his 3-of-14 or 5-of-17 shooting lines. He's much more efficient now, knowing how to pick his spots and when to attack. I seriously hope we pry him off the Bulls next year.

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

Middleton seems to hold his own as well.

I also thought Butler was more of a 2 while Middleton was a 3. While we don't need anymore guards, I'd much rather have Butler.

If we're just looking at stats nothing stands out more than FTA. Just like IT4, high FTA while being a good FT shooter is so clutch and gain bring you back into games more than a slightly higher fg%.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
I like Middleton but don't love him.  He's hampered by some of the same things that afflict Avery Bradley - he doesn't get to the line enough.  And while he makes threes at a very good clip, he doesn't take enough of them to be an efficient offensive player. 

Not in Butler's class IMO. 

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Middleton would be a great fit as the Cs starting SF. I just cant see the Bucks letting him get away. MCW, Middleton, Giannis and Parker have the potential to be something special.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
They are both very good players. Butler at this point is the more complete player on both ends but the idea behind signing Middleton is that he would actually be attainable and the Bucks may not match higher end offers..and then Middleton hopefully becomes a star.

Their per 36 numbers are very similar except Butler gets to the line more and scores 2 points more per 36 minutes- whilst Middleton has the better long range game.

I'll add that Middleton's usage has gone up since the All Star break and his shots attacking the basket have been better/more efficient than ever.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Timbaland7

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
No more role players, please.  All star or bust.  Middleton is a JAG.  We have a team full of JAGs.  I'm sure he would be a decent addition, but we need a game changer on this team.  Of the two, Butler is closer to that.

Offline farishmj16

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 0
I think it would be great if we went out and spent good money on Middleton. We've got money to spend so why not?

Re: Why khris middleton is better then jimmy butler and we should get him.
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 11:31:37 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm a big Middleton fan but he isn't in the same league as Butler.

Middleton has been a good defender this year but Jimmy Butler has all nba defender potential.

What really separates them is Butler gets to the line at an elite rate while Middleton almost never draws contact.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 10:22:57 PM »

Offline e4sym0de

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
TS%: Butler 58,3 / Midleton 56,3
FTA: Butler 6,6 / Midleton 1,7
TO%: Butler 7,7 / Midleton 10,8
oRtg: Butler 122 / Midleton 109
BoxPlusMinus: Butler 4,7 / Midleton 1,4

Not saying this stats proof you wrong but only because Midleton shoots 3% better from 3pt range doesn´t mean he is a better player, that´s to easy.

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 10:38:33 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Middleton went from grossly underrated to grossly overrated over Jan-Feb. He is a good player, but if both players are getting the max (or near max), then the better investment [by far] is Butler.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not sure how much more Middleton adds compared to our current duo of SFs (Turner/Crowder). I understand that salary cap is increasing in 16-17, but no reason to overpay for  somebody who doesn't necessarily have star potential.

But, Butler - yes, please!

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 09:33:24 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm really tired of headlines and post / article titles that begin an assertive statement with "Why"
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2015, 09:36:16 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Middleton went from grossly underrated to grossly overrated over Jan-Feb. He is a good player, but if both players are getting the max (or near max), then the better investment [by far] is Butler.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not sure how much more Middleton adds compared to our current duo of SFs (Turner/Crowder). I understand that salary cap is increasing in 16-17, but no reason to overpay for  somebody who doesn't necessarily have star potential.

But, Butler - yes, please!

Well, Middleton can actually shoot well from outside, so that would make a big difference.

But generally I agree, Middleton would not make enough of a difference to justify paying him well over 10 million a year to get him.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain