Author Topic: Interesting Article on Kevin Love  (Read 1290 times)

Interesting Article on Kevin Love
« on: April 19, 2015, 02:08:30 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Sounds unlikely that he'll opt out this summer.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2420993-after-all-the-conjecture-playoffs-will-reveal-what-matters-most-to-kevin-love

"...Love is also widely described as financially aware and savvy. In that case, it wouldn't make much sense for him to opt out and sign a long-term deal somewhere else this summer before the television windfall hits the salary cap, with projections for the 2016-17 season of $89 million.

Long article with lots on his personality.  Sounds like he's got a small circle of friends, but is a Slyly funny guy who gets along well ebnough. 

I must say that Bleacher Report is much better these days as far as tthe writers are concerned.  At one time it seemed like a bunch of uninformed fanposts. Can't speak to its consistency across the board, but at one time a link to BR was to be avoided.

Re: Interesting Article on Kevin Love
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 02:18:15 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Bleacher Report sold for huge money and became a legit website, in addition to a slide show.

Well written article.  I do think he's playing well (if maybe a bit banged up actually) but yeah he just doesn't see the ball.  Stats speak for themselves.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 02:35:19 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 02:23:52 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
That would be too bad if he didn't opt out.

He would've been my no 1 free agent target.

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 02:31:14 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477
love puts up stats but doesn't impact games, i've watched a bunch of cavs games this year but i usually don't even notice that he's on the floor. he's like the anti-marcus smart. the cavs can keep him.

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 02:34:33 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
love puts up stats but doesn't impact games, i've watched a bunch of cavs games this year but i usually don't even notice that he's on the floor. he's like the anti-marcus smart. the cavs can keep him.

Article addresses this well.  You would certainly notice if he is not.  His spacing and passing benefit everyone.  He may not see the statistical rewards himself.

For example, help can't come to Kyrie on the perimeter because Love cannot be left open.

On a team without LeBron or Kyrie, he could be doing more but he still does a lot.  As it says in the article, the Cavs offense is almost + 8 with him on the floor and it's negative with him off of it.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 02:46:45 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Love is kinda like an extremely wealthy man's Olynyk, so it make sense that when he's not the featured piece a lot of fans won't register his contributions. 

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 02:55:31 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

Article addresses this well.  You would certainly notice if he is not.  His spacing and passing benefit everyone.  He may not see the statistical rewards himself.

For example, help can't come to Kyrie on the perimeter because Love cannot be left open.

On a team without LeBron or Kyrie, he could be doing more but he still does a lot.  As it says in the article, the Cavs offense is almost + 8 with him on the floor and it's negative with him off of it.

I agree with this and also think the Cavs don't utilize him enough.  Offensively he's a great player and we need offense.  This team is where it is because it got an elite offensive player in Thomas, but we're too dependent on him being on.

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 02:59:24 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Sounds unlikely that he'll opt out this summer.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2420993-after-all-the-conjecture-playoffs-will-reveal-what-matters-most-to-kevin-love

"...Love is also widely described as financially aware and savvy. In that case, it wouldn't make much sense for him to opt out and sign a long-term deal somewhere else this summer before the television windfall hits the salary cap, with projections for the 2016-17 season of $89 million.

Long article with lots on his personality.  Sounds like he's got a small circle of friends, but is a Slyly funny guy who gets along well ebnough. 

I must say that Bleacher Report is much better these days as far as tthe writers are concerned.  At one time it seemed like a bunch of uninformed fanposts. Can't speak to its consistency across the board, but at one time a link to BR was to be avoided.
He could opt out and then sign a new deal that allows him to opt out after next year. He would get a raise next year plus the ability to be a free agent when the cap jumps.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19