Author Topic: Moral Victories  (Read 4987 times)

Re: Moral VictoriesOuch
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 04:07:29 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Oops = wrong thread.

Re: Moral Victories
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 04:08:03 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Moral victory 3:   We almost played the second best team in the east close for two quarters of playoff basketball before getting steamrolled

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 04:53:56 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Moral victory 4:   Showing resolve under insurmountable odds and making a bit of a run instead of rolling over

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2015, 05:04:40 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Meh.  This whole season was a moral victory.  What are we doing to reach the point where we'll get actual victories?

This game is painful, even if it's exactly what I was expecting.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 05:35:16 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
MOral victory 5:  Scored 100 points in a nationally televised game.  The stats should help the trade value of our players a bit.  Olynyk turned some heads.

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2015, 05:37:24 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Moral victory #1 - We won the first quarter on National television.  Way to go.  Hopefully opposing team scouts turn off the TV and miss the rest of this  game where we inevitably get dominated.

LOL c'mon man stop playing the pessimist role. You play it well.

For once, let's have some faith.
Being realistic here.  This team has no chance in hell.

Moral victory 2:  Marcus smart played rather well for a rookie. Didn't come in scared.  Learned some lessons.

Moral Victory 5:

Where is your apology thread for stating that BOS wouldn't even get this far? Especially after the trades of Rajon Rondo and JG?

You are an opportunist when it comes to the obvious, but are not seen (or seen too little) when BOS achieves the impossible (such as even playing CLE in late April).

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2015, 05:37:59 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
MOral victory 5:  Scored 100 points in a nationally televised game.  The stats should help the trade value of our players a bit.  Olynyk turned some heads.

KO turned heads in the first quarter.  I don't think any of them really got anybody's attention after that.

Maybe Crowder with his hustle and earnest attempts to defend LeBron, hapless as they were.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2015, 05:47:33 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Moral victory #1 - We won the first quarter on National television.  Way to go.  Hopefully opposing team scouts turn off the TV and miss the rest of this  game where we inevitably get dominated.

Moral victory 2:  Marcus smart played rather well for a rookie. Didn't come in scared.  Learned some lessons.
Where is your apology thread for stating that BOS wouldn't even get this far? Especially after the trades of Rajon Rondo and JG?

Posted about it a while ago.  I had us pegged for 15-25 wins with the opening day roster.  We didn't keep the opening day roster.   Removing Rondo and Green cleaned up a lot of the mess. 

Also posted this a few days ago:  "Team Deserves Applause"  http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=77599.0

Regardless of the fact we're going to get destroyed by the Cavs, I think we had an impressive season.  We should hover around 32-45 wins for the foreseeable future without significant roster additions.

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2015, 06:17:29 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Posted about it a while ago.  I had us pegged for 15-25 wins with the opening day roster.  We didn't keep the opening day roster.   Removing Rondo and Green cleaned up a lot of the mess. 

Also posted this a few days ago:  "Team Deserves Applause"  http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=77599.0

Regardless of the fact we're going to get destroyed by the Cavs, I think we had an impressive season. We should hover around 32-45 wins for the foreseeable future without significant roster additions.

LOL C'mon man we were like 20-12 since ASB.

Even "IF" we don't make any roster additions, going forward this team will be plus 500. Marcus will be better, AB will get better, everyone here will get better. And we're still young.

If this team continues to buy in next season, even without any significant additions we'll be plus 500.

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2015, 06:20:17 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Regardless of the fact we're going to get destroyed by the Cavs, I think we had an impressive season. We should hover around 32-45 wins for the foreseeable future without significant roster additions.

LOL C'mon man we were like 20-12 since ASB.

Even "IF" we don't make any roster additions, going forward this team will be plus 500. Marcus will be better, AB will get better, everyone here will get better. And we're still young.

If this team continues to buy in next season, even without any significant additions we'll be plus 500.

I agree with this.  This team, as is, next year, could be as high as a four or five seed in the East. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2015, 06:29:32 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Being realistic here. This team has no chance in hell.

Then why even show up and play?

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2015, 06:32:01 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Moral Victory number 6 will be when you stop posting about moral victories.

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2015, 06:33:26 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm not quite ready to put a check in the moral victory box, but I feel we are well on our way. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2015, 06:33:48 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Good things to be taken away from the game
1. Defense in the second half was good, if they can play the same defense and rebound at a better rate the C's have a hnce to win a game or two
2. Kyrie isn't going to do this every game, he hit a lot of contested shots that might not fall every game
3. Smart looked good taking the ball to the bucket a couple times
4. No one on the cavs can stay in front of IT
5. Bradley isn't going to play this bad the entire series

I am coming into this series expecting a sweep so anything they show is icing on the cake.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2015, 07:04:03 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Idk, I was pretty impressed with them. They'll be lucky to win a game, so being down less than 10 with under 5 minutes to go is pretty good . The 12-0 run when the game was starting to slip away was good. Marcus played pretty well, CLE doesn't seem to have an answer for IT. I think they displayed their usual toughness and tenacity. If that game was called a little bit more fairly (The Cavs are gonna get calls we don't get, but good lord that was bad), we would've probably been right in it at the end. We usually take excellent care of the ball and today we didn't, that won't continue all series. AB will play better and Irving won't do that every day. Based off that game alone, I think we can certainly steal a game or two if things go well.

Which would be great, I'm hoping for a good series from some key guys, and I want to walk away from the series saying "Everyone can see their just a player or two away from making serious noise" because that combined with Brads rising star around the league can get us a guy (Looking at you Kevin Love and DMC) that says " I can take that team to the next step".