Author Topic: Marcus Smart  (Read 4623 times)

Marcus Smart
« on: April 19, 2015, 03:37:25 AM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
This guy to me is a beast and a player with ridiculous upside if he works every single day like its the last one! I wanted Kevin O'Connor to give me his thoughts but I also want to hear everyone on this too! So this is what I sent him!

(You can click the image, it zooms out XD )

What do you guys think! :D ? Thank you for the replies, I am new here XD Ahsan, 21, from Greece XD Yo xD (Support Panathinaikos BC if anyone knows European Basketball xD )
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 07:00:26 AM by ashanm10 »
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

Re: Marcus Smart
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 06:12:24 AM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
If you look at last years draft now, it sure looks like Marcus was the steal of the draft. Its not about numbers with this guy, he's tough, aggressive, already one of the best defenders in the league, and just plain knows hoe to play the game. 

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 06:57:06 AM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
from his draft class, we have yet to see jabari parker as well but Marcus is a really mature player. However I wonder what his shooting ceiling will be and when will he start driving more often etc. Which players would you compare him to? What kind of player can he be? Can he ever be the best PG/SG?
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 07:38:50 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
?????? !!! He will be a beast.. 15-18p 7-8as 5-6r 2-3steals in 2 years... combo gurad defensive destroyer...

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 07:39:35 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
Guard.. panatha!!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 07:44:04 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
Billups-tony allen combined

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 07:48:15 AM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
ooo billups is an interesting comparison xD you think he will have that a good shot? XD Being Mr. Big Shot and a defensive pitbull is a rare breed XDDD I hope he can make it there! I want him to work on his athleticism though! If he could be quicker,  maybe he could drive in and just steam roll over everyone lol XD

We shall see after this playoff series with the Cavs! We will get a glimpse at least :)

Ah! Panathinaikos -13- <3 Dimitris Diamantidis should have tried the NBA :P
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 09:19:06 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Dennis Johnson 2.0.

Whatever it takes to win.

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 09:43:12 AM »

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 36
Dennis Johnson 2.0.

He reminds me a lot of DJ same build physically, both thrive under pressure, intense, Tommy Points machines, lock down defenders, high IQ, unselfish, clutch, team players.

I would expect him to develop his ball handling and PG skills and shooting so that he would be a better scorer and passer (he has outstanding passing instincts). It's true, his upside is very high. I think he can reach 20 pts/6ast/5reb in one or more seasons.

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 10:16:26 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Dennis Johnson 2.0.

He reminds me a lot of DJ same build physically, both thrive under pressure, intense, Tommy Points machines, lock down defenders, high IQ, unselfish, clutch, team players.

I would expect him to develop his ball handling and PG skills and shooting so that he would be a better scorer and passer (he has outstanding passing instincts). It's true, his upside is very high. I think he can reach 20 pts/6ast/5reb in one or more seasons.

Also the ability to draw charges. But I have never seen anyone draw a charge and then reach out and steal the ball as he is falling to the floor. Smart did that last week. That was amazing.

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 10:49:22 AM »

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 36
Dennis Johnson 2.0.

Also the ability to draw charges. But I have never seen anyone draw a charge and then reach out and steal the ball as he is falling to the floor. Smart did that last week. That was amazing.

I love his defense. Future candidate for DPOY. Anyway, I think that this guy will change as a player in the playoffs. Next season, I think he will improve drastically due to his drive and work ethic. James Young should be able to contribute as well next season if he will bulk up his frame and I hope Smart's work ethic could affect Young's one so that he will be a good player. What do you guys think about the potential backcourt of Smart & Young if they reach their ceilings?

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 11:09:38 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
?????? !!! He will be a beast.. 15-18p 7-8as 5-6r 2-3steals in 2 years... combo gurad defensive destroyer...

I don't know about that, those numbers would make him one one of the beat players in the league. Hopefully he does reach this height though.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 11:15:34 AM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
Dennis Johnson is how he is now or how he will be later lol?

hes got way more upside than him too I believe :D I really want to believe in Smart's work ethic and how he could little by little earn the respect of the league and get to the top as hes got the physicality to do it and the correct demeanor to make it there! Many great players were underrated such as Johnson and I think Smart kinda is hidden as well! I think through this series, all health being well, he can try to prove how as a rookie he can make a huge impact! I cant wait to see how he develops! Just a player that we can love watching him play and hope he can continue to prove us right and be with the Celtics for many years to come! (Hopefully with titles too ;P) His defense for a rookie though is unbelievable! His natural instincts are wild! XDD I am really glad we drafted him!

Hope we can side good players with him this offseason! Who do you guys think would fit with him best? Say that we only have Smart, lets think of the rest 14 :)

@Maurice 98,  James Young has a natural offensive skill. He has to polish it to make it efficient coz so far as what I have managed to see abit from him in the D-League, his competition there is low and hence he gets to score alot which doesnt mean anything I believe... I generally believe him to be a raw player...as you said he need definitely needs to bulk up! He might even grow abit seeing he is only 19 right? But yea, being in this wonderful squad we have assembled, with people like Crowder, Smart and others, he can be inspired to work as it seems the whole world has taken to notice that he is waaaaaay too relaxed for a player who entered the NBA! Hopefully he realizes this offseason and show us his work in the summer league! Smart's ceiling cannot be told at the moment XD We really should wait 2-3 years and then assume (As during all this time, hopefully he will be healthy and we can then give our ideas :D ) as for Young, I wish he could turn out to be a Harden or any offensive killer as this team is seriously lacking one of those guys (Thomas is a killer but Young could be a beast with the same skills as he is physically a more fit NBA basketball player) For now, Young is pretty meh...but lets hope he can at least be a sixth man of the year type of player who can drain it from anywhere and make plays!
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 11:24:57 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Welcome, TP and go Cs.

I like the Baron Davis on offense, Gary Payton on defense comparison.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2015, 11:41:54 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
One of the most amazing things about Smart in my opinion is that I totally forget that he is in his rookie season. He does not play like a rookie at all.