Poll

What do you think of the plan bellow?

Hell yea, this could be achieved and we would be contenders right away
3 (13.6%)
Well, this would never happen, but would put us in the path for a championship
11 (50%)
This could happen, but won't be good for the franchise
1 (4.5%)
This would not only not happen, but is a terrible idea, you suck!
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: How Crazy Would This Be?  (Read 4096 times)

How Crazy Would This Be?
« on: April 18, 2015, 10:19:59 PM »

Offline rhaces

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Not even the first game of playoffs and yes, I'm looking for next season's roster. I have to say that anything I say here I say it without any knowledge of cap space, salaries so this will probably be not only crazy but impossible but here I go.

I believe we have a great future, we have plenty of very talented players, some might have all star caliber, however we need a few pieces to solve the puzzle. I believe here's were we stand for 2015 and maybe for the future:
  • I believe we are well covered in the 1 and 2 (we can have good rotation between Smart, Bradley, Turner and Thomas), maybe keep Pressey too
  • I think we have a solid young supporting role in the 4 and 5 with Olynik, Sully and Zeller however I would definitely try looking to improve, specially on the 5
  • I think on the 3 we have a very promising young player (yea Young I mean) and a very decent backup on Crowder (if we get Jerebko back, I wouldn't mind), however we definitely need a star here
With this said, here's the crazy idea:
  • Backcourt: Leave it as is, rotate Smart, Bradley, Evans and Thomas
  • On the 3: Get an ALL Star with some kind of trade and magic made by Danny: KEVIN DURANT.
  • Also on the 3: Get The Captain back. He has a player option, it would be just a matter of having Danny convince him of waving his option and coming back, offer him an immediate retirement of his number in his last game of the season and a place in the office
  • On 4: Let Olynik and Sully rotate, draft someone and develop
  • Finally, On 5: Get the best Center in the game, Marc Gasol. Danny would need to pitch to him a plan like this convincing him we could get 2 or 3 championships in the next 5 years
  • If Marc Gasol doesn't happen: There could be a few of nice additions: Brooke Lopez, Roy Hibbert and Big Al (Get Big Al back) have a player option, DeAndre is unrestricted, any of those would work

I truly believe something like this would put us in contention for the title, and most of it seems feasible (except maybe getting Durant, but Danny has done miracles so I trust), what do you guys thing? Is this something feasible? is this something that would make the Celtics a Championship contender?

Re: How Crazy Would This Be?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 11:09:56 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Not even the first game of playoffs and yes, I'm looking for next season's roster. I have to say that anything I say here I say it without any knowledge of cap space, salaries so this will probably be not only crazy but impossible but here I go.

I believe we have a great future, we have plenty of very talented players, some might have all star caliber, however we need a few pieces to solve the puzzle. I believe here's were we stand for 2015 and maybe for the future:
  • I believe we are well covered in the 1 and 2 (we can have good rotation between Smart, Bradley, Turner and Thomas), maybe keep Pressey too
  • I think we have a solid young supporting role in the 4 and 5 with Olynik, Sully and Zeller however I would definitely try looking to improve, specially on the 5
  • I think on the 3 we have a very promising young player (yea Young I mean) and a very decent backup on Crowder (if we get Jerebko back, I wouldn't mind), however we definitely need a star here
With this said, here's the crazy idea:
  • Backcourt: Leave it as is, rotate Smart, Bradley, Evans and Thomas
  • On the 3: Get an ALL Star with some kind of trade and magic made by Danny: KEVIN DURANT.
  • Also on the 3: Get The Captain back. He has a player option, it would be just a matter of having Danny convince him of waving his option and coming back, offer him an immediate retirement of his number in his last game of the season and a place in the office
  • On 4: Let Olynik and Sully rotate, draft someone and develop
[/b]
  • Finally, On 5: Get the best Center in the game, Marc Gasol. Danny would need to pitch to him a plan like this convincing him we could get 2 or 3 championships in the next 5 years
  • If Marc Gasol doesn't happen: There could be a few of nice additions: Brooke Lopez, Roy Hibbert and Big Al (Get Big Al back) have a player option, DeAndre is unrestricted, any of those would work

I truly believe something like this would put us in contention for the title, and most of it seems feasible (except maybe getting Durant, but Danny has done miracles so I trust), what do you guys thing? Is this something feasible? is this something that would make the Celtics a Championship contender?

There's no way I stick with Olynyk and Sully at the 4. Olynyk turns the ball over too much, lousy on defense and inconsistent on offense. As for Sully, he slows the pace of the team down.

Much rather upgrade at the 4 with a free agent like Love or Monroe.

Love the idea of getting back Pierce and going after a free agent at the 5 like Gasol, Jordan, Lopez or Big Al.

I don't think the Durant thing is happening.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 11:44:05 AM »

Offline rhaces

• Jaden Springer
There's no way I stick with Olynyk and Sully at the 4. Olynyk turns the ball over too much, lousy on defense and inconsistent on offense. As for Sully, he slows the pace of the team down.

Much rather upgrade at the 4 with a free agent like Love or Monroe.

Love the idea of getting back Pierce and going after a free agent at the 5 like Gasol, Jordan, Lopez or Big Al.

I don't think the Durant thing is happening.

I agree on you that Sully and Olynik are not a star level, however adding a big star Center would help them a lot. I would obviously LOVE Love... but no way he will leave Cleveland, he will definitely take the option

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 11:49:57 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
I'm sorry but Turner has to go, he can grab boards and pile up his assists totals but the guy can't effectively score which is what we need from someone in this position(Pierce, Bird) this is just common sense.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 01:16:34 PM »

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 36
I'm sorry but Turner has to go, he can grab boards and pile up his assists totals but the guy can't effectively score which is what we need from someone in this position(Pierce, Bird) this is just common sense.

I'm sorry Larry Bird is not walking through that door fans, Kevin McHale is not walking through that door and Robert Parish is not walking through that door. Lol just joking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRik9erWgQ8

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 01:26:06 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think there's realistically zero chance of acquiring either Durant or Gasol, let alone both.  I'd love it to happen, but there's no way to get there.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 12:13:49 AM »

Offline rhaces

• Jaden Springer
Comparing Evan Turner with Paul Pierce and Larry Bird is one of the worst things you, as a Celtic, can do, plus they play different positions, Turner is a Guard, while Pierce and Bird are Forwards.

By the way, see attached screenshot, this has to be one of the funniest coincidences, you don't like Evan Turner, though the forum says you are an Evan Turner... LOL!!!

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 12:15:38 AM »

Offline rhaces

• Jaden Springer
Comparing Evan Turner with Paul Pierce and Larry Bird is one of the worst things you, as a Celtic, can do, plus they play different positions, Turner is a Guard, while Pierce and Bird are Forwards.

By the way, see attached screenshot, this has to be one of the funniest coincidences, you don't like Evan Turner, though the forum says you are an Evan Turner... LOL!!!

I mean, he can play forward but he is mainly a guard, and in my post I mention to keep him as a 1-2

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 12:31:55 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
HOW CRAZY WOULD IT BE IF KELLY OLYNYK RODE INTO THE GARDEN FOR GAME 3 ON A UNICORN?!?!?!

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 01:08:23 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
HOW CRAZY WOULD IT BE IF KELLY OLYNYK RODE INTO THE GARDEN FOR GAME 3 ON A UNICORN?!?!?!

Hahahahaha TP!

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 04:19:09 AM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
I think I'm starting to understand why Celticsbloggers insist on talking about the offseason in the middle of the playoffs. It is because the new Celtics fans think other people care about their wild/never going to happen trade ideas. Why else would someone make a post just before game 2 against the Cavs about trades that will never happen? If you have given up on this year's team thats cool just wait to post these ridiculous offseason ideas until the offseason, you will have 6 months to post your impossible trade ideas, can you give us real fans a couple weeks of playoff blogging? Is that too much to ask to talk about the playoffs when the team is in the playoffs?

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 09:25:32 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think I'm starting to understand why Celticsbloggers insist on talking about the offseason in the middle of the playoffs. It is because the new Celtics fans think other people care about their wild/never going to happen trade ideas. Why else would someone make a post just before game 2 against the Cavs about trades that will never happen? If you have given up on this year's team thats cool just wait to post these ridiculous offseason ideas until the offseason, you will have 6 months to post your impossible trade ideas, can you give us real fans a couple weeks of playoff blogging? Is that too much to ask to talk about the playoffs when the team is in the playoffs?

Well, there are different parts of the forums for a reason.  There's room for different types of discussion happening at once.

There are only so many ways we can dissect how the Celtics are hugely outgunned in this series that will most likely end in 4-5 games with a lopsided margin of victory.

It would be nice, though, if people took some time to read through the forums and kind of self-edit their own post ideas -- has substantially the same thing been posted before?  Is this idea at all plausible or likely to lead to an interesting discussion?  Would this post fit within an already existing thread?  Am I just posting this to get a reaction, or do I actually have something to talk about?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 09:37:13 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Not half as crazy as you for proposing this idea.  I think an icecube has a better chance in heck than we do at getting Durant.

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 10:21:41 AM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Isn't Hibbert on the fence with returning to Indy? I think the only thing that will make him take his player option is the 15 million hes promised,  Like people said awhile ago, I think his career will be rejuvenated here. I think one more star pickup and promise to be big piece of our rebuild  will make him  consider  leaving the PAcers IMO

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2015, 10:21:56 AM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Isn't Hibbert on the fence with returning to Indy? I think the only thing that will make him take his player option is the 15 million hes promised,  Like people said awhile ago, I think his career will be rejuvenated here. I think one more star pickup and promise to be big piece of our rebuild  will make him  consider  leaving the Pacers IMO