Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015  (Read 485267 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015
« Reply #2715 on: May 28, 2015, 01:56:55 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Even being gift-wrapped an excellent roster, it'd still be an incredible accomplishment for Kerr to win the title in his first year.

Well, you have to compare what Kerr is doing with the roster to what Marc Jackson did with it previously. It makes Kerr look like Red Auerbach.

Momma there goes that man ::) ;D. *facepalm*

« Reply #2716 on: May 28, 2015, 01:58:03 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Lol ;D at Harden, btw.  Wow.  Does anyone else hate watching him play?  He just seems to ruin everything, haha ;D. Breakfast defector or not ;) ::) (sarcasm), he needs to learn to play off the ball, because everything stalls when he has it, imo.  Man, and people thought that Rondo dribbled the air out of the ball ::).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 02:03:06 AM by Beat LA »

« Reply #2717 on: May 28, 2015, 02:32:33 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
LeBrute is about to get his 3rd, I think they run through GSW because they haven't been there and LBJ alone has been there 5 times. Experience is huge. Hope it doesn't look like the drubbing OKC took. Ugh, I hate this.

1991 Bulls certainly didn't let their lack of experience get to them especially considering they were playing 5 time champion Magic Johnson. Not to mention no one besides James has been there on the Cavs, or atleast none of their most vital players (Marion, Perk, Haywood, Miller and Jones are hardly anything anymore).

I think the difference between this years Warriors and 2012s Thunder was that the Thunder had no answers for the Heats small ball lineups because they played Perk way too much. The Warriors are much better defensively and have a lot more depth than the Thunder and  they have quite a few guys who can match up with Lebron. The 2012 Thunder had Durant and that was about it. They tried putting harden on Lebron and that was hilarious.

I feel you but man, that's like 1 and few in between. LBJ is unstopable at this point. JR Smith is a flame thrower, Shump will lock in on Curry (if old man Jet can do good at times then imagine), Dellava (w/e) is going to take out someone and Thompson is killing it on the boards and putbacks. I just hope I'm wrong but LBJ is so close, I think it will be hard to stop him at this point. He is taking on every aspect of the game and killing it. I knew when he got his first chip, it would be hard to knock him back down to Earth.

I'm also just tired of arguing against him winning, he just keeps going. Ticks me off but I'm getting over it. Guess I'll just call him the victor until he isn't (he is b/c SA is out). Also, no one is turning off the air.

I don't think you're giving the Warriors enough credit and giving too much credit to the Cavs. The Cavs haven't faced anyone thats really that good while the Warriors have faced very challenging teams (Rockets and Grizzlies are one notch better than any team the Cavs have faced this year in the playoffs. Its not even close). People thought Lebron was an unstoppable force heading into last years finals and thats not what happened. While Iguodala isnt Kawhi Leonard, he is still a scrappy defensive player who can give Lebron trouble. The Warriors can also throw Barnes and Green at Lebron is they so choose and they can afford to because Thompson nor Mozgov are offensive juggernauts although they are very active bigs.

Shumperts good defensively but he's the only tough player on the perimeter on the Cavs and he'll also have Thompson to worry about. Currys not someone who gets shut down 1-on-1 but more gets shut down when the perimeter is locked down because his specialty is finding openings around 3-pt land. Memphis could do that because they had multiple great defensive guards with Tony Allen, Courtney Lee, and Mike Conley that could close the gaps and read his cuts. The Cavs have Shumpert and thats about it. Not to mention Shumpert won't be starting, that will be Smith and Irving, who aren't the best defensive duo. That will be a struggle especially with Thompson there with him. Plus, I think Draymond Green's impact on defense is stronger than Shumperts is. Especially since he'll be paired with Bogut.

Im not underestimating Lebron he will bring it, but the Warriors have too deep of a team for them to lose to a reeling Cavs team that pulled out of the conference because the east was as weak as it got this year.

Think of the 2008 Celtics (Who the Warriors have been compared to due to the similar point differentials). No one on the team had championship experience outside of Posey and Cassell. In fact KG had a reputation for being scared of the big moment at the time. They were going up against Kobe and the Lakers. Kobe, the reigning MVP and top 5 shooting guard of all time, had plenty of championship experience under his belt with Phil Jackson, one of the best coaches in NBA history. Not to mention his supporting cast was KILLING IT leading up to the finals. Celtics stopped them in their tracks simply because they utilized their assets the best they could and they were simply the better team. And to think, the 08 Celtics struggled a lot more in the playoffs than the Warriors have this year. I don't expect it to be an easy sweep, but I don't see the Warriors losing.

« Reply #2718 on: May 28, 2015, 03:12:02 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
LeBrute is about to get his 3rd, I think they run through GSW because they haven't been there and LBJ alone has been there 5 times. Experience is huge. Hope it doesn't look like the drubbing OKC took. Ugh, I hate this.

1991 Bulls certainly didn't let their lack of experience get to them especially considering they were playing 5 time champion Magic Johnson. Not to mention no one besides James has been there on the Cavs, or atleast none of their most vital players (Marion, Perk, Haywood, Miller and Jones are hardly anything anymore).

I think the difference between this years Warriors and 2012s Thunder was that the Thunder had no answers for the Heats small ball lineups because they played Perk way too much. The Warriors are much better defensively and have a lot more depth than the Thunder and  they have quite a few guys who can match up with Lebron. The 2012 Thunder had Durant and that was about it. They tried putting harden on Lebron and that was hilarious.

I feel you but man, that's like 1 and few in between. LBJ is unstopable at this point. JR Smith is a flame thrower, Shump will lock in on Curry (if old man Jet can do good at times then imagine), Dellava (w/e) is going to take out someone and Thompson is killing it on the boards and putbacks. I just hope I'm wrong but LBJ is so close, I think it will be hard to stop him at this point. He is taking on every aspect of the game and killing it. I knew when he got his first chip, it would be hard to knock him back down to Earth.

I'm also just tired of arguing against him winning, he just keeps going. Ticks me off but I'm getting over it. Guess I'll just call him the victor until he isn't (he is b/c SA is out). Also, no one is turning off the air.

I don't think you're giving the Warriors enough credit and giving too much credit to the Cavs. The Cavs haven't faced anyone thats really that good while the Warriors have faced very challenging teams (Rockets and Grizzlies are one notch better than any team the Cavs have faced this year in the playoffs. Its not even close). People thought Lebron was an unstoppable force heading into last years finals and thats not what happened. While Iguodala isnt Kawhi Leonard, he is still a scrappy defensive player who can give Lebron trouble. The Warriors can also throw Barnes and Green at Lebron is they so choose and they can afford to because Thompson nor Mozgov are offensive juggernauts although they are very active bigs.

Shumperts good defensively but he's the only tough player on the perimeter on the Cavs and he'll also have Thompson to worry about. Currys not someone who gets shut down 1-on-1 but more gets shut down when the perimeter is locked down because his specialty is finding openings around 3-pt land. Memphis could do that because they had multiple great defensive guards with Tony Allen, Courtney Lee, and Mike Conley that could close the gaps and read his cuts. The Cavs have Shumpert and thats about it. Not to mention Shumpert won't be starting, that will be Smith and Irving, who aren't the best defensive duo. That will be a struggle especially with Thompson there with him. Plus, I think Draymond Green's impact on defense is stronger than Shumperts is. Especially since he'll be paired with Bogut.

Im not underestimating Lebron he will bring it, but the Warriors have too deep of a team for them to lose to a reeling Cavs team that pulled out of the conference because the east was as weak as it got this year.

Think of the 2008 Celtics (Who the Warriors have been compared to due to the similar point differentials). No one on the team had championship experience outside of Posey and Cassell. In fact KG had a reputation for being scared of the big moment at the time. They were going up against Kobe and the Lakers. Kobe, the reigning MVP and top 5 shooting guard of all time, had plenty of championship experience under his belt with Phil Jackson, one of the best coaches in NBA history. Not to mention his supporting cast was KILLING IT leading up to the finals. Celtics stopped them in their tracks simply because they utilized their assets the best they could and they were simply the better team. And to think, the 08 Celtics struggled a lot more in the playoffs than the Warriors have this year. I don't expect it to be an easy sweep, but I don't see the Warriors losing.

I'm telling you, we all have been saying what will happen to LBJ's teams every season when he runs into this team or that 1 and since he has won the chip no team has stopped him except SA. I'll give to you east being worse than the west but who knows how those teams would have fared against him if they made it instead of the spurs, as I said, they ran through them last season but it was a battle the other 2 times, if LBJ could beat/hang with the spurs, what makes you think he couldn't beat the teams the spurs did? It's easy to say any team from the west could have taken Mia down but I can just as easily say the opposite and neither one of has any proof either way.

In my "heart", I think GSW has the talent/players to win it but that's probably just my bias against LBJ talking. So instead of being disappointed yet again, I will just give in and say it's LBJ's until it's proven otherwise.  The last 4 seasons it has been him or the spurs and one of them has already been sent fishing. Let's not also forget history, usually the winner is a team/player who already won it. I know Cavs haven't won it but out of GSW vs. LeBronettes,  The Lebrons have the most champions on their team. Champions are going to Champ :(.

It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #2719 on: May 28, 2015, 07:51:51 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
My hope is with Curry and crew .......I don't care about record ....they are the under dog.

But my money is on LeBron wearing them out ....forcing his will every night .....he is on a mission and I just don't think the Warrior can shoot lights out enough to best him.

« Reply #2720 on: June 04, 2015, 09:26:46 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
And the Queen getting calls already  ::)

« Reply #2721 on: June 04, 2015, 09:29:26 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

« Reply #2722 on: June 04, 2015, 09:30:02 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
And the Queen getting calls already  ::)

Should have two fouls

« Reply #2723 on: June 04, 2015, 09:33:18 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Lebron is just too good.  Cavs win this.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #2724 on: June 04, 2015, 09:36:10 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Ok Golden St, wake up.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #2725 on: June 04, 2015, 09:36:13 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
If there's one thing the Cavs can be commended on for this whole postseason, it's offensive rebounds.  All playoffs they've come up with great offensive rebounds, especially at key times too.

Whistles seem to be going Cleveland's way early on.  You could argue Lebron getting that 1st foul less than a minute into the game was actually terrible for Golden State...cause there's no way the refs would put Lebron on the bench early in the 1st quarter.

So far though, the Warriors haven't played that well.  Some really bad shots.  The numerous slow starts they've had in these playoffs felt like a pretty underplayed story. 

« Reply #2726 on: June 04, 2015, 09:37:06 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
Lebron is just too good.  Cavs win this.

Well when he gets to do whatever he wants out there without penalty it's no wonder. The level of defensive physicality that Cleveland is allowed to get away with compared to other teams is just ridiculous.

« Reply #2727 on: June 04, 2015, 09:37:33 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
This year's playoffs has shown that the notion of West being better than East is way exaggerated. 

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #2728 on: June 04, 2015, 09:38:38 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2152
WOW, JR Smith. WOW
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #2729 on: June 04, 2015, 09:41:37 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Given how that quarter went, I bet the Warriors are actually pretty happy to only be down 10.  I'm already getting the sense that Lebron may play 45 minutes every night this series.  I don't expect him to leave the court very often.