Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015  (Read 486754 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015
« Reply #2700 on: May 27, 2015, 11:55:47 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Even being gift-wrapped an excellent roster, it'd still be an incredible accomplishment for Kerr to win the title in his first year.

Well, you have to compare what Kerr is doing with the roster to what Marc Jackson did with it previously. It makes Kerr look like Red Auerbach.

« Reply #2701 on: May 27, 2015, 11:59:30 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
So what does the NBA do to keep the viewers engaged for the next week?

« Reply #2702 on: May 28, 2015, 12:01:13 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Start making deflated basketballs maybe...I mean that's what happened before the Superbowl.  ::) ::) ::)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2703 on: May 28, 2015, 12:05:23 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Even being gift-wrapped an excellent roster, it'd still be an incredible accomplishment for Kerr to win the title in his first year.

I guess you could say the same thing about Blatt, but there are two key differences: 1) he was already a long-time coach in Europe, and 2) he has Lebron freaking James.

« Reply #2704 on: May 28, 2015, 12:12:13 AM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!

Riley Curry interviews every day.

« Reply #2705 on: May 28, 2015, 12:30:31 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
LeBrute is about to get his 3rd, I think they run through GSW because they haven't been there and LBJ alone has been there 5 times. Experience is huge. Hope it doesn't look like the drubbing OKC took. Ugh, I hate this.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #2706 on: May 28, 2015, 12:35:39 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Dwight is such a cheap shot artist...same dog, old tricks.

I remember being fearful he would hurt any of the C's during the 2010 series by swinging those elbows.

« Reply #2707 on: May 28, 2015, 12:38:15 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
LeBrute is about to get his 3rd, I think they run through GSW because they haven't been there and LBJ alone has been there 5 times. Experience is huge. Hope it doesn't look like the drubbing OKC took. Ugh, I hate this.

1991 Bulls certainly didn't let their lack of experience get to them especially considering they were playing 5 time champion Magic Johnson. Not to mention no one besides James has been there on the Cavs, or atleast none of their most vital players (Marion, Perk, Haywood, Miller and Jones are hardly anything anymore).

I think the difference between this years Warriors and 2012s Thunder was that the Thunder had no answers for the Heats small ball lineups because they played Perk way too much. The Warriors are much better defensively and have a lot more depth than the Thunder and  they have quite a few guys who can match up with Lebron. The 2012 Thunder had Durant and that was about it. They tried putting harden on Lebron and that was hilarious.

« Reply #2708 on: May 28, 2015, 12:52:34 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Riley Curry interviews every day.

Gag!!

All the Currys are sooo dang cute.

Almost makes me want to root for the villain-brute with the wrinkled forehead and the receding hairline. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #2709 on: May 28, 2015, 01:00:44 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

1991 Bulls certainly didn't let their lack of experience get to them especially considering they were playing 5 time champion Magic Johnson. Not to mention no one besides James has been there on the Cavs, or atleast none of their most vital players (Marion, Perk, Haywood, Miller and Jones are hardly anything anymore).

I think the difference between this years Warriors and 2012s Thunder was that the Thunder had no answers for the Heats small ball lineups because they played Perk way too much. The Warriors are much better defensively and have a lot more depth than the Thunder and  they have quite a few guys who can match up with Lebron. The 2012 Thunder had Durant and that was about it. They tried putting harden on Lebron and that was hilarious.

I feel you but man, that's like 1 and few in between. LBJ is unstopable at this point. JR Smith is a flame thrower, Shump will lock in on Curry (if old man Jet can do good at times then imagine), Dellava (w/e) is going to take out someone and Thompson is killing it on the boards and putbacks. I just hope I'm wrong but LBJ is so close, I think it will be hard to stop him at this point. He is taking on every aspect of the game and killing it. I knew when he got his first chip, it would be hard to knock him back down to Earth.

I'm also just tired of arguing against him winning, he just keeps going. Ticks me off but I'm getting over it. Guess I'll just call him the victor until he isn't (he is b/c SA is out). Also, no one is turning off the air.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #2710 on: May 28, 2015, 01:11:09 AM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!
It doesn't matter what LeBron does. The Warriors are a better team and the Cavs are too banged up.

« Reply #2711 on: May 28, 2015, 01:12:35 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
It doesn't matter what LeBron does. The Warriors are a better team and the Cavs are too banged up.

Again, how many times can we all say that, he just keeps pulling through. It makes me sick but it is what it is.

« Reply #2712 on: May 28, 2015, 01:13:25 AM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!
How about in last year's Finals? The East is a train wreck right now.

« Reply #2713 on: May 28, 2015, 01:36:44 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
How about in last year's Finals? The East is a train wreck right now.

Spurs are out, the one team who knew how to win more than LBJ. I could see GSW being overwhelmed by the moment, Cavs players will be too but the difference is their best player can calm them bc he knows how and what to do in those moments. After he learned how to win, the only team to stop him is the team who has been there, done that.

We will all see the outcome in a few weeks but it seems we have all underestimated how good his supporting cast has been. If they keep stepping up, you already know LBJ will, can GSW keep up? Again, I hope so but I'm tired of talking about all the things that will stop him and if it's not SA, nothing has. Spurs cleaned his clock last season but they didn't the time they won it before that. It has mainly been a struggle to send him packing every season b4 last after he won in Mia the first time.

« Reply #2714 on: May 28, 2015, 01:47:28 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

It also considerably helped Chicago that Worthy hurt his ankle in game 5 against the Blazers, because he was going to be the guy who would defend Jordan, and losing him really hurt them, obviously.  That series was pretty close, even with the injuries to Scott and Worthy.  If 42 wasn't hurt, I think that they could have beaten Chicago.  If Jerry West had pulled the trigger on a trade with Seattle at the deadline which would have yielded Sedale Threatt, they would have won, because that Laker team wasn't as deep as those prior teams had been.  They should have kept Cooper, too.  Maybe not always for Jordan, but he could have still shut Pippen down, imo, and even if the Lakers had still lost, it would have been more of a passing of the torch with all of those core guys from the 80s still being there. 

Regardless, Worthy's injury really helped the Bulls.