Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015  (Read 485739 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015
« Reply #2655 on: May 26, 2015, 11:32:16 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Love him or hate him, five straight Finals appearances for Lebron is impressive.

There is a lot of hate for him here that is for sure, but he has just accomplished something that only Celtics have ever accomplished. He is a brilliant basketball player. I refuse to ignore greatness when I see it. No one can stop him when he is focused. I hope he wins it all this year, great story for him and for Cleveland.

« Reply #2656 on: May 26, 2015, 11:51:58 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Man LeBron James...five straight NBA finals appearances.

Him and James Jones are the first non-Celtics players to ever make it to the finals 5 straight times.

James Jones is a footnote riding LeBron's coattails.

LeBron, yeah, I'll give him his due, but I'll also add the caveat that he's a transcendent player who's playing at a time when are no other transcendent players (and he's been in a weaker conference that whole stretch). He's also just 2-3 in Finals appearances.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2657 on: May 26, 2015, 11:58:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I hope GSW beats the Cavs

I dislike Lebron very much

« Reply #2658 on: May 27, 2015, 12:35:09 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Love him or hate him, five straight Finals appearances for Lebron is impressive.

There is a lot of hate for him here that is for sure, but he has just accomplished something that only Celtics have ever accomplished. He is a brilliant basketball player. I refuse to ignore greatness when I see it. No one can stop him when he is focused. I hope he wins it all this year, great story for him and for Cleveland.

I kinda wanna see the Cavs win too.   I don't think it's happening, though.  That Golden State team is loaded.

« Reply #2659 on: May 27, 2015, 12:39:38 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I kinda wanna see the Cavs win too.   I don't think it's happening, though.  That Golden State team is loaded.

No one can stop him when he's focused? ::) Really, lol ;D?

As for you, LarBrd33 ;D - get off the blog (sarcasm), lol ;D! In all seriousness, though, how could any Celtic fan ever root for Lebron, never mind the Cavs? *facepalm*

Btw, if they do in fact lose to the Warriors, is it still our fault? ::) Ahaha ;D.

« Reply #2660 on: May 27, 2015, 12:52:12 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think people are way too readily counting out the Cavs against the Warriors. Cleveland has arguably been just as good as Golden State in the playoffs. Golden State hasn't looked nearly like the unstoppable juggernaut they were in the regular season. All three of their opponents thus far, even the Pelicans, have exposed some key vulnerabilities.

« Reply #2661 on: May 27, 2015, 12:56:32 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
It ridiculous the amount of credit LeBron is getting for 5 finals. He is as much MJ as James Jones is Robert Horry. The East is bad and has been a while. At the back end of primes Pierce, KG, and Allen was dominating.

« Reply #2662 on: May 27, 2015, 12:57:41 AM »

Offline CelticSK

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1

GSW is definitely too good. Lebron is going to have one of those godly games in the finals(40+points 12+rebounds 12+assists), 2 superhuman ones(30+points 10+assists 10+rebounds) and the rest typical lebron games(20+points 6+rebounds 6+assists) but i dont see a superhuman lebron game guaranteeing a cavs victory. Thats how good the warriors are.

« Reply #2663 on: May 27, 2015, 01:20:21 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
I'm embarrassed to admit I've nearly been driven to supporting the Cavs in the Finals too. If it weren't for the fact Andrew Bogut will be on the opposing team, I'd be right in Cleveland's corner.

If the Cavs do somehow win the title (only possible if GSW have injuries I think) it won't bother me anywhere near as much as the Heat winning in 2012 and 2013. I'd love to see Delly get a ring. I'd love to see Bogut get one slightly more though.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #2664 on: May 27, 2015, 01:48:27 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

GSW is definitely too good. Lebron is going to have one of those godly games in the finals(40+points 12+rebounds 12+assists), 2 superhuman ones(30+points 10+assists 10+rebounds) and the rest typical lebron games(20+points 6+rebounds 6+assists) but i dont see a superhuman lebron game guaranteeing a cavs victory. Thats how good the warriors are.

Unless something were to struck Steph Curry. I hope Golden State (or Houston) turns off their air conditioner for game 1 for some throwback thursday sakes hehehe.  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2665 on: May 27, 2015, 05:57:59 AM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
**** at all this cool story garbage, any team that gets 3 1sts overall and a number 4 pick in the space of 4 years should be able to turn that into a high level of success in a pathetic conference

« Reply #2666 on: May 27, 2015, 08:44:46 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
For all of the talk about the officials favoring the Cavs, they seem to miss a lot of obvious fouls on Lebron.  I think he suffers from the same thing Shaq used to:  he's so big and strong that even hard contact can seem minor.

To be fair I think Shaq is happier than Lebron with those missed calls.  ;D

« Reply #2667 on: May 27, 2015, 08:55:11 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

As for you, LarBrd33 ;D - get off the blog (sarcasm), lol ;D! In all seriousness, though, how could any Celtic fan ever root for Lebron, never mind the Cavs? *facepalm*

Btw, if they do in fact lose to the Warriors, is it still our fault? ::) Ahaha ;D.

TP
I don't know what's going on around here, suddenly everyone start to give credit, pay his due, or whatever to Lebron James. Now they will root for the Cavs to win.
That's so unreal to me. It's one thing to have green glasses, it's another thing to be blind.

« Reply #2668 on: May 27, 2015, 10:37:48 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

TP
I don't know what's going on around here, suddenly everyone start to give credit, pay his due, or whatever to Lebron James. Now they will root for the Cavs to win.
That's so unreal to me. It's one thing to have green glasses, it's another thing to be blind.
I don't get it either.  I'll begrudgingly acknowledge he's the best player in the game right now but I'll never root for him to win. 
I don't consider 5 straight years in the finals much of an accomplishment when he stacked the deck in his favor for the first 4 of those years.  This year, he still stacked the deck a bit going to play with Kyrie and bringing in Love but this year I'll acknowledge it wasn't an expected cakewalk even though he made it look like one.

« Reply #2669 on: May 27, 2015, 10:47:49 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Instead of talking about LeBron making the Finals 5 straight times, how about we talk about the teams he's beaten in that time.  To me, that's far more interesting.

2012 Celts -- A boogie man for LeBron based on their history, a creaky team running mostly on pride.  Bron finally overcame them.

2012 Thunder -- A supremely talented team, but very young.  LeBron's biggest achievement to that point.

2013 Spurs -- Huge victory over a superior opponent.  Took some luck, but this is LeBron's crowning achievement.

2014 Pacers -- Had a great run to start that season and then stumbled the rest of the way, including the playoffs.  Middle of the road opponent by the ECF.

2015 Hawks -- Same as above.

Beating the 2015 Warriors, a historically great team by any measure, would be LeBron's biggest accomplishment yet.  Especially considering the meager supporting cast he has this year.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain