Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015  (Read 485815 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015
« Reply #2640 on: May 26, 2015, 09:39:59 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Now that the East playoffs are just about over, I think it's safe to say that these last couple months has confirmed what we all thought...the Eastern conference is garbage.

The 1 seed is about to get swept by the 2 seed that's been without 2 of its top 3 players for most of the series (Kevin Love since the end of the first round).  The 3 seed is a constant underachieving team with an injury plagued point guard and center and a coach about to be fired.  The 4 seed got swept in the first round by the 5 seed who has a nitwit for a coach and depended on a guy on the verge of retirement to make all the big shots, who's most likely leaving anyway.  And we know what the Bucks, Cs, and Nets are.

The rest of the East needs to be careful, and diligent in building their teams, because we could be looking at 5 more years of Cleveland dominating the conference.

Pretty much. I heard a lot of people riding on the Hawks wagon that they can dismantle the Cavs or saying how they're the Spurs 2.0.

Hawks were pretty overrated. They should've swept Brooklyn and easily taken care of Washington if they were that good. Chi-town has been the same as the past few years...make playoffs, injuries, and get bounced. Toronto sucks. Wizards to me were actually kind of legit. They were missing Wall for most of the 2nd round and Pierce nailing clutch shots. I think with Wall they could've upset Atlanta. Bucks sucks. Celtics missing rim protector and rebounding woes. Brooklyn meh.

Cavs were always the #1 seed to begin with. All these Bulls/Hawks beating the Cavs talk (since before the season began) will finally end. Hopefully the Warriors or Rockets can stop LeBron.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2641 on: May 26, 2015, 09:49:44 PM »

Offline BRC-14

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Now that the East playoffs are just about over, I think it's safe to say that these last couple months has confirmed what we all thought...the Eastern conference is garbage.

The 1 seed is about to get swept by the 2 seed that's been without 2 of its top 3 players for most of the series (Kevin Love since the end of the first round).  The 3 seed is a constant underachieving team with an injury plagued point guard and center and a coach about to be fired.  The 4 seed got swept in the first round by the 5 seed who has a nitwit for a coach and depended on a guy on the verge of retirement to make all the big shots, who's most likely leaving anyway.  And we know what the Bucks, Cs, and Nets are.

The rest of the East needs to be careful, and diligent in building their teams, because we could be looking at 5 more years of Cleveland dominating the conference.

Pretty much. I heard a lot of people riding on the Hawks wagon that they can dismantle the Cavs or saying how they're the Spurs 2.0.

Hawks were pretty overrated. They should've swept Brooklyn and easily taken care of Washington if they were that good. Chi-town has been the same as the past few years...make playoffs, injuries, and get bounced. Toronto sucks. Wizards to me were actually kind of legit. They were missing Wall for most of the 2nd round and Pierce nailing clutch shots. I think with Wall they could've upset Atlanta. Bucks sucks. Celtics missing rim protector and rebounding woes. Brooklyn meh.

Cavs were always the #1 seed to begin with. All these Bulls/Hawks beating the Cavs talk (since before the season began) will finally end. Hopefully the Warriors or Rockets can stop LeBron.

Since the Cavs acquired JR and Shump they've definitely been the best team in the East in my opinion. Just too many good players on the same team with not much competition in the conference. When Kyrie and LeBron are the only Eastern All-NBA team players and they're on the same team I don't expect many teams to give them trouble until the finals.
Take me where the Boston Celtics fans roam free without judgment from my enemies.

« Reply #2642 on: May 26, 2015, 10:08:18 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
This is actually encouraging to me.

After being swept by the Cavs a lot of people on this blog looked at it like we didnt belong, but we gave them a better fight than Atlanta and even with a hurt Kyrie, no Love, no JR for 2 games and a few really bad performances from Kyrie and Lebron they still handled Chicago without ever really hitting the panic button.

I mean we are obviously really far away but right now its

Cavs

Bulls Wizards

Everyone else

I dont think we are as far from Bulls Wizards as we are made out to be.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #2643 on: May 26, 2015, 10:10:44 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Chicago really let me down this year.

I think Washington with a healthy wall and a huge series from Pierce would have had a chance.

With Gortat and Nene Mozgov couldnt dominate the paint and Wall could really neutralize Irving.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #2644 on: May 26, 2015, 10:18:21 PM »

Offline BRC-14

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
I really want to see how Tristan Thompson can do against someone like Bogut.
Take me where the Boston Celtics fans roam free without judgment from my enemies.

« Reply #2645 on: May 26, 2015, 10:32:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
We lost four straight ....but never FOLDED against a full strength James All Star Club...

I saw nothing great about the Bulls ....suck too...or these Hawks .....way over rated....

The Hawks just rolled over and cried uncle.

Wow ......

If the Cavs are really this good .......

Warriors may be in for a ver ruff go of it.....smh

« Reply #2646 on: May 26, 2015, 10:45:43 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Haha it looks like lebron has a marker outline around his eyebrows and face. And it is sticking out all wired . hmmmm that's strange ....

Oh never mind I am just being the silly one

« Reply #2647 on: May 26, 2015, 10:51:14 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
We lost four straight ....but never FOLDED against a full strength James All Star Club...

I saw nothing great about the Bulls ....suck too...or these Hawks .....way over rated....

The Hawks just rolled over and cried uncle.

Wow ......

If the Cavs are really this good .......

Warriors may be in for a ver ruff go of it.....smh

Esp with Curry landing hard on his head and his shooting was pretty off last night. That series ain't over yet. If Warriors lose Game 5, then Rockets may very likely be on to something lol. It ain't the first time they did it this postseason, but man anything is possible!

« Reply #2648 on: May 26, 2015, 10:55:52 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Love him or hate him, five straight Finals appearances for Lebron is impressive. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2649 on: May 26, 2015, 11:02:14 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Atlanta sports teams: overachieve in regular season, meltdown come playoff time.

Just ask the Falcons and Hawks lol.

« Reply #2650 on: May 26, 2015, 11:10:15 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
What a disappointing showing by the Hawks.  I hope that team is kept together and manages to play with a little more hunger in the playoffs next year. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #2651 on: May 26, 2015, 11:12:11 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Atlanta sports teams: overachieve in regular season, meltdown come playoff time.

I mean, we should probably start with the Braves.

« Reply #2652 on: May 26, 2015, 11:12:23 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Man LeBron James...five straight NBA finals appearances.

Him and James Jones are the first non-Celtics players to ever make it to the finals 5 straight times.

« Reply #2653 on: May 26, 2015, 11:15:20 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

I mean, we should probably start with the Braves.

Sure that too!  ;D But I do remember recently that the Falcons lost to the Packers in 2011, and then losing to the 49ers in 2013. Turribleee!

« Reply #2654 on: May 26, 2015, 11:31:48 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I don't remember any time in recent basketball history that the officiating has been criticized as much as it has this season and postseason. In everything from the announcers to the TNT crew, there has been talk of inconsistency and bad calls made almost every game. Hopefully this is due to the Adam Silver era, and hopefully he can try to do something about this rampant inconsistency that is plaguing NBA officiating. The TNT guys were just astounded that the Howard incident didn't get at least the same treatment as the Horford incident. That's clearly preferential treatment by the NBA for a greater perceived star in Howard.