Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015  (Read 485806 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015
« Reply #2550 on: May 24, 2015, 11:38:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I'm telling ya now....

Cavs will cripple up Curry and Thompson with dirty Diva basketball.

Cavs have to play super dirty to win and they have to have Irving ......Cavs will have both and refs in their pockets once again.

« Reply #2551 on: May 24, 2015, 11:39:01 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
I really hope the Warriors wipe the floor with this team. I hate Lebron to no end and his act and the way the game has been catered to him for the past 10 years.

« Reply #2552 on: May 24, 2015, 11:39:17 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Lebron is better when he plays with role players. Gotta give him credit for that win.

« Reply #2553 on: May 24, 2015, 11:40:33 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
It's going to be so awesome watching Golden State whoop up on the Cavs. I might hate them worse than the Heat teams. This whole "redemption" narrative is just stupid to me, and the NBA is just eating it up. And the collosal  weakness/choke job collectively employed by the Eastern conference this year has just given the Cavs the Finals. I mean, Lebron has been killing it, but after losing his top two teammates he shouldn't be sweeping teams in the conference finals. You have to wonder if his legacy will eventually be affected a bit by the context of the historically bad conference he's been in the last several years.

« Reply #2554 on: May 24, 2015, 11:45:07 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
LeBron is such a ****. he always says he's the leader after every game what an ****

Well, he wasn't the leader in Miami, so I guess he's trying to make up for it now ::), lol ;D. Classic overcompensation, ahaha ;D.

« Reply #2555 on: May 24, 2015, 11:47:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Hawks are sooooo bad......let one man beat a team of twelve players.

« Reply #2556 on: May 24, 2015, 11:50:07 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
LeBron is such a ****. he always says he's the leader after every game what an ****
of course. It's his team and he's making role players look very very good. It's been vintage Lebron since Love and Irving went out. I actually enjoy watching him when he doesn't have a loaded roster.

« Reply #2557 on: May 24, 2015, 11:52:07 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Time to power down ;) (sarcasm), lol ;D -

Am I the only one who's reminded of this? ;D

Ahaha ;D.

« Reply #2558 on: May 25, 2015, 12:13:18 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Think about this: the Cavs might have lost in the first round if they were in the West.

Doubt it. Look up their record against West playoff teams

Regular season.

If they had faced, say, the Blazers or Grizz in the first round, I think it's very possible they would've lost.

The East is an utter joke.  This Cavs team is not very good.
In the Finals, Dray covers Bron, who covers Curry?  Should be a bloodbath.

They can take the Blazers. Definitely would have beaten a Conley or Tony Allen-less Grizz team too. Swept the Grizz in the season btw.

If Lebron can beat OKC in 2012 with Durant averaging 31 PPG and Westbrook averaging 27 PPG with Ibaka and Harden while his man Bosh averaged less than 15, AND BEAT the Spurs in 2013 with gimpy Wade not even cracking 20 PPG and Bosh scoring ZERO POINTS in Game 7, he can get out of the first round come on now.

If the Clippers can do it (got out of the first round 3 times the past 5 years), you're saying Lebron can't? You're underestimating him imo.

I agree they probably can't beat the Warriors unless he dominates and his teammates don't miss from three, but lose in the FIRST ROUND? Don't think so unless it's vs the Spurs or Warriors. And even those series wouldn't be sure losses. Oh and the last time Dray guarded Lebron, he dropped 40 and beat the Warriors.

The Hawks beat the Cavs 3-1 in the regular season and you know how that is turning out for them now.

Sure. Because LeBron's playing now. He wasn't in one or two of those Hawks wins. So yeah definitely.

The Cavs dont have love now and Kyrie is gimpy, so what's your point?  ::)
The Hawks beat the Cavs at almost full strength, albeit just one game, but now the Hawks cant beat the Cavs with their 2nd and 3rd best players injured or playing injured. The Celtics defeated the Heat 3-1 in 2012 reg season, yet the Celts lost against the Heat 4-3 in the ECF. Regular Season is different than the playoffs, period.

See how terribly biased your logic was? You used their regular season games against Golden State and Memphis while I can't make the same for the Hawks? What a joke  :D

Simple..because Golden State and Memphis played the Cavs with Lebron, the Hawks didn't. That's why they were 3-1 up.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400579207

the Hawks were 1-0 against the Cavs after acquiring Mozgov etc. Lebron played in 3 of the 4 games against the Hawks in the regular season. Simple? Yeah right  ::) You just can't admit that your basing your argument based on what happened between them in the regular season, while I've shown that it doesn't mean squat. So the Cavs beat the Warriors and Memphis in the regular season. So what? The Hawks beat the Cavs with both Kyrie and love and look where its got them. I still don't see you having an answer for that.

« Reply #2559 on: May 25, 2015, 01:06:18 AM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Think about this: the Cavs might have lost in the first round if they were in the West.

Doubt it. Look up their record against West playoff teams

Regular season.

If they had faced, say, the Blazers or Grizz in the first round, I think it's very possible they would've lost.

The East is an utter joke.  This Cavs team is not very good.
In the Finals, Dray covers Bron, who covers Curry?  Should be a bloodbath.

They can take the Blazers. Definitely would have beaten a Conley or Tony Allen-less Grizz team too. Swept the Grizz in the season btw.

If Lebron can beat OKC in 2012 with Durant averaging 31 PPG and Westbrook averaging 27 PPG with Ibaka and Harden while his man Bosh averaged less than 15, AND BEAT the Spurs in 2013 with gimpy Wade not even cracking 20 PPG and Bosh scoring ZERO POINTS in Game 7, he can get out of the first round come on now.

If the Clippers can do it (got out of the first round 3 times the past 5 years), you're saying Lebron can't? You're underestimating him imo.

I agree they probably can't beat the Warriors unless he dominates and his teammates don't miss from three, but lose in the FIRST ROUND? Don't think so unless it's vs the Spurs or Warriors. And even those series wouldn't be sure losses. Oh and the last time Dray guarded Lebron, he dropped 40 and beat the Warriors.

The Hawks beat the Cavs 3-1 in the regular season and you know how that is turning out for them now.

Sure. Because LeBron's playing now. He wasn't in one or two of those Hawks wins. So yeah definitely.

The Cavs dont have love now and Kyrie is gimpy, so what's your point?  ::)
The Hawks beat the Cavs at almost full strength, albeit just one game, but now the Hawks cant beat the Cavs with their 2nd and 3rd best players injured or playing injured. The Celtics defeated the Heat 3-1 in 2012 reg season, yet the Celts lost against the Heat 4-3 in the ECF. Regular Season is different than the playoffs, period.

See how terribly biased your logic was? You used their regular season games against Golden State and Memphis while I can't make the same for the Hawks? What a joke  :D

Simple..because Golden State and Memphis played the Cavs with Lebron, the Hawks didn't. That's why they were 3-1 up.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400579207

the Hawks were 1-0 against the Cavs after acquiring Mozgov etc. Lebron played in 3 of the 4 games against the Hawks in the regular season. Simple? Yeah right  ::) You just can't admit that your basing your argument based on what happened between them in the regular season, while I've shown that it doesn't mean squat. So the Cavs beat the Warriors and Memphis in the regular season. So what? The Hawks beat the Cavs with both Kyrie and love and look where its got them. I still don't see you having an answer for that.

The regular season DOES mean squat! The playoffs are different yes, but the season means squat. It's not an either or proposition that you seem to be espousing. It's not yes or no. But it does mean something because it shows you how teams are building their system and what pieces fit well together. Are you saying that EVERYTHING teams do change in the playoffs? No. They're using the same schemes and rotations that got them success in the REGULAR SEASON. So yes it means something. I never said it meant everything, but it does mean something.

So yes, sweeping Memphis means something, it doesn't mean everything like you seem to think what my point was, but it does mean something. And yes the Hawks going 2-1 with Lebron in the line-up means something too. It just doesn't mean as much because the Cavs only played one game with the former Knicks players (Smith, Shump, Mozgov). That's the team that is beating the Hawks now. Not the Waiters Love no D Cavs in December. They lost but that was one game. There's your answer if you want one. Anyway the original post was me responding to someone saying the Cavs probably lose in the first round in the West. And I said no. When they hit their stride mid-January with its complete team, they went 6-1 against West playoff teams. And I think that does mean something. You say no, I say yes. Let's put it at that.

I don't post to find an answer to your questions, I post to express my opinions. And this is the opinion from the start: the regular season means something (not everything, not NOTHING like you seem to think, but it does mean something). If you still don't agree, let's juts agree to disagree. Let's enjoy the Finals. 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 01:13:33 AM by staticcc »
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #2560 on: May 25, 2015, 01:22:33 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
I think flagrant 2 was the right call.  Did Horford not "wind up" his elbow and drop it on Dellavedova's head?

Though I feel like I've watched the replay 100 times now, and I'm still not quite sure what happened? Did Horford really just drop an elbow WWE style?

https://streamable.com/y46n

Plus you can see Horford grabbed Dellavedova's arm Olynyk style, we all know how bush league that move is and deserves a flagrant 2 just for that  ;D

I thought a Flagrant 1 for Horford probably would've been a fair call in today's incident. Thanks for the link though, pretty funny how someone can see that and suggest Delly was trying to 'take him out'. Also LOL at the suggestion that Delly intentionally injured Korver when going for that loose ball.

Doesn't matter too much though, the Warriors are going to destroy them. At best the Cavs will have a hobbled Kyrie, at worst they won't have him at all. LeBron's quality probably grabs them one game, maybe two at a stretch.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 01:29:38 AM by Adelaide Celt »
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #2561 on: May 25, 2015, 01:27:01 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Stop and appreciate lebron's greatness. Dude is amazing.  I don't think they have the firepower to deal with the Warriors, though.

« Reply #2562 on: May 25, 2015, 01:38:42 AM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
I think flagrant 2 was the right call.  Did Horford not "wind up" his elbow and drop it on Dellavedova's head?

Though I feel like I've watched the replay 100 times now, and I'm still not quite sure what happened? Did Horford really just drop an elbow WWE style?

Plus you can see Horford grabbed Dellavedova's arm Olynyk style, we all know how bush league that move is and deserves a flagrant 2 just for that  ;D

I thought a Flagrant 1 for Horford probably would've been a fair call in today's incident. Thanks for the link though, pretty funny how someone can see that and suggest Delly was trying to 'take him out'. Also LOL at the suggestion that Delly intentionally injured Korver when going for that loose ball.

Why? Rules state any intentional swing of elbow/punch to the upper body of another player is an automatic FG 2 and ejection. What am I missing?

« Reply #2563 on: May 25, 2015, 01:46:50 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206

Why? Rules state any intentional swing of elbow/punch to the upper body of another player is an automatic FG 2 and ejection. What am I missing?

Just didn't think the impact was too severe but you're right - rules are rules. The refs were unanimous in their decision to eject him.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #2564 on: May 25, 2015, 01:56:52 AM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11

Just didn't think the impact was too severe but you're right - rules are rules. The refs were unanimous in their decision to eject him.

If he fully connected he could have given Delledova a concussion or worse. Are they suppose to wait till some sustains a serious head injury before the other player is ejected?  Either way the rules clearly state intent is more important not how well he connected. I wouldn't be surprised if AL is suspended for game 4. But Al doesn't have a history so if he does get suspended, will be for 1 game max