Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015  (Read 486760 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015
« Reply #1125 on: May 06, 2015, 01:12:10 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Someone needs to get Conley some bananas, quick, lol ;D.

« Reply #1126 on: May 06, 2015, 01:12:10 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Wow, that was a pretty early whistle on that Gasol 8 second backcourt violation. I don't think the shot clock turned to 15 until after he was already across.

« Reply #1127 on: May 06, 2015, 01:24:05 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
What an incredible game by Conley.  He owned Curry, and in limited minutes, lol ;D. If he can play, the Grizzlies have a great chance in this series, imo.

« Reply #1128 on: May 06, 2015, 02:09:41 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
warriors showed their achilles heel tonight - not enough inside scoring, and not enough toughness in general, curry and thompson seem to shrink in physical games. bogut and draymond are tough on D, but have no offense inside. iguodala's play has declined to the point where i don't even notice when he's on the floor.

and the warriors are a far worse team on the road; memphis has a real opportunity here.

nice to see conley playing so well, he's really becoming a star. tony allen has been a beast on D.

hawks looked better, but they should lose their series if wall is healthy. their run and gun offense has clearly slowed in the playoffs, and their lack of elite players will cost them offensively late in games. not impressed by their defense, either.

i'd like to see a memphis/washington finals. i love the way both of those teams play. would probably be a ratings nightmare for the league though.

« Reply #1129 on: May 06, 2015, 02:16:18 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
warriors showed their achilles heel tonight - not enough inside scoring, and not enough toughness in general, curry and thompson seem to shrink in physical games. bogut and draymond are tough on D, but have no offense inside. iguodala's play has declined to the point where i don't even notice when he's on the floor.

and the warriors are a far worse team on the road; memphis has a real opportunity here.

nice to see conley playing so well, he's really becoming a star. tony allen has been a beast on D.

hawks looked better, but they should lose their series if wall is healthy. their run and gun offense has clearly slowed in the playoffs, and their lack of elite players will cost them offensively late in games. not impressed by their defense, either.

i'd like to see a memphis/washington finals. i love the way both of those teams play. would probably be a ratings nightmare for the league though.

Paul Pierce finals MVP calling it  ;D ;D ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1130 on: May 06, 2015, 02:19:32 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
great second round of the playoffs so far. never seen so many teams with a legit chance to win it all. and that's taking account that one contender, the spurs, has already been eliminated, and another, the thunder, were riddled with injuries.

the wizards, bulls, warriors, grizz, and clips all look very strong, and i think any one of them is a reasonable pick to win a championship, though i'd give a slight edge to the western teams.

the rockets, hawks, and cavs i think are all in trouble; but while they are all flawed, IMO they still have a decent chance at moving forward.
the cavs and rockets also stand a good chance of getting a boost from the refs tonight as well. expect some free throws for the home teams.

very interesting postseason though.

« Reply #1131 on: May 06, 2015, 02:20:16 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo

Paul Pierce finals MVP calling it  ;D ;D ;D

that would make me so happy...

« Reply #1132 on: May 06, 2015, 04:14:14 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Green = 3/22 at the 3 points line
Wow

« Reply #1133 on: May 06, 2015, 04:20:17 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Hawks are not impressive at all. They struggle against a weak defensive performance from Washington.
Wall was heavily missing and Beal was cautious with his ankle, you can tell.
Good game from PP, so nice to watch him play.
With their guards healthy, the wizards could have swept Atlanta.

« Reply #1134 on: May 06, 2015, 07:30:31 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Wow

Yeah, that won't happen again.  Memphis does have the personnel to make things difficult on the Warriors' shooters, but there's no way their four best players shoot 14% from the outside going forward.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1135 on: May 06, 2015, 07:40:52 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Wow

This is what they did when the Cavs beat the stink out of them regular season in Cleveland.

Warriors worry me greatly .    If they are on .....pretty much unbeatable .....if their outside shot is,off ,  no real inside game .

This is why I think they will fail , if they meet the Cavs ......the Cavs can close out with speed and punish the Warriors.

« Reply #1136 on: May 06, 2015, 08:10:47 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
Wow

This is what they did when the Cavs beat the stink out of them regular season in Cleveland.

Warriors worry me greatly .    If they are on .....pretty much unbeatable .....if their outside shot is,off ,  no real inside game .

This is why I think they will fail , if they meet the Cavs ......the Cavs can close out with speed and punish the Warriors.
Can any team win if they shoot that poorly?
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #1137 on: May 06, 2015, 08:42:50 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Wow

Yeah, that won't happen again.  Memphis does have the personnel to make things difficult on the Warriors' shooters, but there's no way their four best players shoot 14% from the outside going forward.

Yeah, they aren't likely to shoot 14% from three from the series, but Memphis needs to get a ton of credit for the defense they played against the Dubs last night.

Golden State is such an explosive offensive team.  I'm interested to see if the Grizz can continue to muck up that series for the Warriors.

The good news is that they are headed back to Memphis where that defense should get an additional boost of energy from the crowd.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 01:03:37 PM by Celtics18 »
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #1138 on: May 06, 2015, 09:25:53 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
While the Grizzlies are usually playing giant killer with the Spurs or the Thunder or the Clippers, there's no reason to think they can't do the same thing to the Dubs.

I don't think Memphis is good enough to win the NBA Finals, but they're definitely good enough to beat one or two teams that are.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #1139 on: May 06, 2015, 09:27:15 AM »

Offline Sievers81

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
Memphis/Dubs series should be a good one if Conley stays healthy, he has so much control on the tempo for the Grizzlies.