Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015  (Read 485751 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015
« Reply #1095 on: May 05, 2015, 12:46:51 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
So, that's a no for Harden being the mvp, lol ;D?  I know that Curry already won it, but still ;D.

« Reply #1096 on: May 05, 2015, 04:44:14 AM »

Offline Sievers81

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
No wonder I had such a hard time watching that Clips/Rockets game, 44 TO's!! What a joke.

« Reply #1097 on: May 05, 2015, 06:23:13 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I expected the Bulls to win and they did it (though they struggled a lot at the end, they had awful offensive possessions), but I'm quite surprised by the Clippers winning on the road without Chris Paul.

It will be interesting to see if the Rockets are going back to their old no defense/iso after iso self after losing homecourt advantage or if they learn from it.

« Reply #1098 on: May 05, 2015, 06:26:41 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
What a disastrous game by the Rockets.  Really missing Beverly and Motiejunas.

Harden and Howard both just lack that next gear for the playoffs.  They really need to add a third guy who can take a back seat most of the time and then step up to seal these big games.

Griffin came up huge, on the other hand.  Don't like him, but he's a supremely talented player.

Wait, what? How can you have anything bad to say about Howard? He was, by far, the best player for the Rockets and the only one who really showed up to play. He was also, by far, their best player last year against Portland. It's Harden who's been no-showing at inopportune times for now the third year in a row (really the fourth if you count the OKC Finals series).

« Reply #1099 on: May 05, 2015, 07:21:54 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
This Rockets team is just blah. Without Harden going to the free throw line 20 times a game there's not much else that excites you about their offense.

Because nothing says "exciting" like trips to the free throw line.  :)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #1100 on: May 05, 2015, 07:24:51 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
So much bad basketball , especially by Rockets

McHale looks like he aged 10 years last night .  He looks miserable ....wonder if he is having fun .

Doc is master of not being rattled and handling difficult situations or bad play.

Harden sucked ....he had more turnovers than a rookie .

« Reply #1101 on: May 05, 2015, 09:13:10 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
This Rockets team is just blah. Without Harden going to the free throw line 20 times a game there's not much else that excites you about their offense.

Because nothing says "exciting" like trips to the free throw line.  :)

I, for one, have spent countless hours watching YouTube highlights of DeAndre Jordan parading to the free throw line against the Spurs.

« Reply #1102 on: May 05, 2015, 09:33:20 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Harden and Howard both just lack that next gear for the playoffs.  They really need to add a third guy who can take a back seat most of the time and then step up to seal these big games.

Griffin came up huge, on the other hand.  Don't like him, but he's a supremely talented player.

Wait, what? How can you have anything bad to say about Howard? He was, by far, the best player for the Rockets and the only one who really showed up to play. He was also, by far, their best player last year against Portland. It's Harden who's been no-showing at inopportune times for now the third year in a row (really the fourth if you count the OKC Finals series).

Clips scored 117 points, Blake blew up, and DJ was never in foul trouble.  So tell me how Dwight showed up?  He had an OK game, but didn't take his game to a different level, which his team needed.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1103 on: May 05, 2015, 09:39:11 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Clips scored 117 points, Blake blew up, and DJ was never in foul trouble.  So tell me how Dwight showed up?  He had an OK game, but didn't take his game to a different level, which his team needed.

I thought DeAndre Jordan played Dwight Howard even for the most part -- which was something I wondered about before the game. That Dwight's skill-set and limitations are not a good match against D.Jordan (a very limited offensive player). That this was a bad matchup for Dwight. 

Three of Dwight's buckets came against Glen Davis. Another one was a defensive breakdown at PG in transition when D.Jordan was forced to leave Dwight after previously being in position to stop Dwight getting the transition hoop. Take away those 8 points and Dwight has 14 points to D.Jordan's 10 points. 10 rebounds and 1 assist (Dwight) vs 13 rebounds and 5 assists. 5 blocks and 1 steal vs 4 blocks and 2 steals. 2 turnovers vs 1 turnover.

I thought DeAndre Jordan did a great job of containing Dwight Howard and making him work all over the court. And that was without CP3 there to help D.Jordan be more of a danger man (as a finisher) on offense.

« Reply #1104 on: May 05, 2015, 09:41:18 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Their was a clear difference in coaching and the Clips have undeniable confidence now after taking out the Spurs.

« Reply #1105 on: May 05, 2015, 10:28:41 AM »

Offline Sievers81

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
Clips have confidence after beating the Spurs, even they knew they beat the best team from getting them to the WC Finals. I almost feel like they did this for Chris Paul.

But when will the fatigue catch up on Griffin? I'm not his biggest fan but he's been fantastic in the post season (his last quarter blunders are on how much the team relies on him without rest). If the Clippers had a bench I'd be scared for years to come.

« Reply #1106 on: May 05, 2015, 11:48:29 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Does this win for the Clippers allow them to rest Paul another game to heal up since they have stolen home court advantage?   (if they are iffy on his ability to play next game)

« Reply #1107 on: May 05, 2015, 12:06:09 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I thought DeAndre Jordan played Dwight Howard even for the most part -- which was something I wondered about before the game. That Dwight's skill-set and limitations are not a good match against D.Jordan (a very limited offensive player). That this was a bad matchup for Dwight. 

Three of Dwight's buckets came against Glen Davis. Another one was a defensive breakdown at PG in transition when D.Jordan was forced to leave Dwight after previously being in position to stop Dwight getting the transition hoop. Take away those 8 points and Dwight has 14 points to D.Jordan's 10 points. 10 rebounds and 1 assist (Dwight) vs 13 rebounds and 5 assists. 5 blocks and 1 steal vs 4 blocks and 2 steals. 2 turnovers vs 1 turnover.

I thought DeAndre Jordan did a great job of containing Dwight Howard and making him work all over the court. And that was without CP3 there to help D.Jordan be more of a danger man (as a finisher) on offense.

Right, at worst DJ played even with Dwight Howard, and that's pretty [dang]ing of Howard.  DJ is a very good player, but Dwight is more physically gifted and more skilled.  He ought to be able to get DJ in foul trouble, or at least prevent DJ from being a factor offensively.  He did neither.  I don't know how much Houston tried putting Dwight on Blake defensively, but Dwight's presence didn't seem to have much of an effect there, either.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1108 on: May 05, 2015, 12:06:26 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
McHale's last year in Houston, most likely.

« Reply #1109 on: May 05, 2015, 12:09:29 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Does this win for the Clippers allow them to rest Paul another game to heal up since they have stolen home court advantage?   (if they are iffy on his ability to play next game)

Absolutely not.

I submit this as evidence:
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.