Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015  (Read 486774 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015
« Reply #960 on: May 03, 2015, 05:10:32 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I mean, it just isn't going to matter who comes out of the East. I think pretty much any of the remaining 4 West teams would win regardless. I think for sure Houston and GS would wipe the floor with any East team.

« Reply #961 on: May 03, 2015, 05:15:14 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Golden State really is the class of the league right now. Not only is their starting lineup almost impossible to defend, but they can match up with the physical play of any team. And that bench, good lord. To be able to bring in guys like Iggy, Barbosa, Speights, etc. and not miss a beat is something few teams can match up with.

Hard to see anyone beating them.

Haha yup.  Iggy is the 6th man of the year in my opinion, and I'm 99% sure Speights' points per minute was the best among nonstarters, dwarfing guys like Crawford and Williams (not to mention his efficiency is much higher).

Barbosa has been a binkie of mine his entire career (and he's an ex sixth man of the year).  Between him, Livingston, and Iggy, they have 3 near-elite ballhandlers and slashers.  They can also play Barbosa off the ball where he's at his best while still allowing him to guard PGs (because Livingston and Iggy are great facilitators).

And then to think they've also got David Lee?  Mind-boggling.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #962 on: May 03, 2015, 05:20:26 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
And just think, all you guys wanted GS to blow up this team by trading for Love.

I could do nothing but shake my head at all that Love nonsense last summer.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #963 on: May 03, 2015, 05:29:20 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I don't want LBJ closer to the finals just to see the PP/LBJ matchup. I would love it if Chi could dispatch them! Don't give the Cavs any hope that they can get to the finals! If it was a second round asks, I would want it but someone has to stop them NOW!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #964 on: May 03, 2015, 05:31:04 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Every time I watch Curry on offense, I feel like crying. How do you shoot and HANDLE like that?Wow!

I also love watching Allen, just a beauty on defense.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 05:36:58 PM by ImShakHeIsShaq »
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #965 on: May 03, 2015, 05:47:17 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Oh Jeff Green, we are who we thought you were.  After that little honeymoon stage right after the trade, I don't think it took long for Memphis fans to see what we went through with Jeff

« Reply #966 on: May 03, 2015, 05:52:32 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Oh Jeff Green, we are who we thought you were.  After that little honeymoon stage right after the trade, I don't think it took long for Memphis fans to see what we went through with Jeff

Oh blame Jeff Green for this loss, nice.

« Reply #967 on: May 03, 2015, 05:54:53 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119

Oh blame Jeff Green for this loss, nice.

Woah there buddy.  Where in my statement did I ever say "this loss is on Jeff Green"?  I simply said he's doing exactly with the Grizzlies what he did with the Celtics, which is be inconsistent from night to night.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he came out in game 2 and scored 25 off the bench and played great...but then he'll probably score 6 points and have 5 turnovers in game 3.

« Reply #968 on: May 03, 2015, 07:08:20 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Washington Wizards = Boston Celtics of 2010.

Where they have road-court advantage.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #969 on: May 04, 2015, 06:05:12 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
So the Bulls are at the Cavs tonight, and the Clips are at the Rockets. Who do you got?

I'm fairly confident the Rockets will handle the Clips at home, especially with Paul being questionable tonight and playing injured.

As for the Bulls and Cavs, I believe the Bulls can take the Cavs in a seven game series, but it all depends upon which Bulls team shows up. When they're at their best, they can beat anyone. But at their worst, their offense is just terrible and they're horribly inconsistent. I'm hoping for a Bulls win, but it wouldn't surprise me to see a Cavs win on their home court for the first game of the series.

« Reply #970 on: May 04, 2015, 06:09:27 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
No idea, but I feel confident in saying that tonight's series are considerably more interesting than yesterday's. Though I guess the Hawks have made their series mildly more interesting by virtue of falling off a bit.

« Reply #971 on: May 04, 2015, 06:34:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I'm for any team left .....that LeBron James and Glen Rivers are not on.

Go Bulls and Rockets

« Reply #972 on: May 04, 2015, 06:50:02 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I've been thinking on the DeAndre Jordan vs Dwight Howard matchup and was wondering whether D.Jordan could play Dwight to a standstill.

I think D.Jordan matches up very well with Dwight. He has the quickness and strength to take away whatever usual physical advantage Dwight has over his opponents. Both are top defensive centers. Both are league leading rebounders. Dwight is a plus low post scorer but they are otherwise comparable scorers in terms of transition scoring, cutting, PnR, offensive rebounding. Both players are unskilled away from the hoop. DeAndre Jordan is a bad passer. Dwight doesn't offer much in terms of passing from the high post area. He is, however, a good passer out of double teams but LAC can defend him straight up with DeAndre Jordan which should limit that usefulness of that advantage. Also, Dwight's post game is good but is reliant on having a physical or athletic advantage and can be contained by top low post defenders.

This is the big question mark for DeAndre Jordan. Can he step up and defend Dwight well enough in the low post to make this matchup fairly neutral for the most part?

DeAndre Jordan has made huge improvements over the last 12-24 months. He hasn't really gotten a chance to play against Dwight over that period because of Dwight's injuries. This is going to be a major yardstick in terms of how far D.Jordan has come.

I am looking forward to it.

« Reply #973 on: May 04, 2015, 07:15:05 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I don't like the way announcers call a bench the "2nd worst bench in playoffs" based on ppg. Just say the 2nd lowest scoring bench in the league.

« Reply #974 on: May 04, 2015, 07:15:42 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Dang.  The Bulls can't miss so far.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes