Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015  (Read 486772 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015
« Reply #945 on: May 03, 2015, 03:34:14 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Nick cathWho?

« Reply #946 on: May 03, 2015, 03:34:40 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Love what the Wiz are doing.

How nice it would be to see WIZ and CLE in the ECF, but I really don't see them getting by CHI.

« Reply #947 on: May 03, 2015, 03:39:54 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
how good is paul pierce...

He's warming up for his rematch with Lebron!

I feel like this is the mission, really.

It looks like he's totally engaged to just get one more crack at LeBron James. He's been magnificent this post-season.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #948 on: May 03, 2015, 03:42:47 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
how good is paul pierce...

He's warming up for his rematch with Lebron!

I feel like this is the mission, really.

It looks like he's totally engaged to just get one more crack at LeBron James. He's been magnificent this post-season.

I'm hoping the Bulls don't give him that chance, though I would really love to see PP take out Lebron one more time.

« Reply #949 on: May 03, 2015, 03:57:41 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
love to see green play this way for another team
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #950 on: May 03, 2015, 04:08:57 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
For the first time in my life I'll root for LeBron.  Not at all worried, there's no chance he gets past Washington.  Just want to see Paul Pierce be the one to bounce him out.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #951 on: May 03, 2015, 04:12:25 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
love to see green play this way for another team

You mean terribly?

« Reply #952 on: May 03, 2015, 04:16:04 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Golden State really is the class of the league right now. Not only is their starting lineup almost impossible to defend, but they can match up with the physical play of any team. And that bench, good lord. To be able to bring in guys like Iggy, Barbosa, Speights, etc. and not miss a beat is something few teams can match up with.

Hard to see anyone beating them.

« Reply #953 on: May 03, 2015, 04:38:43 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Golden State really is the class of the league right now. Not only is their starting lineup almost impossible to defend, but they can match up with the physical play of any team. And that bench, good lord. To be able to bring in guys like Iggy, Barbosa, Speights, etc. and not miss a beat is something few teams can match up with.

Hard to see anyone beating them.

Yeah, things have really come together for them.  Nearly 50 points a game from their backcourt on the strength of the two most deadly shooters in the league, plus a frontcourt that is a nightmare defensively for any opponent, large or small.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #954 on: May 03, 2015, 04:53:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Pierce can still play.  I think he would still start for this Celtic team.  He'd actually probably be the best player on the team still.

Hypothetically, how many games would the Celtics win in 2015  had they kept the 2008 Celtics completely in-tact.  I'll include Ray, but omit the others who are out of the league.

PG - Rondo
SG - Ray
SF - Pierce
PF - KG
C - Perk
SG/SF - Tony Allen
PF - Glen Davis
+ whatever they filled the bench with. 

Coach - Doc Rivers

Obviously most of that team is old and busted at this point, but they'd still have chemistry and heart.  Healthy KG in 2015 could still play some defense.  Ray presumably could still hit shots.  Rondo proved earlier this season that he can still get assists in the right system.  Perk is still big.  How many games you figure they win?

« Reply #955 on: May 03, 2015, 04:59:20 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Pierce can still play. 

Hypothetically, how many games would the Celtics win in 2015  had they kept the 2008 Celtics completely in-tact.  I'll include Ray, but omit the others who are out of the league.

PG - Rondo
SG - Ray
SF - Pierce
PF - KG
C - Perk
SG/SF - Tony Allen
PF - Glen Davis

Coach - Doc Rivers

Obviously most of that team is old and busted at this point, but they'd still have chemistry and heart.  Healthy KG in 2015 could still play some defense.  Ray presumably could still hit shots.  Rondo proved earlier this season that he can still get assists in the right system.  Perk is still big.  How many games you figure they win?
like 20
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #956 on: May 03, 2015, 05:00:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I think that team would struggle to win 30 games, honestly.  The scoring from the Big 3 just wouldn't be enough to prop up the abysmal offense from Rondo and Perk.

Remember, three members of that starting lineup have suffered career-altering knee injuries since early 2009, when that 5 man unit was at its apex.

How about this for an idea -- since Pierce and KG are both probably playing beyond this year, how about the Celts try to sign both for a few million each this summer?

KG as the 4th or 5th big and player-coach (assuming the Wallace role).  Pierce in a Posey sort of role playing the 3 and 4 off the bench 20-25 minutes a night and helping the young guys maintain composure late in games, as he's done in Washington.

Celts aren't winning a title anytime soon, but that could be a cool way for those guys to finish up their careers.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #957 on: May 03, 2015, 05:02:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Pierce can still play. 

PG - Rondo
SG - Ray
SF - Pierce
PF - KG
C - Perk
SG/SF - Tony Allen
PF - Glen Davis

Coach - Doc Rivers

like 20
How much would you pay to watch a Charity exhibition where that team played the actual 2015 Celtics?   I don't think it's a guarantee the real 2015 Celtics would win...   Pierce, KG and Rondo might kick into pride-mode and grind it out.

« Reply #958 on: May 03, 2015, 05:07:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Pierce can still play. 

PG - Rondo
SG - Ray
SF - Pierce
PF - KG
C - Perk
SG/SF - Tony Allen
PF - Glen Davis

Coach - Doc Rivers

like 20
How much would you pay to watch a Charity exhibition where that team played the actual 2015 Celtics?   I don't think it's a guarantee the real 2015 Celtics would win...   Pierce, KG and Rondo might kick into pride-mode and grind it out.

Based on what I remember that group being like toward the end, they'd lose the first quarter by 10 points, go on a run late in the second to cut the lead to a couple possessions, come out strong in the third, enter the fourth quarter up by three possessions, and then fade at the end taking nothing but jumpers and shooting like 25%.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #959 on: May 03, 2015, 05:08:33 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Pierce can still play. 

PG - Rondo
SG - Ray
SF - Pierce
PF - KG
C - Perk
SG/SF - Tony Allen
PF - Glen Davis

Coach - Doc Rivers

like 20
Rondo and Pierce are the wild cards as both can wind back the clock if they feel like they are being insulted etc. Game would be fun to watch, so much grit on both of those teams.

Smart v. Rondo
Crowder v. Pierce would be fun matchups to watch. KG would probably scare KO to the point where he faked an injury, AB would probably be really effective against Ray because at this age Ray cant stay with him and also cant get away from him. Perk is garbage now but its not like Zeller would come in and drop 30. I think 2015 C's would win by a decent amount but it would be really fun to watch.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.