Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015  (Read 486745 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015
« Reply #900 on: May 02, 2015, 11:08:50 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I hate Doc Rivers!

+1

TP

Did you hear his HOF coaching to the Clippers down the stretch was to ask them to 'breathe' (snicker)

I liked the between quarters interview where the reporter asked him what the Clips would have to do to win the game, and Doc said, "Just keep playing," ::).  Wow.  Will the winner also be the team with the most points (sarcasm), lol ::) ;D?  Why don't you just tell us that you're going to feature Kevin and Paul with our 'pick and roll package' down the stretch (sarcasm)? ::) *facepalm* 

Of course, he cut the reporter off mid sentence at the beginning of the interview and proceeded to complain about that call on Ginobili, which was ridiculous, imo, but still - ugh.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 11:55:33 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #901 on: May 02, 2015, 11:11:53 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Kwahi that team is old and going nowhere. Time to come to Boston!

Nah.  I still don't understand why Duncan and Ginobili didn't go out on top after last year's finals.

« Reply #902 on: May 02, 2015, 11:13:25 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
#clockgate???

Paul was outstanding, man.

« Reply #903 on: May 02, 2015, 11:14:46 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Now LeBron don't have to worry about getting eliminated in the finals by Gregg Popovich.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #904 on: May 02, 2015, 11:15:53 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Totally bogus to let those kinds of calls go on for the last 2-3 minutes and then give CP3 the friendliest whistle this side of Steve Miller.

I want LA to beat Houston because they're more fun to watch, but that series features two seriously lame teams.

Yep, this is why coach challenges are a MUST for the NBA, because the refs affect the game much more than in any other sport. They're human, and they'll make mistakes. Coaches should be able to rectify at least one of those mistakes a game.

You are right the NBA game is the easiest game for refs to influence, but there is no way one coach's challenge would change things.

It won't totally change it, but it would at least allow plays like that Chris Paul flop to be reviewed and reversed possibly. Just think how much different we'd be speaking now if Pop had a coach's challenge and was able to have that called reviewed.

« Reply #905 on: May 02, 2015, 11:19:10 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
Man that was great series to watch. Spurs made the Clippers earn it and that they did.

« Reply #906 on: May 02, 2015, 11:19:38 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Totally bogus to let those kinds of calls go on for the last 2-3 minutes and then give CP3 the friendliest whistle this side of Steve Miller.

I want LA to beat Houston because they're more fun to watch, but that series features two seriously lame teams.

Yep, this is why coach challenges are a MUST for the NBA, because the refs affect the game much more than in any other sport. They're human, and they'll make mistakes. Coaches should be able to rectify at least one of those mistakes a game.

You are right the NBA game is the easiest game for refs to influence, but there is no way one coach's challenge would change things.

It won't totally change it, but it would at least allow plays like that Chris Paul flop to be reviewed and reversed possibly. Just think how much different we'd be speaking now if Pop had a coach's challenge and was able to have that called reviewed.

You implied it would be one challenge, so the problem is that Pop would have used the challenge on one of many other bad calls during the game. He would not have had one left at the end.

« Reply #907 on: May 02, 2015, 11:22:46 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

You implied it would be one challenge, so the problem is that Pop would have used the challenge on one of many other bad calls during the game. He would not have had one left at the end.

Naw, I assume most of them would be kept to the end when it is largely assumed that individual plays are more important, though theoretically they're all of the same importance in the end. Wouldn't in most circumstances you save your challenge to the end of the game rather than use it early?

« Reply #908 on: May 02, 2015, 11:25:19 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
true but sometimes that may be too late.

The thing about the NBA game is that the refs don't even have to overtly cheat to affect the game all they have to do is call the game to the strength of the team that they favor. If it is a physical team they will call a loose game, if it is a soft team they will call a tight game, without even cheating they can affect the game. They can also decide to put key players on the bench by calling quick fouls on em, and protect star players by not calling fouls on them.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 11:33:51 PM by Ogaju »

« Reply #909 on: May 02, 2015, 11:25:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I can't stand either of those teams. Bunch of whiners and crybabies on each side. Only good news is that one of them will go home in the next round.

That was a highly questionable foul on Duncan, and the buzzer "malfunction" was ridiculous, but I'll also admit that the Spurs blew plenty of chances to seal the win, like when they were up 3 with about a minute and a half left and Matt Barnes tied it with an open look from the top of the key. I can't stand that punk.

Agreed.

Better yet, the winner goes on to lose to Golden State in the Western Conference Finals.  In my estimation, anyway.  Neither team has the depth to beat Golden State. 

But on the other hand, I guess you could have said that regarding the Clippers against the Spurs.

GS is not a shoe in to win.

Clippers have a more balanced starting unit imo

« Reply #910 on: May 03, 2015, 12:10:39 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I hate Doc Rivers!

+1

TP

Did you hear his HOF coaching to the Clippers down the stretch was to ask them to 'breathe' (snicker)

Ok, so, this is a pet peeve of mine: complaining about stuff that is impossible to change in the broadcast. What are they going to do, air doc's strategy on national TV?

I'm aware you have a pathological disdain for doc that extends beyond the bounds of reality, but there's no way they'll air anything substantial from any coach in any of those things.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #911 on: May 03, 2015, 12:49:04 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Kwahi that team is old and going nowhere. Time to come to Boston!

Nah.  I still don't understand why Duncan and Ginobili didn't go out on top after last year's finals.

Passion for the game. Connection with the team/teammates.

« Reply #912 on: May 03, 2015, 02:28:31 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
I hate Doc Rivers!

+1

TP

Ok, so, this is a pet peeve of mine: complaining about stuff that is impossible to change in the broadcast. What are they going to do, air doc's strategy on national TV?

I'm aware you have a pathological disdain for doc that extends beyond the bounds of reality, but there's no way they'll air anything substantial from any coach in any of those things.

But I wanted to hear about the horns set they were going to run after a high-post entry and an Adelman-style chin rub!

Just kidding... After all, the only plays in the Clippers' book are: !) CP3/Griffin p&r 2) Alley-oop to Deandre Jordan 3) Austin Rivers iso

EDIT: I forgot 4) JJ Reddick throwback to Duke and 5) Matt Barnes starting a fight
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 02:41:53 AM by GetLucky »

« Reply #913 on: May 03, 2015, 08:24:51 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Parker let the team down.

LeDiva will bury Rivers and CP3

« Reply #914 on: May 03, 2015, 11:18:38 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Wow - fell asleep during the Clips-Spurs game.

Congrats to Doc Rivers, CP3, Blake, DeAndre and the Clips organization.

CP3 stepped up big-time.....that has always been a knock of mine on him. So did Blake.

And Coach Rivers - could not be happier for him. Once again he's willed his team over a seemingly insurmountable hump - like he did here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpxtiQZiK2c

AND - he seamlessly incorporated HIS SON :) I know he is proud of his team AND his son.

I think the Clips FINALLY have the chops and mental toughness now to beat HOU, GSW or MEM.

I wish Glenn Doc Rivers and his team well - will always have much respect for him and what he did in BOS.