Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015  (Read 485747 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015
« Reply #525 on: April 26, 2015, 11:40:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Hope the Spurs beat the Clippers. I loathe Chris Paul and Blake Griffin. Chris Paul cries on the court and jumps up and down like a spoiled child.

Me too. Real dislike for that Clippers team. Always liked the Spurs.

Here's hoping we get 7 games of Spurs vs Clips

I hope not. I don't want the Spurs getting tired out before they have to play the Rockets.

Why don't you like the Clippers?

I don't like how Chris Paul plays. I don't like the way he spoon-feeds his teammates. He doesn't trust them. I absolutely hate their supporting cast. Full of offense-only to mediocre defenders. Slow and lacking in athleticism. 

And just the Clippers in general ... disliked that franchise for a long time for the way it was run. They are going to have to put together a more likeable team for me to get past years of negativity towards them.

I do like DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin.

Without Blake they barely missed a beat.   Take CP3 away.....check out those games ......Clippers are awful or woeful with out Paul.

Basically they are clueless with out him..

CP3 .....uses his teammates like pawns to get buckets .   But when he needs to , he is ice cold shooter in clutch and can bag 25 points if he needs to.

If CP3 and LeBron were together ....the titles would be endless

« Reply #526 on: April 26, 2015, 11:53:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Seems like I've been watching Dirk since I was born ......smh

« Reply #527 on: April 27, 2015, 08:21:09 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Derrick Rose looking very confident in the early minutes of game 5

« Reply #528 on: April 27, 2015, 08:35:49 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Brook Lopez wants a big deal this off-season, methinks.  Been playing like an All-NBA caliber player for the past couple of months. 

How would everyone feel about the Celtics signing him to a 3 or 4 year deal this off-season for big money?  If he can stay relatively healthy (e.g. 60 games per year), he could be the starting point for a quality team.  On the other hand, if his foot / ankle issues continue ....

The upside of signing Brook is that it'd help guarantee the Nets are as bad as possible for the picks the Celtics own from them.

Imagine if the Celtics signed Brook and then went out and traded for -- surprise! -- Serge Ibaka.  OKC needs to retool and add some quality depth to their team to help take some of the pressure off Westbrook and Durant.  The Celts have picks and role players galore.  Could be a good fit, and Ibaka is exactly the kind of power forward you need if Brook Lopez is your starting center.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #529 on: April 27, 2015, 08:39:18 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Brook Lopez wants a big deal this off-season, methinks.  Been playing like an All-NBA caliber player for the past couple of months. 

How would everyone feel about the Celtics signing him to a 3 or 4 year deal this off-season for big money?  If he can stay relatively healthy (e.g. 60 games per year), he could be the starting point for a quality team.  On the other hand, if his foot / ankle issues continue ....

The upside of signing Brook is that it'd help guarantee the Nets are as bad as possible for the picks the Celtics own from them.

Imagine if the Celtics signed Brook and then went out and traded for -- surprise! -- Serge Ibaka.  OKC needs to retool and add some quality depth to their team to help take some of the pressure off Westbrook and Durant.  The Celts have picks and role players galore.  Could be a good fit, and Ibaka is exactly the kind of power forward you need if Brook Lopez is your starting center.

Please, god, no.

« Reply #530 on: April 27, 2015, 08:42:32 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Hope the Spurs beat the Clippers. I loathe Chris Paul and Blake Griffin. Chris Paul cries on the court and jumps up and down like a spoiled child.

I hope not. I don't want the Spurs getting tired out before they have to play the Rockets.

I don't like how Chris Paul plays. I don't like the way he spoon-feeds his teammates. He doesn't trust them. I absolutely hate their supporting cast. Full of offense-only to mediocre defenders. Slow and lacking in athleticism. 

And just the Clippers in general ... disliked that franchise for a long time for the way it was run. They are going to have to put together a more likeable team for me to get past years of negativity towards them.

Without Blake they barely missed a beat.   Take CP3 away.....check out those games ......Clippers are awful or woeful with out Paul.

Basically they are clueless with out him..

CP3 .....uses his teammates like pawns to get buckets .   But when he needs to , he is ice cold shooter in clutch and can bag 25 points if he needs to.

If CP3 and LeBron were together ....the titles would be endless

Such a tandem wouldn't work, imo, because that means that Lebron would potentially have to, gasp, play off the ball, lol. ;D ::)

« Reply #531 on: April 27, 2015, 08:44:48 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

OKC's defense was almost historically atrocious after Ibaka went down. He's not going anywhere unless Durant and Westbrook jump ship.

« Reply #532 on: April 27, 2015, 08:44:56 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Cleveland are going to be able to put LeBron at PF and use him against Joakim Noah.

C: Mozgov vs Pau Gasol
F: LeBron vs Noah

Shumpert and JR Smith vs Jimmy Butler and Mike Dunleavy. Kyrie vs Rose.

« Reply #533 on: April 27, 2015, 09:06:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Bulls screw around and get beat again. ::)

« Reply #534 on: April 27, 2015, 09:08:27 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

OKC's defense was almost historically atrocious after Ibaka went down. He's not going anywhere unless Durant and Westbrook jump ship.

I'm not saying it would be a smart move for them, but is it so far-fetched?  I don't think they can trade Westbrook and they certainly shouldn't trade Durant.  Ibaka is the most logical candidate to be sent out for multiple pieces to help them retool.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #535 on: April 27, 2015, 09:10:15 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Please, god, no.

I'd be terrified, honestly.

But at the same time, when he's on, Brook is a legitimate 7 footer who scores 20 points a game and blocks shots.  Not an easy guy to fit into your roster, necessarily, but he's talented and productive.  Would be the best center for the Celts in a long while.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #536 on: April 27, 2015, 09:51:18 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Brooklyn shouldn't be able to defend well enough to handle Atlanta. Yet here we are. Watching this series, it seems Brooklyn have the best player.

« Reply #537 on: April 27, 2015, 09:53:37 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Bulls don't look like a team that will give Cavs as much fight as we did. Baby Bucks giving them all they can handle. Whoever makes it to Cavs, I hope they can beat them but all these teams look weak.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #538 on: April 27, 2015, 09:59:52 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Not feeling confident about any other East team really having enough to beat the Cavs in a series, even without Love. Chicago is just so inconsistent with their offense.

« Reply #539 on: April 27, 2015, 10:00:03 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

I agree with all this, and add the fact that the Clippers are the loudest, cockiest, most trash-talking team in the league, and are absolutely among, if not the top in terms of complaining to the refs.

They act as if they've won something, when they're really historically the biggest losers.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale