Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015  (Read 486824 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015
« Reply #465 on: April 25, 2015, 12:29:39 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Chris Paul is once again not showing up in the playoffs.

People are always so quick to criticize. He was fine in the first 2 games. Game 1 he was amazing.
Yes but when there is historical precedent, it's easier to jump to conclusions. Paul has been visibly frustrated these past two games.

He's visibly and audibly frustrated at the 1:01 mark of this clip. Pretty funny considering he's most at fault for Mills having the cherry-picker layup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKwpe74TVi0

TP.  That was hilarious.  Talk about a spoiled brat and a dirty player, to boot.  Maybe if he and Blake spent more time preparing for games instead of shooting commercials, they wouldn't keep blowing leads in playoff series, lol. ;D I wonder if Doc wants to put both of them in that kia and have them jettisoned into the ocean from that aircraft carrier, ahaha. ;D

« Reply #466 on: April 25, 2015, 01:01:33 AM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
Jamal Crawford up to his usual antics again, No coincidence that the Clippers played their best ball of the season when he was out with his calf injury, the guy just keeps on chucking up bricks year are year and the funny thing is still gets paid for it. Stupid GM's

« Reply #467 on: April 25, 2015, 01:54:24 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
So as of now, the Clips are on the books for $56M for next year, leaving them roughly $10M for free agents. They could get down to around $46M by cutting Crawford and Barnes with their team options next year, though that seems unlikely. This also isn't accounting for DJ being a free agent and presumably wanting something near the max this summer. They also have virtually no trade assets that aren't core pieces.

This team really doesn't have any good avenue at improving their team much, and resigning DJ will really hamper them even more. Hopefully they look for a cheaper option and let DJ walk. Unfortunately, GM Doc has wood for DJ, and he'll probably give him the max. They're extremely top heavy in salary, and it's killing their flexibility and maneuverability.

If the Clips lose this series which is looking likely the organization needs to rethink that team. You can't keep bringing the same team back when they can't even get past the 2nd round. Like you said tho, Doc loves him some DeAndre so he'll probaby get maxed. Seems like Doc has Ballmer's ear as well. He's more of a fan than anything right now.

« Reply #468 on: April 25, 2015, 08:27:20 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
So as of now, the Clips are on the books for $56M for next year, leaving them roughly $10M for free agents. They could get down to around $46M by cutting Crawford and Barnes with their team options next year, though that seems unlikely. This also isn't accounting for DJ being a free agent and presumably wanting something near the max this summer. They also have virtually no trade assets that aren't core pieces.

This team really doesn't have any good avenue at improving their team much, and resigning DJ will really hamper them even more. Hopefully they look for a cheaper option and let DJ walk. Unfortunately, GM Doc has wood for DJ, and he'll probably give him the max. They're extremely top heavy in salary, and it's killing their flexibility and maneuverability.

This is what is really meant when people talk about the treadmill of mediocrity.  The Clippers may have multiple stars already  in place, but the Celtics have a better situation for future contending.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #469 on: April 25, 2015, 08:32:01 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I think the Clippers Big Three is fantastic and capable of leading them to a Championship.

The problem is their supporting cast. Too many offensively orientated role players. Not enough players (heck, nobody) who are plus defenders & rebounders. A serious lack of quickness and athleticism. BBD and Barnes are the only physical players.

The wrong supporting cast can sink a team ... and that is what is happening in LAC. It's not the stars fault. They are doing their job. It's the terrible supporting cast that Doc Rivers has put around his stars that are failing LAC.

« Reply #470 on: April 25, 2015, 11:31:12 AM »

Offline Sievers81

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29

It's not the stars fault. They are doing their job. It's the terrible supporting cast that Doc Rivers has put around his stars that are failing LAC.

Doc is an acceptable coach, and a horrible GM.

I'm very comfortable with the direction Ainge and the C's are going after we blew it up.

« Reply #471 on: April 25, 2015, 11:44:46 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I think the Clippers Big Three is fantastic and capable of leading them to a Championship.

The problem is their supporting cast. Too many offensively orientated role players. Not enough players (heck, nobody) who are plus defenders & rebounders. A serious lack of quickness and athleticism. BBD and Barnes are the only physical players.

The wrong supporting cast can sink a team ... and that is what is happening in LAC. It's not the stars fault. They are doing their job. It's the terrible supporting cast that Doc Rivers has put around his stars that are failing LAC.

The Clips bench is awful, though they might be better if Doc sent them out there with a better plan than "stand around and watch Crawford shoot."

But compare the Clips Big 3 to Boston's New Big 3.  I think KG, Pierce and Ray were clearly better than Paul, Griffin and Jordan are now.

Mike

« Reply #472 on: April 25, 2015, 12:34:06 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!

There's no way to improve the bench if DA gets a max deal from Doc. That Hawes contract is looking mighty terrible right now. I thought it was a fair price at the time but he has had a horrible season.

« Reply #473 on: April 25, 2015, 12:38:25 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

There's no way to improve the bench if DA gets a max deal from Doc. That Hawes contract is looking mighty terrible right now. I thought it was a fair price at the time but he has had a horrible season.

Hawes might still be moveable, but it still surprises me that they didn't give a similar deal to Pierce.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #474 on: April 25, 2015, 03:36:22 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I think what Atlanta needs to be a truly elite team is a secondary ball-handler and play-maker on the perimeter alongside Jeff Teague from one of their two wing positions. They are still too reliant on Teague to get their offense going.

« Reply #475 on: April 25, 2015, 03:40:21 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Man, looking at the totality of the Hawks-Nets series so far 1 quarter into game 3, it only emphasizes the fact that the Cs were pretty unlucky to draw the Cavs in the first round.

Watching how the first 2 games went in Atlanta, and then seeing them play like dog doodoo in the first quarter of game 3, I definitely think the Cs could've pushed the Hawks to the brink.  Maybe not win, but I think it's totally plausible they could've pushed that series to 7 games.

« Reply #476 on: April 25, 2015, 03:59:42 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
It's great to see Brook Lopez play with so much effort on the boards.

Such a different player when he is engaged on defense & rebounding well.

« Reply #477 on: April 25, 2015, 04:02:25 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It's nice to see Brook Lopez play with so much effort on the boards.

This is cynical, but I wonder if it has anything to do with him potentially opting out of his contract.  His rebounding has been excellent this season, especially in the second half of the year.  His defense has shown improvement, too.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #478 on: April 25, 2015, 04:46:20 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Atlanta haven't played well but they are hanging in there. All it takes is a few good minutes and they should be able to burst ahead of Brooklyn and get this win.

Oh, beautiful drive by DeMarre Carroll in transition.

« Reply #479 on: April 25, 2015, 04:51:08 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Screw the Nets. I bet they would love to have Pierce with them now.