Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015  (Read 485766 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015
« Reply #255 on: April 21, 2015, 11:44:24 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I can actually enjoy a rockets game .....I don't have to turn off  their sucky annoying home announcers , sucking up to Harden 500 times a game,

Totally! Same thing with the Cavs and Hawks  :-X

Harden's And-1 style of iso basketball is just not fun to watch at all.

« Reply #256 on: April 21, 2015, 11:46:01 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I can't decide who's game is worse now. Rondo or Josh Smith.

« Reply #257 on: April 21, 2015, 11:46:27 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Rondo is just collapsing. Won't be surprised to see Carlisle bench him soon.

Rondo is killing his team with stupidity

Remember when a lot of board members where saying we'll be sorry when "Playoff Rondo" shows up? Well...

I guess that I was wrong.  I don't think he's being utilized correctly, though, but it is what it is.  Sigh.

Yep, they don't have the personnel to make him fit right. Think about it. Every guard that he's played with for the C's (Allen, AB, Smart) hasn't been ball-dominant and doesn't really require the ball to be effective. Monta is incredibly ball-dominant, and Kobe will be even worse if he goes to LA.

« Reply #258 on: April 21, 2015, 11:47:27 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Yup looks like Rondo is definitely going to the Lakers with this abysmal performance tonight. I can see it. He'll join the Dallas Mavericks special victims list of Lamar Odom and Derek Fisher.

Yeah, like Kobe could ever play with Rondo (sarcasm), lol. ::) ;D I know that it's been discussed, but I don't think that that would ever work, as Bryant has to have the ball in his hands all the time.  I'd much rather see Rondo sign with the Pacers.  They'd play at a much faster pace, and George could easily average 25-30 ppg with Rondo setting him up, imo.

« Reply #259 on: April 21, 2015, 11:48:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Yup looks like Rondo is definitely going to the Lakers with this abysmal performance tonight. I can see it. He'll join the Dallas Mavericks special victims list of Lamar Odom and Derek Fisher.

Lakers might not want him either .....I have read ,their fans are not for him now so much , but maybe Kobe is.

He may wind up on some team like Pelicans on the cheap.

« Reply #260 on: April 21, 2015, 11:48:47 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Remember when a lot of board members where saying we'll be sorry when "Playoff Rondo" shows up? Well...

I guess that I was wrong.  I don't think he's being utilized correctly, though, but it is what it is.  Sigh.

When a player is basically a one trick pony who can only be used one way (i.e. have the ball all the time) to be effective, then he probably isn't that good. A great player is supposed to adjust to offensive systems. Obviously they will have different degrees of success, but they shouldn't ever become a negative to the point of not being playable or benched for the likes of Felton.

« Reply #261 on: April 21, 2015, 11:49:18 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Yep, they don't have the personnel to make him fit right. Think about it. Every guard that he's played with for the C's (Allen, AB, Smart) hasn't been ball-dominant and doesn't really require the ball to be effective. Monta is incredibly ball-dominant, and Kobe will be even worse if he goes to LA.

You know, I know that I've said this before, but whenever I look at the roster of the Mavericks it seems like a video game dream team.  Does Cuban base his acquisitions solely on how well they do when he's playing 2K, lol? ;D

« Reply #262 on: April 21, 2015, 11:51:33 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Is Rondo done for the night or the series? I'll predict he gets back in for game 3 but I'm not feeling good about his chances.

« Reply #263 on: April 21, 2015, 11:51:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Well playoff Rondo might still exist in the minds of some diehard fans ...

But MAX Contract Rondo ....is no longer a reality .....so long big money

« Reply #264 on: April 21, 2015, 11:54:22 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

When a player is basically a one trick pony who can only be used one way (i.e. have the ball all the time) to be effective, then he probably isn't that good. A great player is supposed to adjust to offensive systems. Obviously they will have different degrees of success, but they shouldn't ever become a negative to the point of not being playable or benched for the likes of Felton.

I think a lot of it has to do with his acl injury

« Reply #265 on: April 21, 2015, 11:54:44 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

For such a smart dude(suposedly), it was a curious misstep to want to test free agency. Especially coming off an injury.

« Reply #266 on: April 21, 2015, 11:55:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Ugh oh .......rockets smelling blood

« Reply #267 on: April 21, 2015, 11:55:32 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

I'm not sure that I agree with him being a one trick pony, but I get your point.  Still, the Mavericks totally revamped their offense to get the most out of Monta Ellis, and that worked out very well last season, so why not adjust to Rondo?  He did make 3/4 midrange jumpers in game 1, after all.  Either way, I still miss him.  I also don't believe that Felton would even be playing if Harris wasn't injured, btw, but sith happens. ;) ;D

I've also changed my stance on Crowder.  You're right, we need to keep him.  Initially, aside from one game early on, he didn't do that much, but I guess that that can be attributed to an obvious adjustment period.  I still think that Roscoe Smith could be a big help on the boards, though.

« Reply #268 on: April 21, 2015, 11:56:01 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Have they showed Rondo on the bench at all?

« Reply #269 on: April 21, 2015, 11:58:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

For such a smart dude(suposedly), it was a curious misstep to want to test free agency. Especially coming off an injury.

He could have played Danny for some big money at one point.....if he had shown energy and leadership ...I think that ship sailed with the dumb comment about not play n defense for years .

He has been his own worst enemy