Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015  (Read 485761 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2015, 04:15:52 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
It's too bad Davis loves that jumper so much, just seems like a mistake not to get him the ball down low more.
Post ups only 13% of Davis' offense. I think it his fault more than anything else. Needs to put in some serious time developing his post game in the summer.
Or at least fight for better position so when he faces up, off of a post up, he's closer to the hoop.

« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2015, 04:16:51 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I'd like to see New Orleans dump Asik, Tyreke and their coaching staff this summer. Eric Gordon only has 12 months left on his contract. Wait it out. Then rebuild team through free agency and around Anthony Davis + Jrue Holiday.

I think Holiday (PG) and Davis (C) give New Orleans a great foundation to build a top defensive team built around quickness and length. A trapping defense similar to what Atlanta do.

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2015, 04:18:35 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
It's too bad Davis loves that jumper so much, just seems like a mistake not to get him the ball down low more.
Post ups only 13% of Davis' offense. I think it his fault more than anything else. Needs to put in some serious time developing his post game in the summer.
Or at least fight for better position so when he faces up, off of a post up, he's closer to the hoop.

Guards gotta take a bit of the responsibility against Bogut. Davis would be much better attacking Bogut on the move rather than from a stand still (post up or isolation) position. If you get it to him on the move, Davis with his quickness advantage will already have that half a step on Bogut by the time Davis catches the ball.

Yes, nice pass by Asik to Davis to beat Bogut. Exactly that.

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2015, 04:19:38 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I'd like to see New Orleans dump Asik, Tyreke and their coaching staff this summer. Eric Gordon only has 12 months left on his contract. Wait it out. Then rebuild team through free agency and around Anthony Davis + Jrue Holiday.

I think Holiday (PG) and Davis (C) give New Orleans a great foundation to build a top defensive team built around quickness and length. A trapping defense similar to what Atlanta do.

Why dump Tyreke?

« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2015, 04:20:29 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

Guards gotta take a bit of the responsibility against Bogut. Davis would be much better attacking Bogut on the move rather than from a stand still (post up or isolation) position. If you get it to him on the move, Davis with his quickness advantage will already have that half a step on Bogut by the time Davis catches the ball.

Yes, nice pass by Asik to Davis to beat Bogut. Exactly that.
Yeah nice call there. TP.

I was thinking of him facing up to use his speed off the dribble. Just seemed early on he was too far out from the hoop. Seems like they made some nice adjustments.

« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2015, 04:20:44 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Why didn't Dwayne Casey play James Johnson? IMO he could've shut down Paul.

Yeah, I've always liked James Johnson.

Not playing James Johnson was stupid.

Toronto had no business starting Tyler Hansbrough in place of Amir Johnson either, though. Do not understand what the coach was thinking.

And Washington wasn't any better with their rotations either. Why on earth is Drew  Gooden playing in the playoffs. Kri sHumphreys is a million times better than him. Your big man rotation, if you are Washington, should be Gortat/Nene/Humphries and maybe small doses of Pierce as a small ball PF. Keep Gooden and Seraphin on the bench where they belong. Washington's coach is just as terrible.

How do coaches this bad keep their jobs?

« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2015, 04:25:11 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Why dump Tyreke?

I think Tyreke Evans is impeding the games (offensively) of Jrue Holiday & Eric Gordon. He takes too many touches away from them. Spends too much time over-dribbling the basketball and limiting ball movement. I think almost all of the offense Tyreke provides would be readily replaced by improved performances from Holiday & Gordon in Tyreke's absence and improved team offense and ball movement team wide.

Furthermore, Tyreke is undersized at SF and a mediocre defender there which hurts New Orleans' perimeter defense (doubly so with tiny SG Eric Gordon). At SG, Tyreke is a good defender but a lousy shooter who cannot stretch the floor ... Holiday is a not a prolific outside shooter either so that puts New Orleans is a disadvantageous position in the backcourt in terms of long distance shooting. 

Not worth the trouble. Creates more problems than he solves.

I think Tyreke is kinda similar to Evan Turner. On a bad team, where they can control the ball and be (basically) the PG on offense ... they can be useful players. Put them on good teams where they have interact with other good players and they struggle to fit in. They need to be the star. Be the guy who the team revolves around. Do not fit into roles as easily. Need others to fit around them rather them adapting their game to fit others.

« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2015, 04:32:37 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
This is just awful basketball by the Pelicans. In fact It was just awful playoff basketball overall today.....

« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2015, 04:35:46 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

Why dump Tyreke?

I think Tyreke Evans is impeding the games (offensively) of Jrue Holiday & Eric Gordon. He takes too many touches away from them. Spends too much time over-dribbling the basketball and limiting ball movement. I think almost all of the offense Tyreke provides would be readily replaced by improved performances from Holiday & Gordon in Tyreke's absence and improved team offense and ball movement team wide.

Furthermore, Tyreke is undersized at SF and a mediocre defender there which hurts New Orleans' perimeter defense (doubly so with tiny SG Eric Gordon). At SG, Tyreke is a good defender but a lousy shooter who cannot stretch the floor ... Holiday is a not a prolific outside shooter either so that puts New Orleans is a disadvantageous position in the backcourt in terms of long distance shooting. 

Not worth the trouble. Creates more problems than he solves.

I think Tyreke is kinda similar to Evan Turner. On a bad team, where they can control the ball and be (basically) the PG on offense ... they can be useful players. Put them on good teams where they have interact with other good players and they struggle to fit in. They need to be the star. Be the guy who the team revolves around. Do not fit into roles as easily. Need others to fit around them rather them adapting their game to fit others.

Very good breakdown of Evans Who. TP

NOLA has done a decent job of throwing guys around Davis but not exactly the right guys. He's very reminiscent of what Minnesota did with a prime KG.

« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2015, 05:05:17 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Asik should not get on the floor any more in this series.

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2015, 05:12:33 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Is there a shot that Curry can´t make?

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2015, 05:14:19 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84

« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2015, 05:27:47 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Toronto had no business starting Tyler Hansbrough in place of Amir Johnson either, though. Do not understand what the coach was thinking.

And Washington wasn't any better with their rotations either. Why on earth is Drew  Gooden playing in the playoffs. Kri sHumphreys is a million times better than him. Your big man rotation, if you are Washington, should be Gortat/Nene/Humphries and maybe small doses of Pierce as a small ball PF. Keep Gooden and Seraphin on the bench where they belong. Washington's coach is just as terrible.

All of this is dead on.  Hump and Seraphin over Gooden ALL DAY.  Also Amir Johnson's confidence looked damaged, he missed some very makeable shots.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2015, 05:35:36 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Asik should not get on the floor any more in this series.

He looks lumbering and lazy out there, like he'd rather be somewhere else.

« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2015, 05:36:01 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

All of this is dead on.  Hump and Seraphin over Gooden ALL DAY.  Also Amir Johnson's confidence looked damaged, he missed some very makeable shots.

So Amir Johnson was their leading scorer, going 8-12 from the floor, and your takeaway is that Johnson's confidence is damaged because he missed some makeable shots?