Author Topic: Auburn dad knocked out by stranger at Celtics game  (Read 1889 times)

Auburn dad knocked out by stranger at Celtics game
« on: April 18, 2015, 09:08:30 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Re: Auburn dad knocked out by stranger at Celtics game
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 09:13:04 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
This knockout-game crap is one of the dumbest trends to come along in ages. I hope police start hunting down people who do this even by searching their videos online and really crack down on them. Bleeding on the brain is no joke, this guy could have ended up dying in front of his kids just so some idiots could pull a prank.

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 09:36:31 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Wow. I feel terrible for this guy.

Also, looks like TD Garden did not report the incident initially which is concerning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhwHAZyjzAk

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 09:42:27 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
This knockout-game crap is one of the dumbest trends to come along in ages. I hope police start hunting down people who do this even by searching their videos online and really crack down on them. Bleeding on the brain is no joke, this guy could have ended up dying in front of his kids just so some idiots could pull a prank.
If they find the person, I hope they charge him up for attempted murder.

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 10:01:16 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
I know it's not an especially new facility, but I'm still surprised they didn't have video surveillance in an area such as that. Would presumably have made it much easier to catch the perpetrator.

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 10:27:15 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
"While the attack startled his kids, who told their dad they didn’t want to go back to another game, Hammer reminded them about all the good things people did to help him that night.

“My goal is to get them back there as soon as possible,” Hammer said.

He’d like to continue the tradition his father, Joe Hammer, started with him when they attended Celtics games during his childhood.

“We used to go down four or five times a year. He was just following the tradition of the family,” his dad said.
- See more at: http://www.unionleader.com/article/20150417/NEWS03

But 1,000 TPs for the dad, who somehow managed to find some good in the situation.

Mike

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 10:47:33 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Sentence these clowns to a round in a cage with  an MMA fighter.

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 10:52:44 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 11:44:15 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If this happens and you get caught, you deserve a beating back on top of going to jail

some people are real stupid

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 11:52:53 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 532
Seriously they've got cameras everywhere else in the building, why not in the concourses?  When you have a younger crowd with alcohol and everything else, there's bound to be potential for stuff so they need to plan accordingly.

The Celtics have, over the years, been very weak in the area of policing stuff in the upper levels.  They're getting a little better but crap like this - while not preventable - can at least be dealt with more effectively in terms of follow up.

They of course had a stabbing inside the arena a short time ago - and they're supposed to frisk people coming in.  I'd say Wyc needs to consider finding a head of security with a bit more competence.

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 12:09:15 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
Seriously they've got cameras everywhere else in the building, why not in the concourses?  When you have a younger crowd with alcohol and everything else, there's bound to be potential for stuff so they need to plan accordingly.

The Celtics have, over the years, been very weak in the area of policing stuff in the upper levels.  They're getting a little better but crap like this - while not preventable - can at least be dealt with more effectively in terms of follow up.

They of course had a stabbing inside the arena a short time ago - and they're supposed to frisk people coming in.  I'd say Wyc needs to consider finding a head of security with a bit more competence.

Not sure, but I think the Jacobs, as owners of the TD Garden, are the direct managers for this sort of thing.

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 12:15:24 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Need to go old school and chop of these people's hands.