Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Round 1 Game 1 4/18/15  (Read 82545 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Round 1 Game 1 4/18/15
« Reply #810 on: April 19, 2015, 05:53:14 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Stop crying! What did you think would happen? The Celtics are less than 18 months into a full rebuild. They just bottomed the team out 4 months ago, getting rid of Rondo and Green.

Get used to it, it's not Fantasy league basketball. Teams are built, not wished for using ping pong balls. They need more talent, yes, but some "fans" are just so short sighted, impatient, and childish.

« Reply #811 on: April 19, 2015, 05:53:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Listen, we all knew the Celts were going up against a monster here.  We had a great looking 1st quarter and decent 2nd. It's the third where we lost the game

I'm still aiming for the Celts to win 2 and at least 1. But anything more than that would be a dream
CBS said he hated their defense the entire first half - and they did give up 62.  I think they can clean that up. Turner and Bradley really struggled.  They need what a healthy Sully brings.  To me the most encouraging thing was they hung around, got open looks and kept battling. 

There's very little margin for error here, but to me it's encouraging when you take a long term view.  To have any chance of making this interesting they have to take Game 2.  I don't expect it, but I'll be watching and I'm still really enjoying watching this team play. 

Don't get the negativity.

CBS has seen the Cavs enough times this season.  Yet he stuck with the rotation that won 6 straight. For that I can't blame him.   
Moving fwd he needs to put guys out there that can slow down Lebron, Irving. Not hope whoever is out there will slow them down

Only guys that can are Crowder and Smart.  AB has always had issues with Irving for some reason. 

« Reply #812 on: April 19, 2015, 05:56:28 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I also think Smart looked quite good. I'm so excited to see what he can do offensively over the next 2-3 years to try and evolve into the star he could potentially be.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #813 on: April 19, 2015, 06:00:00 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Stop crying! What did you think would happen? The Celtics are less than 18 months into a full rebuild. They just bottomed the team out 4 months ago, getting rid of Rondo and Green.

Get used to it, it's not Fantasy league basketball. Teams are built, not wished for using ping pong balls. They need more talent, yes, but some "fans" are just so short sighted, impatient, and childish.
not me. i'm just childish.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #814 on: April 19, 2015, 06:00:44 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Listen, we all knew the Celts were going up against a monster here.  We had a great looking 1st quarter and decent 2nd. It's the third where we lost the game

I'm still aiming for the Celts to win 2 and at least 1. But anything more than that would be a dream
CBS said he hated their defense the entire first half - and they did give up 62.  I think they can clean that up. Turner and Bradley really struggled.  They need what a healthy Sully brings.  To me the most encouraging thing was they hung around, got open looks and kept battling. 

There's very little margin for error here, but to me it's encouraging when you take a long term view.  To have any chance of making this interesting they have to take Game 2.  I don't expect it, but I'll be watching and I'm still really enjoying watching this team play. 

CBS has seen the Cavs enough times this season.  Yet he stuck with the rotation that won 6 straight. For that I can't blame him.   
Moving fwd he needs to put guys out there that can slow down Lebron, Irving. Not hope whoever is out there will slow them down

Only guys that can are Crowder and Smart.  AB has always had issues with Irving for some reason.

AB wasn't on Irving in the first half. He wasn't having as much trouble as the guys were in the first half. His shot was turrible.

That 3rd Q really did hurt us. We have to come out ready, the cavs were. I think CBS will make some adjustments. This is only the 2nd time we have played against this full team. The first time they blew us out, today they beat us by 13. I think that's progress. Next game, I think we can pull out.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #815 on: April 19, 2015, 06:01:41 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537

They rotated guys on LeBron - Crowder, Turner, Smart - and I think Jerebko at times.  CBS said he was pretty happy with how they defended him so I don't look for that to change.  But if we get down to needing a stop late in game, Crowder's the guy.  They need to keep him here long term because in addition to everything else he brings, he's as good a defensive match up against LeBron as you're going to find. 

Irving's another story, but did you notice that he was limping when he came off at the end of the game?  Looked to me like his hip was bothering him.

« Reply #816 on: April 19, 2015, 06:06:02 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
Looked like the C's roughed up the Cavs a little bit. They had to work hard all game, and Irving, Lebron, and Mozgov all came up limping a couple times. If they can keep fighting and playing how they always play, they'll at least sneak 1 or 2 games out of them. Cleveland will at least remember this series when they are too worn out to keep up with the Hawks in the ECF.
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #817 on: April 19, 2015, 06:08:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Looked like the C's roughed up the Cavs a little bit. They had to work hard all game, and Irving, Lebron, and Mozgov all came up limping a couple times. If they can keep fighting and playing how they always play, they'll at least sneak 1 or 2 games out of them. Cleveland will at least remember this series when they are too worn out to keep up with the Hawks in the ECF.

good. Wear them down. 

« Reply #818 on: April 19, 2015, 06:21:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
It took their refs and "A" game to beat the hodgepodge of rookies and trades that comprise the Celtics.
Looked pretty bad for a team of All Stars .

Cavs will be beat by Western teams if this is all they can muster.

« Reply #819 on: April 19, 2015, 06:24:48 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

They had a bunch of sloppy turnovers, were bad if not awful at defensive rebounding, and cleveland hit a ton of 3s.

They were only a few possessions away for most of the game.  This was not as easy of a win for Cleveland as the score might suggest.

« Reply #820 on: April 19, 2015, 06:40:25 PM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
sully needs to play more so we have a chance rebounding the ball..

« Reply #821 on: April 19, 2015, 07:02:39 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
If the C's manage to get 1 game to go down to the wire I'll be happy.

I am not unhappy about today.  C's played tough.

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Round 1 Game 1 4/18/1
« Reply #822 on: April 19, 2015, 07:08:35 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I agree about the rebounding just gonna be tough to do when defensively those guys require so much attention sometimes doubles and that leaves us vulnerable
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #823 on: April 19, 2015, 09:33:04 PM »

Offline jeezem

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
well, it is game 2 that really sets the tone for the series.  we're looking to steal one on the road anyways is all.  you didn't expect it to be game 1 did you?  time for Stevens to pull out some adjustments and see if he is the coach people say he is.  Honestly, I thought the Celtics performed better in this game 1, than I expected.