Author Topic: Cavs fan here. It's payback time, Boston. We've been waiting 5 years for this...  (Read 80297 times)

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
What a day...

So, I didn't even get to watch the 2nd half. When the Celtics went up by 8 in the 2nd quarter I threw my Xbox controller though my flat screen. I was then forced to head to Best Buy to buy a new TV.

I tried to make it a quick process but the idiot behind the register kept on trying to sell me the warranty. I must have said no 3 times before I gave him my credit card and pointed at my name. He apologized immediately and asked if I was going to write about this on their message boards. I told him no and demanded he process my purchase before I became angrier. He even got the manager to throw in a $25.00 gift card for the inconvenience.

By the time I got home and got my new 80 inch installed, the game was over and I missed what was by all accounts, a pretty ho hum victory by my Cavaliers.

Hey, do you guys mind if I make the game thread for Tuesday's contest?

-Dasd

What, ho hum? You've gotta be kidding me. We had it at 6 towards the end of the fourth. Mark my words, if Kyrie didn't catch fire (which was lucky af and won't happen again) Boston woulda taken this game. And if Lebrona wasn't the league's brainchild, he would have had 4 fouls in the second quarter and would have sat out, and we would have easily won.

Btw, I really wanna see your reaction when the Celtics win a game in this series.

Also, you play Xbox? Laaaaame...

And NO, you can't make the game thread, we already have the best game thread maker in the message board world. But I don't mind you staying. How's them TPs treating you? :)

Dude....don't be so gullible.

cmon, cant i have a LITTLE fun?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Lol at when people make the "bigger than the game" argument about players. Honestly what does that even mean? People running out of reasons to not like him. In a couple decades you will look like fools and be on the wrong side of history. All because of petty stuff. There are people in the world that are actually worth hating.

Well said and I agree.  Then again, I've always HATED Bill Laimbeer and always will... ;)

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I am not a big fan of Lebron. He seems like an inherently unlikable person. He complains about calls, he flops, he taunts other players (see how he stared down evan turner after the dunk today) and has done a lot of other things over his career that really made him come off like a jerk (that aren't even worth getting into here). He isn't a criminal and he could certainly be worse. However, it is unfortunate that he is someone that kids all over the world that look up to him and will emulate this behavior. I also really wish wish that the refs would just call the game the same way for him they do for everyone else. He is a physical player that plays really hard and sometimes because of this he commits fouls. Just call it.

I find this doubly unfortunate because he is so talented and the stuff takes away from me enjoying his game. I never have a second thought watching Durant have a great game, I just enjoy it how he can pull up from 28 feet off the dribble and drill a three pointer that doesn't graze the rim. I enjoy Anthony Davis just gliding in effortlessly for a dunk that is so smooth you are not even sure it went through the hoop. With Lebron, I don't enjoy some of the amazing things he does and it is a shame. End of rambling strange post.

Offline AidaCelt

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13

[/quote]

Sorry to say this bro but:

1) You don't have the best big three in the modern era.  Boston's big three (KG, Pierce, Allen) was better.  Miami's big three (lebron, wade, bosh) was better, hell even Kobe, Gasol and Bryant was better.  Why?  Because out of those three 'big three' collections, Cleveland's current is the only one in which 2/3 of the trio can't play defense.  To make matters worse Love has clearly proven this year that here not a star (merely a good starter).

That is all!
[/quote]
That's an interesting big 3... as good as Kobe "was" and as me-centric as he was, you surely have to include Robert Sacre in the Lakers big 3  ;)
Expectations, Execution, No Excuses

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Celtics may not win this series, but I don't think the Cav's have what it takes to win the title. 

I think Love will leave in the offseason

LeBron may opt out. 

You have traded wiggins for nothing. 

But at least you still have the browns
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I agree with others that Lebron is unlikeable.  A lot of superstars will be hated by fans because of jealousy, etc.  With Lebron, that's some of it, but it goes beyond that.  The ego and arrogance is always going to rub folks the wrong way; it's hard to like a guy who refers to himself as "King".  The marketing, the anointing by the media, the coddling by the refs, the jumping ship to Miami...  He's just not a guy who is easy to embrace.

But, you can hate the player, but don't hate his game.  He's a tremendously talented player who has consistently maximized that talent recently.  He struggled earlier in his career in a handful of playoff series, but has excelled since 2012 (and even before that, had plenty of epic playoff performances).  He's played with some star teammates, sure, but at least with Irving and Love, neither had played in a playoff series before he arrived; now, they're Vegas' favorite to win the title.

Fans come across as petty when they suggest that Lebron can't win without the refs, or that he's a serial choker.  Neither is true.  Lebron is still the best player in the game by a wide margin, and there's no player who individually gives his team a better shot to win a title.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Kevin_Dasd

• Cleveland's Most Beloved Troll
  • NGT
  • Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 65535
Who in the heck is this Don Shaughnessy clown?

I demand an apology from everyone here on his behalf. His article today was flat out unacceptable!
Twitter-@Kevin_Dasd

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Who in the heck is this Don Shaughnessy clown?

I demand an apology from everyone here on his behalf. His article today was flat out unacceptable!
Demanding things is fun.

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Guy's like this always make me feel better about myself. People like Dsad make realize what it's like to have a life. So, thanks Dsad!

Offline Kevin_Dasd

• Cleveland's Most Beloved Troll
  • NGT
  • Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 65535
Guy's like this always make me feel better about myself. People like Dsad make realize what it's like to have a life. So, thanks Dsad!

I hate to be rude, but only my close friends are allowed to call me by my last name. Please edit my post.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 03:04:35 PM by wdleehi »
Twitter-@Kevin_Dasd

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I hate to be rude, but only my close friends are allowed to call me by my last name. Please edit my post.

Thanks in advance.

No problem. ;D

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Kevin,

Is the first 'D' in your last name silent? Thanks!!

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Thanks in advance.

Ok Dsad!
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I agree with others that Lebron is unlikeable.  A lot of superstars will be hated by fans because of jealousy, etc.  With Lebron, that's some of it, but it goes beyond that.  The ego and arrogance is always going to rub folks the wrong way; it's hard to like a guy who refers to himself as "King".  The marketing, the anointing by the media, the coddling by the refs, the jumping ship to Miami...  He's just not a guy who is easy to embrace.

But, you can hate the player, but don't hate his game.  He's a tremendously talented player who has consistently maximized that talent recently.  He struggled earlier in his career in a handful of playoff series, but has excelled since 2012 (and even before that, had plenty of epic playoff performances).  He's played with some star teammates, sure, but at least with Irving and Love, neither had played in a playoff series before he arrived; now, they're Vegas' favorite to win the title.

Fans come across as petty when they suggest that Lebron can't win without the refs, or that he's a serial choker.  Neither is true.  Lebron is still the best player in the game by a wide margin, and there's no player who individually gives his team a better shot to win a title.
Doesn't much of what you say apply to virtually every great player in the NBA over the last 25ish years (maybe even before that).  Sure there are exceptions here and there, but one of the reasons guys reach that super greatness level is they have the ego, drive, and work ethic to get there.  If you don't believe you are the best you will never be the best.   
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

Doesn't much of what you say apply to virtually every great player in the NBA over the last 25ish years (maybe even before that).  Sure there are exceptions here and there, but one of the reasons guys reach that super greatness level is they have the ego, drive, and work ethic to get there.  If you don't believe you are the best you will never be the best.

No. Not at all. Lebron is actually the only one that approaches the level of arrogance that he does, with perhaps Kobe being similar. Brow, Durant, Duncan, Harden, Curry...none of those guys rub people the same way Lebron does and they are not even in the same ball park. The only person you could say gives some people the same vibe is westbrook.